To Display or not to Display

sqidd

I finally found and picked up a Low Vis version one MISB. It’s not here yet though. I am trying to decide if I take it out of the box and display it??? The only excuse I had for buying at its price it was its potential collect ability. I have never purchased anything with an eye toward the future. So what do you think, should I just get it out of the box, transform it and display with all of my other VF-1’s or should I leave it in the box and simply display the box?

Thanks

"Mint In Sealed Box" doesn't exist when it comes to Yamato's because they don't come sealed from the factory. That means that you can take it out, display it and put it back the way it was if you don't put any of the stickers on. Go ahead and enjoy in the way it was meant to be enjoyed. ^_^

how expensive are LVs these days? At the price that the other valks are going for, to me $300 isnt that steep. Good thing I bought 2 of these at retail.

Ppppssssshhhhh LUCKY!!!!

I would display it.

I'm always happy to help out a fellow MWer. I happen to have an LV1 that has already been displayed, and even has some stickers applied!! To alleviate your guilt, I'm willing to, out of the goodness of my heart, and it being the season for sharing, trade you mine for yours!!! :D .

I'm always happy to help out a fellow MWer. I happen to have an LV1 that has already been displayed, and even has some stickers applied!! To alleviate your guilt, I'm willing to, out of the goodness of my heart, and it being the season for sharing, trade you mine for yours!!! :D .

:lol::lol::lol: You can trade me yours for my 1/15 MIB Garland :D

how expensive are LVs these days? At the price that the other valks are going for, to me $300 isnt that steep. Good thing I bought 2 of these at retail.

I wasn't in to Macross stuff when these came out (when did they come out). And I can't say I would have purchased one anyway. I don't think that it's actualy that cool, I got it because it's collectible and I don't have much of that stuff.

I paid $325 for mine. How much were they when they came out?

I am feeling generous too, how about you sell it too me for $150? It has been on display after all ;)

Same as any 1/48. They actually sold poorly initially and could be had pretty cheap at one point. I think $130-$150 shipped to the US would be what the average consumer paid but I know some companies slapped a premium on them since they were limited so some people might have scooped them up when they were fresh on the market for closer to $200 shipped.

I can't say I would have purchased one anyway.

I felt the same way until I realized the Low-Vis came with a pilot which was a new, different sculpt -- that pushed me over the edge for buying one. Oh, and go ahead and display it; it's not like the thing is going to suffer from yellowing or anything.

if you think they don't look cool and bought it for the collectibility then keep it in the box. It's more collectible that way. The LV actually looks and feels like crap with the smudgy weathering on it. You have to take that off and customize it with your own weathering and painted FPs to give it it's full potential.

I think they retailed for $135. Some people were selling it for less because they bought so much and no one bought them just to get rid of them.

Think I got mine for 120 or so from HLJ preorder. Also got the 1/48 FAST/STRIKE pack set (currently on my Hikaru 1S). I have one out and stickered and the other lingering in its box. Always meant to get some Takatoys decals to put on 182 instead of the Yamato stickers on 181.

The only excuse I had for buying at its price it was its potential collect ability. I have never purchased anything with an eye toward the future.

There's your problem: you bought it for the possibility of selling it at a profit later, but you've NEVER purchased anything for the sake of the future-two different ideas.

Sounds to me that as a habit you've never cared for the sake of collectability in the future, and that picking up this 'LV for a future profit was just a whim. You just need to figure out what you wanna' do with this thing. If you ask me, I say screw the future. You paid for this thing now so enjoy it, because you never know when a giant piano might fall on your head and kill you...

yeeaah! open that baby!

i got mine from a MW fellow member back in 2005 for about $265, opened and with panel lining and water decals applied. i've yet to decide whether to clean it up or not.

the 1st ver low viz does look good with the stealth strike pack...so i opened it up last week.

now i've transferred the stealth strike pack on to a Hikaru VF-1S as a strike valkyrie...the strike parts really does look good on it, reminds me of the bandai 1/55.

i remember when the 1st ver low viz came out for only $144 at TMA.com...man, i should have bought a couple.

great buy!

Well after the warnings about the finish getting goofed up if I handle it too much and then wondering what I am going to clean it with when it gets dusty, etc I decided to keep it in the box and just display the box. But.................

It looks like I will be getting a second one today from a MW member so I have one to display. This one is in perfect condition but it has been out and transformed, etc so it's a perfect cannidate for display.

All I gotta do now is wait for this damn check to show up so I can pay for it :)

Thanks for the heads up guys!