Are you sick of the VF-1 Yet?

Roy Focker

Don't get me wrong the VF-1 design is my favorite of all the Variable fighters. I prefer even the simple mass production VF-1A design over many of the other newer VFs. Yamato's VF-1 1/48 is one excellent toy and yet everyone who makes a Macross toy makes the VF-1. How many scales do we need it in? How many colors? If Yamato released it in more colors that actually appeared in the anime. I'd be interested. I'm not so interested in the ones they made up on their own. We are/have getting better versions of the Macross Plus Vf but they have been done before. With all these VF-1 running around we are lacking one thing. Enemy Mecha toys. We have the SV-51, Milia Quadlunn-Rau & that's it. Even Toynami makes one type of VF-1 after the other. If they were smart they could take advantage of this lack of enemy mecha by the better company and produce a Regult. I prefer Yamato to make one. With optional parts to change what kinda of pod it is and all sort of crap.

I still have room to display more Macross Toys but can I put some thing in there besides the VF-1?

I'll be sick of the VF-1 AFTER they bring out the revamped 1/60 version with perfect everything. It's not fair, to have such awesome 1/60 versions of everything else, and my little VT-1 is sitting there with disembowled Hikky and Minny. lol.

Then i will happily lay the VF-1 to rest, i mean... look at the VF-25! It's the new VF-1 BABY.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

What ruskiiVFaussie said, minus the VT-1 since I don't have one. :p

I'm not really interested in other zentraedi mecha. The Q-rau is the best enemy mecha in Macross, to me, and I already have one. I might pick up a Glaug if one's made, but that's it. The varuta variable fighters are meh. Even the Fz-109, is meh, despite it being based on the VF-14.

I WILL NEEEEEEEVEEERRRRRRR!!!! BE SICK OFA MY 1/48, NEEVEEERRR!!!!!, NOT ONLY THAT, I have the hope that yamato will produce the minmay guard, the enigma scheme and the two seaters!!!!

1/60 Ghost X9, 1/60 Glaug, 1/60 Regults with swapable accessories, FIGHTER POD 1/60, MPlus Zentran/Meltran? P/Armour 1/60... what else? If they (anyone i spose) ever get M II license, i'd love to see Destroids and enemy mecha from that era...

BTW forgot destroids for SDF-1 period, ohh and M0 Destroids... yummy.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I love the vf-1... but I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to collect a new line/ new scale. If yamato does a perfect 1/60 with all the bells and whistles, I might pick up one or two just for the hell of it, but I doubt I'd buy more than that. There's just too many new designs to pick up, imo.

I'd like to see a nice perfect transformation VF-1 toy in a 1/72 scale. The 1/48's are too big for my taste, and I don't like how the arms hang so low in fighter mode. I also don't like the fat, low canopy. I'd rather have a removeable heatshield than ruin the proportions and profile of the entire fighter mode.

I've got three 1/48 VF-1's. The only way I'd buy another is if Yamato were to release a Minmay Guard version. (or two-seaters, but we all know that's not gonna happen)

I've got three 1/60 VF-1's. The only way I'd buy a couple more is if Yamato were to release them with PT and that would make the old 1/60's sub-par so I'd have to sell those.

I love the VF-1, but I agree with Roy, the 1/48, must run to completion with the single seaters by making the VF-1A Max and Kakizaki SDFMacross version, and also the VF-1S Max DYRL? Version. Unless they do decide to do two-seaters (i.e. change their current standpoint on it) I will not be interested in any more non-canon variations on the 1/48.

Edited by kensei

Since there's no chance of a 1/48 VF-1D, Elint, or Superostrich I'm gonna have to go with YES.

Yamato should just say out front they're discontinuing the 1/48 lineup instead of us having to keep our hopes up.

Since there's no chance of a 1/48 VF-1D, Elint, or Superostrich I'm gonna have to go with YES.

Yamato should just say out front they're discontinuing the 1/48 lineup instead of us having to keep our hopes up.

I believe that the 1/48 non-limited editions should keep being re-released as long as there is demand, it is undoubtedly the best VF-1 toy that transforms. Just to keep people happy.

With the new 25th aniversary VF-1S, yup, it will be my last vf-1 1/48. I will still like the vf-1 1/48th line more than any line, and i doubt yamato will make valk as solid and perfect as them, as they seriously had alot of time to perfect them. Only exception i can think of, is a vf-1S low vis, or the thunder hummer... ;)

I am by no means sick of the VF-1, but I am not interested in buying every one that is out there. I have limited my 1/48 VF-1’s to characters/ paint schemes that I like. After I get all of those I will not be getting any more.

I understand that Yamato needs to milk the VF-1 molds as long as possible so they can make some money. You can’t blame them for that. I think if they made some limited runs of the VF-1 with special paint schemes derived from the OVA/TV/Movie and maybe even some kits that include special super parts etc, once again derived directly from OVA/TV/Movie Mecha they would sell out. I know I would be excited about some limited paint runs and even more excited if they had some limited “kit” parts. They key for me would be that they would need to be replicas of something seen on the screen. I am not interested in “make believe” paint schemes.

I am not sick of the VF-1 at all and probably never will be. It has been my favorite for about a quarter of a century so I am pretty sure it will remain.

However, Yes I want a Yamato Regult really bad! I neeed it. I dream of it. I fantasize constantly. Also it would be cool if they hired Captain America Moscato to help on the sculpt.

Don't get me wrong the VF-1 design is my favorite of all the Variable fighters. I prefer even the simple mass production VF-1A design over many of the other newer VFs. Yamato's VF-1 1/48 is one excellent toy and yet everyone who makes a Macross toy makes the VF-1. How many scales do we need it in? How many colors? If Yamato released it in more colors that actually appeared in the anime. I'd be interested. I'm not so interested in the ones they made up on their own. We are/have getting better versions of the Macross Plus Vf but they have been done before. With all these VF-1 running around we are lacking one thing. Enemy Mecha toys. We have the SV-51, Milia Quadlunn-Rau & that's it. Even Toynami makes one type of VF-1 after the other. If they were smart they could take advantage of this lack of enemy mecha by the better company and produce a Regult. I prefer Yamato to make one. With optional parts to change what kinda of pod it is and all sort of crap.

I still have room to display more Macross Toys but can I put some thing in there besides the VF-1?

Wow......I totally am not ready for them to discontinue the 1/48 VF-1's. I love them and no one....I SAID NO ONE....can take that away from me ^_^I SAID NO ONE!!!!

Edited by misterryno

Okay excluding Yamato's 1/48 are you sick of the fact that every toy company who gets a chance to do a Macross toy ends up doing a VF-1?

It's kind of standard that you have to do one since that is the original Macross jet.

My head is usually burried in the models due to hobby and lack of time. But when I saw this topic pop up I had to chime in!

NO WAY AM I TIRED OF THE VF-1! (In a very non confrontational voice B)) )

Almost every company that makes cool Macross stuff started out with the VF-1. It's the best, the original, it's what made Macross what it is. In the 80's it looked really awesome too before stealth came on the scene for real. Henry Ford got started with the "Model-T," Macross's Crew got the VF-1. Both are classics! :rolleyes: - In my VERY humble opinion... - MT