The Ultimate Optimus Prime

sqidd

Just after the Transformers movie came out there was a guy who custom painted a Prime and listed it up on eBay, it went for stupid money. It seemed that every artist that saw it then did one of their own and the next thing ya know there are lots of custom painted Transformers up on eBay. I didn’t have any Transformer toys, but I did want one for my collection. I figured I liked Prime the best and if I was going to have only one for my collection of toys I should get one of the custom jobbies.

I found a good looking Prime on eBay and placed a bid. I didn’t know much about the toys they were based off of and didn’t think much about the fact that it was a Voyager Class Prime. Well, I won it. When it arrived I was a bit disappointed that it was only about 8” tall. It did look awesome though. So I contacted the painter and commissioned him to paint me a custom Leader Class Prime to my/our specifications. I just got it today and it turned out like a million bucks! The detail is amazing and the LED’s that he put all over the place make it look especially cool when it’s dark. The ammo belt is also super trick. This bullets are real metal! They are Hot Toys parts. I had him paint them up like real depleted Uranium rounds.

Here are a few pics and a link to his site where there are more. Next I am going to have him do a custom YF-19 Yamato in Foker colors. I can’t wait!

Link to More Pictures

prime7-517x523.jpg

prime2-516x554.jpg

Looks really good. I have a Leader Prime and was thinking of painting it in G1 colours... but I have so much in my "to customize" list that I'll probably never will.

Do you transform it? Does the paint chip when doind so?

Here are a few pics and a link to his site where there are more. Next I am going to have him do a custom YF-19 Yamato in Foker colors. I can’t wait!

That is going to look awesome (a MW member has one for an avatar and it sure looks great).

I have a Leader Prime and was thinking of painting it in G1 colours... but I have so much in my "to customize" list that I'll probably never will.

There's an OP comin out called first watch op or something like that, that is G1 colors...I think <_<

Wow, how much did that run you?

You really, really don't want to know :blink:

It also has a base which replicated a battle damages city scene with a beat up and decapitated Bonecrusher. It even has a few light up/flickering "fires" and Bonecrusher has LED eyes and one of them is hanging out. Here is a pic.

prime16-507x400.jpg