DRYL remastered DVD release

the_foul_fowl

pics on how the box looks like:

nmae23-img450x600-1198134959dscn0134.jpg

nmae23-img450x600-1198134965dscn0136.jpg

nmae23-img450x600-1198134970dscn0135.jpg

Thats a pretty thick book if you ask me!!!

Wow that is a formidibale set right there! I've been manaically checking Japan Post for mine, and right now it's waiting to be shipped from Tokyo for the handover to YOUR United States Postal Service-service-service-ervice-vice-ice :p -- should hopefully have mine within the week! Oi cannae break th' laws o' physics, Cap'n, but boy, do I wish I could! :))

Mine arrived at my office a half-hour ago, after I've been tracking it all morning through FedEx's tracking system. It arrived early (expected arrival date was Dec. 24), even though it took one wild ride: TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP -> NARITA-SHI JP -> ANCHORAGE, AK -> CALGARY, AB -> ANCHORAGE, AK :huh: -> MEMPHIS, TN :blink: -> CALGARY, AB :wacko: I'm amazed that FedEx managed to have a profit this year :)

Mine arrived at my office a half-hour ago, after I've been tracking it all morning through FedEx's tracking system. It arrived early (expected arrival date was Dec. 24), even though it took one wild ride: TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP -> NARITA-SHI JP -> ANCHORAGE, AK -> CALGARY, AB -> ANCHORAGE, AK :huh: -> MEMPHIS, TN :blink: -> CALGARY, AB :wacko: I'm amazed that FedEx managed to have a profit this year :)

Wait -- so they sent it to Calgary -- THEN shipped it to Anchorage, Memphis and back to Calgary? Wow, I hope somebody right now is spending Christmas with his head on a platter :lol:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-a7-49-...-29pj-43-9.html

I was able to order it here. It has a pic of the contents although not much on the description. It seems shipping is cheaper than cdjapan. Play-asia.com is based out of Hong Kong it would appear. I got my shipping notice today. With the holiday season it will probably get here after New Years.

Question: Is this an HD-DVD or just a standard region 2 DVD?

Got my LE box delivered 2 days ago here in Tokyo. Great set, perfect presentation as always with Japanese releases.

The lineart and conte books are amazing and the extras are funny (replica 1984 Skylark (Like a Japanese Denny`s) Macross giveaway puzzle! and replica ticket stub)

It was nice they included the original DYRL? cut that actually screened in 1984 (without the extended ending) and the extras on the disc 3 are nice and all directly DYRL related. I`ve seen some of them on the LD and on the 20th anniversary disc before but some new stuff there.

Can we get some scans of all the individual disc covers? Also, does anyone have a scan of the lenticolor card that came with the original AnimEigo 9 disc box?

It didn't scan very well, but here you go.

post-4745-1198319542_thumb.jpg

Mine's been shipped from Amazon.co.jp via FedEx. So far it's only made it Narita.

Dec 21, 2007 11:22 PM In transit NARITA-SHI JP

9:53 PM In transit NARITA-SHI JP

4:29 PM Left origin TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP

3:29 PM Picked up TOKYO-KOTO-KU JP

3:19 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx

小計: ¥7,350配送料: ¥3,000 合計: ¥10,350

Got mine today....MY GAWD it's huge!!

Wasn't expecting so much.

What are the second two discs in the set?

Haven't cracked open the plastic wrap from the discs yet...

The books look like they contain all the line art from the Gold Book!!

WOW!!! :lol:

The second disc is the original theatrical cut of the movie (regular credits instead of the FB 2012 credits), and the 3rd disc is variouis extra's, including trailers & the DYRL game footage.

BTW, not that I actually 100% expect it to be there, but has anyone heard about whether the 3rd disc has a Macross F trailer or not?

The second disc is the original theatrical cut of the movie (regular credits instead of the FB 2012 credits), and the 3rd disc is variouis extra's, including trailers & the DYRL game footage.

BTW, not that I actually 100% expect it to be there, but has anyone heard about whether the 3rd disc has a Macross F trailer or not?

It seems that I made a good choice. ^_^

Someone's already posted this on the usual channels, waiting for subs. Shame The One Man Army was either impatient or ignorant when he released his h.264 DVD rip on the 10th. Who knows where he "found" the subs.

Any thoughts on the remastering? I don't recall it looking too shabby to begin with, so I don't think it'll out do the M+ set. I'll probably see about putting sbs on the raw I'm getting. When I have the means, I'll see about picking up the set.

Summary of the individual DVD case covers. Mine just arrived today.

Disc 1:

Front: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/video/..._per_inside.jpg (Center Image)

Back: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/video/dyrl-1.jpg

Disc 2:

Front: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/video/..._per_inside.jpg (Right Image)

Back: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/video/...l_per_front.jpg

Disc 3:

Front: http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...mage_0184a1.jpg

Back: Too hard to find a reference image (Watercolor: Hikaru & Misa busts on left, Minmay in her "1,2,3,4..." pose on right)

Edited by veffidas

If anyone has $130 to spend (and the worst head for bargains since the Russians said "Da, ve vill sell you this vorthless Alaska for two cents per acre" :p ), Amazon has started to list the set in its US store as being for sale.

BTW--mine's somewhere in Los Angeles County, either at the main LA Post Office dispatch center or on its way to/at my local branch.

Edited by Pat Payne

okay this is going to be a newbie questions regarding hd. I have a jap p3 which of course plays hd/blue ray reg2 dvds. However i have a regular tv =( which i hook up the p3 with the regular a/v cords that came with the system. Upon playing a disc there are a few seconds that it goes blue (although with soud), then goes back to the picture. I tried the other dvd to see if it was the dvd's. Upon examination it seems that it is the cable, which is the conclusion that i came up with. Any input if I need to get special cables or go but a hd tv?