DRYL remastered DVD release

the_foul_fowl

The limited edition's just showed up on the US Amazon -- it doesn't look like you can order it direct from Amazon just yet ("currently unavailable"), they may be pre-emptively listing it for expected resellers, or maybe after its release in Japan, some copies will be shifted to international sales, but either way...

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Dimension-Fort...751&sr=1-49

(I'm still pre-ordering with CDJapan, though :p )

Anyone else order from Amazon Japan?

I did. I live in Singapore and I've had no problems with Amazon JP so far.

The only "issue" I had once was with the local authority because they had to review a DVD I ordered: there's a list of movies that are allowed to be brought into Singapore. If your movie is not on the list, it needs to be reviewed for rating and censorship purposes, but that's it.

DYRL is in the "allowed" list (with a note that says "CONTAINS NUDITY" of course) :lol:

Check your e-mail. I just got an update from them notifying me of a change in the pre-order shipping charge. Basically, instead of $92, it shot up to $125. They sent me an e-mail asking if I agreed to the price change, so likely it's the same in your case.

Check your e-mail. I just got an update from them notifying me of a change in the pre-order shipping charge. Basically, instead of $92, it shot up to $125. They sent me an e-mail asking if I agreed to the price change, so likely it's the same in your case.

I got my e-mail yesterday, but it was a shipping confirmation. I think if you placed your order before they changed their international shipping options (i.e. eliminated their economy shipping option) and didn't choose the faster, more expensive one, you'll get a notice about the change in shipping charges.

edit: Sorry, Keith, I thought you ordered from Amazon JP (like me) and not CD Japan, so please disregard.

Edited by ly000001

I got nuttin'. They sent me the e-mail showing that mine has shipped today (or, since Japan's over the Date Line, is that yesterday -- or tomorrow? :wacko::blink::lol::lol: ) and shipping for EMS shipping is still somewhere in the neighborhood of $64 (depending on whatever the exchange rate ends up being when the charge processes). I can't wait to get my 4 pounds of Macross goodness :)

just an fyi.

Somebody at AOD-forum already posted a couple of comparo-snapshots:

http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/showpost.php?pid/595563/

I'll post mine as soon as my order arrives (next week, most likely).

Wow-- that remastered version looks so good! Will the remaster disc be OK to play on a normal TV, or would it just come out looking crappy?

i think i know why some of you are already getting the notice.. the The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? HD Remastered Edition is already in stock, while the The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? HD Remastered Edition Memorial Box [Limited Edition] still isn't in, which has a street date of the 21st. SO tomorrow perhaps..

I just checked the shop downstairs and they had it on the racks! Has got to be one of the best dvd sets for that price. Going back after lunch to pick mine up, after I drop by the atm. The standard version is 7000 yen who in their right mind would get that over the LE version with all the extras.

That's weird b/c I just got the e-mail and there wasn't ANY notice of a price increase.

According to Japan Amazon it shipped on the 21st through Fedex International Priority.

It'd due to arrive on the 24th. B))

That's weird b/c I just got the e-mail and there wasn't ANY notice of a price increase.

According to Japan Amazon it shipped on the 21st through Fedex International Priority.

It'd due to arrive on the 24th. B))

I'd log into your acccount & see what the shipping totals are. If they're still charging you the cheaper pre-order price, I'm writing back (after it arrives) and getting a re-inbursement!

I'd log into your acccount & see what the shipping totals are. If they're still charging you the cheaper pre-order price, I'm writing back (after it arrives) and getting a re-inbursement!

Item(s) Subtotal: ï¿¥ 7,252

Shipping & Handling: ï¿¥ 2,000

-----

Total Before Tax: ï¿¥ 9,252

Estimated Tax: ï¿¥ 0

-----

Total: ï¿¥ 9,252

-----

Grand Total: ï¿¥ 9,252

1 package via Fedex International Priority Track your package with tracking number xxxxxxxxxxxx