1:60 Macross Plus VF-11B

Ignacio Ocamica

They did the Mac+ line in one uniform scale before, why would they do the YF-19 and 21 in 1/60 and the VF-11 in another scale this time around? It doesn't make sense. Even if they play around with the scale a little, it'll say 1/60 on the box because it makes for a uniform product line. Graham must have been reffering to the Armor in mr. March's post when he poster his reply.

Right Graham?...

They could copy the Studio Halfeye one where it folds out.

As for Grahams comment, it may well not be in a 1/60 scale, but a 1/48. This might be the case, as a VF-11 at 1/60 scale is too small. A VF-11 scale to scale with a VF-1 is around the same size, and those of you with the recent 1/60s (YF-19, VF-0) would know that they stand just as tall if not taller than the 1/48 VF-1.

Ditto. I think it is all about how one Valk stands next to another. A 1/48 YF-19 would be too big. Make it 1/60 and it matches up to the VF-1. Look how dinky your old 1/60 VF-1 looks to your 1/60 YF-19. A new VF-11 at that scale would look the same. Wasn't 1/60 the scale of the old VF-11 toy?

As long as the size of the cockpit with all the instrumental panel and ejection seat, and the pilot are the same size as the 1/60 YF-21 and YF-19, they can bump up the plane. As long as all the three pilots look the same scale make the VF-11 bigger.

What I mean is cheat with the scale like others said ^_^

As long as the size of the cockpit with all the instrumental panel and ejection seat, and the pilot are the same size as the 1/60 YF-21 and YF-19, they can bump up the plane. As long as all the three pilots look the same scale make the VF-11 bigger.

What I mean is cheat with the scale like others said ^_^

So you are saying, just make the VF-11 into a 1/48 scale, but stick the words 1/60 on the box. That's just Dodge McGee mate. ^_^

so technically after the 1/60 yf-21 i'll be done with my macross plus valkyrie collection since i will already have several 1/72 (1/60) vf-11b's. still hoping for a better "1/60 scale" vf-11b though so that everything can stand next to each other.

A new VF-11 should definitely come with FAST packs---the -11's are very simple, just 2 boxy boosters and 2 "leg clips". Though, I'd prefer a "not M+" VF-11. There's plenty to do, if Yamato can get the license. Heck, I'd even take a non-canon one. I'm just sick of grey with orange stripes, I've owned two.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet guys, Graham's statement can be misinterpreted... after all, he said that when people were asking if the detailed CAD pic were of the vf-11b coming up.

He could be just saying it's not the cad of the new yamato 1/60 vf-11b but a 1/72 scale model of the vf-11b battroid.

He also mentioned before that the 1/48 scale is done with for yamato.

Edited by Nani?!

As the Vf-11 is just a bit longer than the VF-1 no surprise at all

a 1/60 will just look ridiculous

a 1/48 will more be the scale of the new one

so happy

yamato is keeping the size that will fit regular plane box they do at the moment ^_^

ARRAGGGHHH, what is it with you ppl, now giving Yamato an excuse to make it larger just to fit their boxes... ARRAGGHHH!!!

SCREW another scale! 1/60 dammit!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

True to scale is not important to me, just give me something that has similar height to the 1/48 VF and the 1/60 Vf-0. A 1/60 Vf-11 would look odd next to the rest of the Yamato.

SCOOP

Time to set the record straight.

There has been a lot of rumour, speculation and ill-informed guesswork flying around in the last few days regarding the so- called 1/60 scale Yamato VF-11B. I now have permission to set the record straight.

Firstly the picture from the January issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine (attached below) is not of a Yamato 1/60 scale VF-11B toy. Nor is it a transformable toy.

I have permission to tell you that Yamato will be releasing a new line of highly articulated, non-transforming action figures in early 2008. This line will feature Macross mecha, as well as mecha from other series, such as various super robots.

The big news, is that the first wave to be released in Q1 2008, will feature not only the VF-11B battroid, but also the YF-19 and YF-21 battroids (all non-FAST Pack).

The toys should be somewhere between 13cm to 16cm IIRC and will retail for a fairly low proice point, about 1,500 yen IIRC. The line should be called "G-Nu Dou" I think.

Given the success in recent years of lower budget toy lines such as Revoltech, HCM-Pro and MSiA, I think it was only inevitable, that Yamato would also jump on the bandwagon.

While I haven't seen the actual products yet, I've seen the CAD designs for all thee Macross Plus mecha and they look pretty impressive.

The release of this toy line will in no way impact Yamato's larger 1/60 scale transforming toys, which Yamato remains firmly comitted to.

I'm closing this thread as the title is deceptive and will be starting a new thread.

Graham

post-11-1195986063_thumb.jpg