Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Even though I do feel a bit ripped off not getting the decals with my first purchase, if they release the decal sheet as an add on then I will be happy. I do not want to have to buy mr. mustache though just to get a decal sheet!

EDIT for typo.

Edited by miriya

Got my MH in the mail today from HLJ. I really wanted to like these guys, but I have to admit I'm sort of "meh" on them. They were smaller than I was expecting, so the CMs must be really small.

I know that there's a whole lot of anime magic going on with these, so I don't mind shuffling bits around, but I really don't like yanking off the front forks. The visor is really floppy on both of mine as well. I think I would have been fine with it fixed closed, since we have the non-helmet head. I snapped a couple of quick photos with my (poorly constructed) IMAI kit for comparison:

mospeada2.jpg

mospeada3.jpg

mospeada4.jpg

Notice on the IMAI model how the front forks attach to the gauntlets in armor mode. I think it's not a bad solution.

The MH seems to stand up okay without the stand, as long as you pull the feet forward like the instructions show. I have him leaning a little further forward than he probably needs to in the photos. I also like how there's some articulation on the shoulder guards in armor mode.

I'm a little confused by the stand. I understand the piece that plugs into the crotch for a flight pose... what's the other piece for?

Thanks for the review. I like your imai kit!

So did your MH come with Decals or are those MB, 21 and Mospeada logo all printed on?

Those are printed. Man the backside of the MH is looking uglier and uglier the more i see it. It would be aweasome if the MH's backpack could fold up more towards the top like the imai.

Those are printed. Man the backside of the MH is looking uglier and uglier the more i see it. It would be aweasome if the MH's backpack could fold up more towards the top like the imai.

Thanks for clarifying. True about the backside. I am glad that I only ordered one of these. Hopefully the Beagle will look better!

Thanks for clarifying. True about the backside. I am glad that I only ordered one of these. Hopefully the Beagle will look better!

I am VERY happy that there is a little bit of Tampo print. I wish there were more. <_< You are right about the backside. But hey....I'm not gonna complain to much...it's not like I'm gonna be checking out their rears alot. ;) This leads me to think more and more that I will prob. be selling my Rey figure as soon as I get him. Anyone interested?

:ph34r:

Just got both my Ley and Stick Megahouse today. Here is my experience.

Transformed the Ley first, I had a big Scott Bernard Gakken in the day along with the smaller cyclones with the rotating bar that kept the armor on. Never had a problem with them. Hell I've never had a BP 8 or any other part of my Yamatos break, never had a problem with any of my Toynami's either. I'm very careful in transforming any new toy until I've gotten the hang of it. So what happens when i first move my Ley windshield, it breaks of course. Other then Leys armor falling apart multiple times while transforming and the windshield breaking off it looks pretty cool. Not many of the other problems mentioned on him. No stickers with him either.

Then after about an hour to recuperate between the two I move onto the Stick transformation. Knowing how fragile Ley was I am being a thousand times more careful, if that is possible. Piece after piece keeps falling off, the windshield stays on this time but the side panel where the gas tank would be comes undone and the shoulder piece keeps popping out. The rib lock mechanism keeps popping off. and finally when I go to place the hip guards on I notice that I am missing a post to stick it on with. the piece that is meant to go there is gone. Nowhere in the package or anywhere near the area I am working on him. Now he is posed with his hand clamping it down to hold it in place.

All in all I must say I am very disappointed with the quality of these. I originally ordered them when I heard so much bad about the CM's. I really didn't like the CM look either and I must say even after all of the problems though the MH armor looks so much nicer than the CM sitting on the shelf. As a toy though these things suck, as a cool mini statue in ride armor mode they are still pretty badass just too damn expensive.

So it seems that both toys have problems, and it just comes down to which toy looks better to your taste. For me it's the CM easily, since I love it's shiny plastic, spot-on proportions, and perfect transformation.

So it seems that both toys have problems, and it just comes down to which toy looks better to your taste. For me it's the CM easily, since I love it's shiny plastic, spot-on proportions, and perfect transformation.

Amen to that!

Shiny plastic??? Blech!! The CMs figure has weird arms with the double elbow shoe-horned in there in too small an area, making it look weird and like he;s got a joint in the middle of his upper arm.

Yeah, that joint is a bit iffy. But I do love shiny plastic! Probably comes form years of lusting after shiny, shiny Takatoku valks.

I just opened the box, havent had time to give her the bike, that would take me some time, but i really like the AHC as a figure, very easy to give her stances, guns, new hands, very enjoyable. Wish the Scott was taller, so i guess Marlene will be the one in charge with her nicer guns and her being the taller of the two ;)

I received my MH Rey today B)) . Fortunately, I haven't experienced any of the issues with it that others have mentioned here, with the exception of the upper leg joints being a touch too loose, which impairs its ability to stand freely. Other than that, I quite like it - it looks great set up on the display base in "Armer Mode", as it's printed on the box :).

I'll try to up some pics later, if my camera behaves.

I recieved my MH stick today as well. I was a little disappointed with the figure as well. The purple helmet visor has got to go. The toy feels so fragile. It feels like it's 1984 and I'm playing with my tiny gakken ride armors all over again. Luckily I didn't break anything while transforming this toy. It was a royal pain in the rear trying to remove the front fork while transforming. Once transformed, parts don't really feel all that secure. This is especially true for the pectoral armor pieces. There is very little clearance between this piece and the head. I still can't believe how small they are. Well at least Stig and revoltech revy(Black Lagoon) seem to be in same scale. So I should have lots of fun posing these 2 together. Overall I would say the MH is a good figure to have, but certainly not worth the price tag.

So the Stick armor has the MB etc tampos but the Ray gets nothing?

That's really is annoying.

But didnt Ray get all of his gear off the scavenged Mars group supply ship anyway? I would think all that stuff would be marked up.

it wasnt marked in the show. cept the storage boxes have that M marking.

old imai kits came up with marking decals for Rey with the number 31 (CM's also marked with 31). the transport which is where Rey picked up his mospeada is marked 31.

As for megahouse, Rey lacks the markings and the gun/missiles but he get the storage boxes... :ph34r:

EDIT:

Just got both my Ley and Stick Megahouse today. Here is my experience.

and finally when I go to place the hip guards on I notice that I am missing a post to stick it on with. the piece that is meant to go there is gone. Nowhere in the package or anywhere near the area I am working on him. Now he is posed with his hand clamping it down to hold it in place.

You're not alone on this one - i read from toysdaily that someone also missing that same piece.

:(

Edited by Shun

Toboro,

Sorry to hear about all the problems mate :( I hope mine is all good. I'll find out soon.

Arthurius & Hiriyu,

THANKS for the pics....this makes me HAPPY!!!

:ph34r:

So the MH is not so superior after all... Glad I got the CM's version.

Just received both MH Ride Armors. Although MH RAs feels much larger than CM's, my first impression is that these won't beat CM's ver. hands down. Overall, MHs have joints that are either too tight or too loose. Side panel also pops out due to the fact that chest armor hinge is too thick. It's not a big deal though. So far no other QC problems. Stick is still in the box as I already have a huge pile of parts on my work desk.

CM's do have better articulation and nice diecast feel to it, though it's minimal. I personally feel CM's have smoother transformation hinges and tighter articulation hinges. Stick and Ley also look better when without an armor.

The winner of this Ride Armor race would have been CM's made in MH scale.

Another note, I am not sure why they keep reminding me of Amdrivers... :ph34r:

Yes, the two part waste can be popped right off... there's poly-caps in both joints, so they won't loosen or become damaged, and the clear nail-polish on the ball won't affect anything. And honestly, aside from the waist, I've got no loose joints on mine... the only thing stopping it from standing upright is balance (altho I have gotten it to stay in a few standing poses).

I've done multiple transformations on both MH Stick and Rei and everything is okay!!!

No QC problems so far.

They're THE awesome, can't wait to get Yellow and Houquet ^_^

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!! I WANT MINE!!! <_< I feel like a child waiting for his birthday presents. I mean they are my birthday presents to myself ^_^ .

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!! I WANT MINE!!! <_< I feel like a child waiting for his birthday presents. I mean they are my birthday presents to myself ^_^ .

Don't expect a smooth transformation like a Yamato or a Bandai toy. Like others said, some parts will pop off.

Other than this, the details and finish of the figures and bikes are great. As I type I'm looking at Rei sitting on top of the Proto Garland's right wheel-shoulder :lol: