New Yamato TV Advertisment with 1/60 YF-21

Graham

Wow...is this the 1s macross toy ad since the chunky munky days? Awesome stuff! I was LMAO at how the YF-19 seems to try to steal some limelight in the background but failed. :lol:

Observations made.

1.) Nice sleek fighter mode

2.) In gerwalk mode the thigh flaps are almost non-noticeable! Cool!

3.) Gunpods! And they holster on the thigh flaps in battroid mode! I'm just wondering if they will fit into fighter mode, and I'll be happy.

4.) Air intake looks like it folds out but from the fighter and gerwalk shots it doesn't look like it folds. Might be a seperate piece like all yammie intakes. :(

5.) Blue looks too light. Should be a darker blue or purple. :(

Awesome! Thanks for putting up the youtube video!

Another observation. In Battroid mode, the front nose section shifts and slides up under the cockpit area. You can see the canopy sticking out over it.

The gunpods are there in fighter mode mounted on the underside. :D

Those are some nice legs and feet.

WOOHOO SLEEK FIGHTER MODE!

Yellow seems a bit pale, but maybe it's just the video.

Definitely looks like the gear are in the wings, but I can't wait to see how that'll work. Hopefully there's enough room for a sturdy landing gear. The nose gear is animated in the commercial, and it's beautiful though. I'd guess the intake covers are separate, it looks like you can see little notches in the intake area where they'll snap in. I could care less about that personally though.

I hope they make more than one version though.. I could probably stand not having the YF-21 if they put out M&M VF-22s. :)

Where is the FP and gunpods.... Grrrrrrr... Yamato

the gunpods are featured on both the battroid images as well as on the belly plates in fighter mode. Which has been pointed out in this very thread by myself and others if it wasn't apparant to you in the video.

no sign of FP though. While I won't begrudge you your right to complain about yamato, try complaining about stuff that they actually messed up on.

Mmmm.... simply... WOW!!!! :wub:

Graham, hasn't the trigger been pulled so you can (prettyprettyplease) begin to share that hard disk of yours? ^_^

Many thanks to charger69 for ending our anxiety!!

manu

Same here, and it's a good thing too as it gives me time to save up for a squadron of VF-11's... B))

I'm just hoping the vf-11s will be priced at a more reasonable point... if they go for 200 a pop, i won't be getting more than 2 or 3, and those will probably be distinct variants.

FP would probably come with a fold booster set in the future. ;)

I'm confused... how many of these non FP releases should i get?

I want one for Broken Limiter bad ass mode (non FP),

But ever other mode i'd place the FP's on there... do i really need 4 more Fold's and 4 sets of FP's?

>_< Maybe i should just get 1 early bird HLJ.com order and get a couple of crates of either the single release or FP combo pack at a later date after all the QC inspections have been done... decisions.. Maybe 2 combo packs..and the rest singles...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Quick [evil] question... :ph34r:

keeping in mind the FP set is going to include this 'dildo-like' time-space folder, hasn't anyone before why does it have rechangeable legs?<_<

Guess I'm waiting for the FP version too... And I -VERY MUCH- like this blue babe...

manu

Edited by mcpaz

WOW!

And I'm not fan of the shellformer YF-21 but WOW! I WANT ONE. Great colours, and it even has good looking hands!

I just love it when a thread grows 4+ pages in a few hours. It means there are delicious news inside.

What a fast week!!!

-Newtype Mag scans (VF-25!!!)

-SV-51 CF

-Macross F Trailer

-YF-21 TV Ad

Awesome Macross geek week indeed ^_^

I'm more confused -

I swear the FP is shown at the very end as attaching to the 21.

VFTF1

I think you're mistaken. The last shot of the yf-21 before we see the three mode group shot is of the yf-21 in battroid holding its two gunpods. There were no FP shown as far as i could tell.

Wow!!! Yamato is willing to spend the money to put an ad on TV. That is good news, maybe they are trying to bring in more non-macross fans and expand the Macross range.

That YF looks pretty yummy. Now they have the mold, wonder what other variants will be forth coming.

I would have liked the wings to span out a lot more, but it is the best I've seen so far.

Battroid and Fighter look awesome. GERWALK is fugly, there is no way Yamato could ever hope to fix that, it's the nature of the design.

I think that the light up "eye" is a bad idea and hope it is a effect put in the commercial and not a real feature of the toy.

And yes, I hope that the gunpods are able to be internally stored. Can we at least have confirmation on that Graham?

Hands look good, but in the end, they are just chicken hands. I didn't expect any better hands considering how it is stored on the YF-21.

Legs could be a lot thicker, but they look just right, and I can deal with the thickness.

are the gunpods supposed to be able to be stored internally? the line art always shows them stowed flush along the belly plates... I don't remember if the show has them popping out or not.

But i doubt the toy will have that ability, it doesn't look like there's much room there with the legs tucked behind them and all.

are the gunpods supposed to be able to be stored internally? the line art always shows them stowed flush along the belly plates... I don't remember if the show has them popping out or not.

But i doubt the toy will have that ability, it doesn't look like there's much room there with the legs tucked behind them and all.

I know it's hard, but i hope that there are "openings" in which the gunpods can hang in, revealing part of the barrels while the rest is being stored internally, that's the best I can hope for. That way, the whole gunpod is not taking up all the room while the legs are in there.

I hate the face design, it's missing the green translucent bits that I love on the Yamato Battroid heads. :(

Edited by kensei

Damn I love the design. One of my biggest worries was if Yamato could manage to keep 21 sleek in fighter mode. Concern dismissed.

My next concern is how well will the 21 be able to stand on its feet? The design make it top heavy by nature and I wonder how much range of motion the feet will have.

Yesterday was like V-Day in the Macross community with all of the good news. Macross Frontier trailer, Yf-21 ad, and vf-25 pics, Not mention news about upcoming toys. :D:lol:

I know it's hard, but i hope that there are "openings" in which the gunpods can hang in, revealing part of the barrels while the rest is being stored internally, that's the best I can hope for. That way, the whole gunpod is not taking up all the room while the legs are in there.

I'm pretty sure the gunpods are supposed to be stored externally.

post-2996-1194968554_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1194968572_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1194968814_thumb.jpg

Looking good B))

BTW, is it normal for a Japanese company to advertize a product that won't be out for another 4-5 months? Yamato is also promoting the YF-19 and the M Zero line with this comercial but it's still a lot of screen time for a proto... could it be that the YF-21 is going to be released sooner?

Edited by Twoducks