New Yamato TV Advertisment with 1/60 YF-21

Graham

WOW!!!!!!! Damn, just getting MP Screamer gives me incentive to want more 1/60 Kawamori designed aircraft. If I get the 21, and if the 11B is released, I have reason to get the 19.

Does the 21 have intake covers that fold in battroid or are those swappable pieces? Please tell me they are foldable and not add on. I saw a gunpod! Fast commercial, I hope I see more soon. Must be coming out soon if its that far already.

What a fast week!!!

-Newtype Mag scans (VF-25!!!)

-SV-51 CF

-Macross F Trailer

-YF-21 TV Ad

I was thinking the same thing. I love the Macross World Forums. It is an exciting time to be a macross fan. All of my childhood dreams of great toys are coming true. I remember in the 80s when I had jetfire and was watching Robotech thinking, "I just cant get jetfire in that pose". Now with the 1/48 yammies all those poses are doable. And so on and so forth.

I never really liked the YF-21 but after watching that advertisement (4 times in a row!) my kitty got very wet. Now I like it and I need it and will have it (eventually)!

WOAH THAT'S HOT!!!!!!! LOOKS EVEN BETTER THAN THE 19!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR FP VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is this? A YF-21 for ants? How can we be expected to play with such a toy... if we can't even fit inside the cockpit?

lol It has to be at least.. twice as big!!!!

btw does the camera eye really light up?

Edited by cyde01

YES, LIGHT UP EYE CAMERA....MAYBE! Seriously though looks to be very awesome, pretty interesting how the canopy breaks right infront of the cockpit. Also it would be nice if the covers didnt have to be removed but just folded down. Looks quite sleak from what I saw but Im not sure if I saw any FP's.

Oh, that is BEAUTIFUL!

I never really liked the YF-21 but after watching that advertisement (4 times in a row!) my kitty got very wet.

If I had cat, I'd probably hose it down too after seeing that clip! I really want to see what the underside of fighter mode looks like. From what little I saw, the profile was reasonably thin.

Thanks for posting the clip, charger69!

I severely doubt this toy has a light up eye. I'm pretty sure that's just a common Macross effect used to denote that transformation to battroid is complete. It's accompanied by a cute little sound effect, the toy won't do that either.

NO I am pretty sure it has a light up eye with sound effect included and fire that shoots out of the thrusters. This is a very advanced toy not for children and make sure that you do not display it with the thrusters anywhere near your bong or small children.

I'm really liking this toy (something told me i had to order that YF-19 last week). It looks miles better than my 1/72; we have good proportions, big feet (anyone who has a 1/72 YF-21 knows how tiny the feet are on it) good looking hands (i hate the hands on the 1/72 so much) and appears to have some neat little gimmics (intake covers so far).

Hopefully we'll be provided with some nice High-Res photos of the product soon for more drooling over and analysis of. (wink, wink ^_^ )

Looks like the rear landing gears are coming out of the wing roots like we've hoped.

The intake covers seem to be the snap on variety, while the head seems to be able to turn (a bit).

Legs still look a bit slim, but if it allows for a more sleek fighter, Good trade.

Looks great, colors are great.

I hope the QC stuff is ironed out. I'll be buying two.

thanks for the video guys.

NO I am pretty sure it has a light up eye with sound effect included and fire that shoots out of the thrusters. This is a very advanced toy not for children and make sure that you do not display it with the thrusters anywhere near your bong or small children.

thats a good point. Do you think yamato will include the fuel for the jet effect? I really hope that yamato chose the right materials this time. I swear, if my yf-21's thruster vanes melt due to the heat because Yamato decided to be cheap on the materials again, I'll be PISSED.

:lol: