New Yamato TV Advertisment with 1/60 YF-21

Graham

Great news! But why 3 am??? Cheapest time slot they could get? Or because most macross fans are night owls?

I am guessing Both? Macross fans will wait up to watch it, no matter what time it is, so might as well air it at the cheapest timeslot? :lol: Would be great if someone can post it here or perhaps a Youtube link ;)

I am guessing Both? Macross fans will wait up to watch it, no matter what time it is, so might as well air it at the cheapest timeslot? :lol: Would be great if someone can post it here or perhaps a Youtube link ;)

It's running when the rerun of Macross 7 is running. No other reason than targeting your demographic.

What!? The YF-21?! On TV!? 1/60 version?!

This news sucks Graham! I cringe at the thought of thursday and can't wait until the entire sordid ordeal has passed!

I just hope no one throws it on YouTube - some things deserve to be forgotten.

VFTF1

(Note: This message is meant to be contrarian...er...spelling?...contraryan...um...oh...you know - the opposite of all you guys :) ... I just got really giggly what with every post being "great!" ...)

In all seriousness - I just can't see how you can make a 1/60 TV commercial... I mean - are you going to have some kid quick-change the YF-21 to fight the 19? The darned thing is most likely radically complex .... so what gives?

I guess I'm flashing back to the vision of the green eyed TF fanatic who's head turns into Ultra Magnus :) ... and this is crossing with visions of little kids reaking utter havoc on 1/60 21s by trying to transform them quickly...in tune with music...

DUMDADA DA DUM! The YF-21 sooooaaaRRRRzzz!! into action! Kapow! Blamo!

(Picture a kid with the 21 in hand running round going "pppkksshooooo!!!!!")

"Way-ef-nineteeno Tuuuansofoma!"

(Picture kid trying to crack the thing apart and convert it quickly).... and the 21 falls to pieces while action music plays all along...

hmm... and to think that I'm SOBER today :-)

VFTF1

hey...those old 80's transformer ads were awesome ^_^

Indeed those old Transformer commercials were cool. However this new commercial with the YF-21, at least in my honest opinion isn't going to have some sugar high child recking havoc upon the 21, but rather a more professional way of showing this masterpiece off. Its just a thought, but I believe it could be more like a car-ad or possibly a photo shopped stop image clip show with each transformed mode shown and Japanese characters at the bottom explaining price and features. Either way this sounds interesting. Hopefully if the price is mentioned it will be below the $150.00 dollar mark. It probably won't, but one can dream right? :rolleyes:

holy crap, it looks AWESOME! I can't wait. It looks so nice and sleek and just from the quick glimpses, it looks like the fit of the parts is much tighter than on the yf-19.

Hey Graham, now that the cat is out of the bag, can we start seeing some pics of this thing now?

Edited by eugimon

The ad is on during the re-run of SDF Macross. It's not too bad. Also you get a glimpse of both the tan and Nora SV-51 at the end.

I remember the old ads Yamato used to show last time SDF Macross was shown on TV, back in 2001 or 2002. At the time they advertised the 1/72 VF-11C and the 1/60 VF-1A. Some people on here said the 11C ad was cheesy cos it showed stop-motion animation over a background of New Edwards base, but I liked it and the Macross Plus music was used to good effect.

I think you can find them on the 20th anniversary DVD but I haven't seen them on Youtube.

1:200 Macross Variable Fighter Collection??????????? :o

I reeaaaaalllyyyy hope this is the series I've been waiting for, a SAME SCALE series with all available fighters! (that is, if there are no removable parts of course ^_^ )

Yes, this is pretty exciting... if they are truly transformable. I don't see how that YF-19 is going to work at that scale, though. Ah well, I'll get them anyway, where else can you get a VA-3? ^_^

EDIT -- I just re-read the post and did the maths. 9 figures in the first wave -- three valks, three modes for each. That means we're talking non-transformable figures. Aw. So much for that.

Edited by Renato

Cool the YF-21 is nice and blue and so sleek and sexy. I'm in love. I really hope this one comes with the gunpods and Yamato to throw in the fast packs too B)) Its time to start saving again.

oh, it definitely comes with gunpods, you can see them in the battroid shot as the camera pans around it. you can also get a glimpse of them mounted on the belly plates in fighter mode.