New Robotech comic

The invid also would have problems targeting the UN spacy non protoculture units. Since the UN spacy doesnt use protoculture the lower level invid would have extreme problems fighting VFs (or so I guess) It would be even worse around the 2045 timeframe. I'd love to watch the invid try to detect VF-22 and 19s with active stealth. It would be painful to watch the UN spacy rip them to shreds with their space defence forces. I can just imagine the UN Spacy bombers and drones releasing a hellstorm of Hi manu missiles, and then mopping up the remnants with fighters like the Vf-11, vf-17 or vf-19/22

As for the comic, Takeshi's work is signed with a stylized Tuzu, so that should help with identification. (it looks like his though... well maybe)

However, if there was ever anything in the Invid's favour it's their vast numbers and hive mentality.

So what if they lose all of their forward attackers in a missle barrage? There's always more to replace them. And the Invid main tactic in space isn't to take on the mecha one-to-one. They kamikaze and ram themselves into the capital ships.

The main school of thought in Macross (and the REF/ASC) is that mecha fight mecha and capital ships duke it out with capital ships. Invid couldn't care less about that. They'll just throw massive amounts of mecha at their targets and with either win by attirtion or will inflict heavy losses on the other side before losing completely.

Edited by CoryHolmes

Hey guys, we really shouldn't hijack this thread into an Invid vs. UN Spacy thread, maybe someone shoudl start a new one? Haven't seen any fanboy debates like that since the days of alt.fan.robotech. ;)

I'm definately curious about this new series, although I have the nagging suspicion that I should just go re-read my old Invid War comics instead... and they'll probably be made redundant and contrdictory after this series anyways. :lol:

Now here's an Amano Yellow Dancer!!!

NWS_187_2_2500.jpg

In all his anorexic drugee pale self...

I still find it amazing how much they had to change his designs for the animation, but I guess they did the same for all the Final Fantasy games as well.

When you consider the fact that Tatsunoko contracted the animation, is it that much of a surprise? :)

God. I wish they would move away from Macross. That's all Yune wants to do it seems. Macross all the time, ignore Southern Cross part of RT(a complete 1/3 of the series) and slowly come out with New Generation which will most likely be a rehash of an old comic series just the way the prequel comic was a rehash of the old Graphic Novel and Return to Macross comics(I think it was Return). Honestly if it wasn't for my childhood memories, not even sure about that anymore, I wouldn't care about these new comics. I want them to do well but what is bring produce is making that hard.

If the new series SK is working on turns out to be Macross related I just might have to say good bye to RT or at least treat it as one of the series I keep on my back burner.

Everyone is making such a big deal that Amano is doing the cover. Big dea. It means nothing if the actual comic is crap. Sure it will look great but story is what is important. Two stories in each issue. Like Love and War, I really find it hard to see how well they can tell a story that way when it will be shortened due to having a Macross story in the comic as well.l

Edited by Effect

Everyone is making such a big deal that Amano is doing the cover. Big dea. It means nothing if the actual comic is crap.

True, but for Macross World purposes, how bad the cover is appears is the prime point of discussion about the RT comics ^_^

Cyc

Everyone is making such a big deal that Amano is doing the cover. Big dea. It means nothing if the actual comic is crap.

True, but for Macross World purposes, how bad the cover is appears is the prime point of discussion about the RT comics ^_^

Cyc

not really. i bought a couple when they first came out. compared to other stuff, like Alias, Stormwatch, and Fables, they blow. they simply aren't good comics or even good storytelling.

God. I wish they would move away from Macross. That's all Yune wants to do it seems. Macross all the time, ignore Southern Cross part of RT(a complete 1/3 of the series) and slowly come out with New Generation which will most likely be a rehash of an old comic series just the way the prequel comic was a rehash of the old Graphic Novel and Return to Macross comics(I think it was Return). Honestly if it wasn't for my childhood memories, not even sure about that anymore, I wouldn't care about these new comics. I want them to do well but what is bring produce is making that hard.

If the new series SK is working on turns out to be Macross related I just might have to say good bye to RT or at least treat it as one of the series I keep on my back burner.

Everyone is making such a big deal that Amano is doing the cover. Big dea. It means nothing if the actual comic is crap. Sure it will look great but story is what is important. Two stories in each issue. Like Love and War, I really find it hard to see how well they can tell a story that way when it will be shortened due to having a Macross story in the comic as well.l

I think Tommy Yune is trying to add cohesion to Robotech by adding Macross characters in a NG flashback story. Yes, they are treating SC like a forbidden topic but you just can't omit it because it was the least popular part.

• 1 month later...

I'm posting this here because it's a cool picture. How crude the other Wildstorm drawings are compared to the original artist. They're just doing mechanical reproductions of the Lancer character. In an Amano drawing, you can see Yellow's feelings.

robotech2.jpg

"You don't want to listen to my song?" :p

yeah it's a pretty sad version.they were doing a good job.at least get one of the chen sisters to do it.i hung with christina chen ,jo chen's sister at anime usa.those two are a couple of great artists.amano would be cool though.chris chen is still learning english and very heavy into buddhism.she gave me a prayer card last year.she's a very sweet woman.cute as heck too.