What is Color Difference? New "Movie Version" Wave SDF-1

Fai

I'd like to know if there is any other differences other than the color scheme between the new Wave SDF-1 and the older, existing one. Does it / will it pose or transform better? More detailed? Better joints? Some of the guys here have the "older" version, can you comment on that?

:)

EDIT: I noticed the topic got cut off a bit and doesn't let me edit it... Maybe too wordy?? :blink::p

Edited by Fai

I'd like to know if there is any other difference other than the color scheme. Does it / will it pose or transform better? More detailed? Better joints? Some of the guys here have the "older" version, can you comment on that?

:)

From my understanding, it's only a redeco. It is nonetheless possible they improved on the joints.

From my understanding, it's only a redeco. It is nonetheless possible they improved on the joints.

I just saw some other MW post saying they pre-ordered the new one, and some regretted it and wanting to cancel the pre-order? Why is that?

Because they are having a hissy fit over having the first release which in their minds isn't as nice as the newer perhaps?

The only thing you need to know about the 1/5000 SDF-1 releases is that they are small. With knowing that you won't be dissapointed as everyone else raves on how beautiful it is. I know i can't wait for mine.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Because they are having a hissy fit over having the first release which in their minds isn't as nice as the newer perhaps?

The only thing you need to know about the 1/5000 SDF-1 releases is that they are small. With knowing that you won't be dissapointed as everyone else raves on how beautiful it is. I know i can't wait for mine.

Yeah, and since I don't own the 1st release, I eagerly wait for that one that I early birded at www.hlj.com

That IS a relief!! I was thinking of maybe finding and buying the older exisiting one....

Would be nice to have a bigger one, but then that'll cost more too :)

Yeah, and since I don't own the 1st release, I eagerly wait for that one that I early birded at www.hlj.com

Any idea of how quickly they'll ship it out once they get it. Just wondering, does Lost and Found Toys take pre/ special order for the SDF-1? Is that place any good? I only know that they carry the display stands and some other Macross stuff...

Edited by Fai

Any idea of how quickly they'll ship it out once they get it. Just wondering, does Lost and Found Toys take pre/ special order for the SDF-1? Is that place any good? I only know that they carry the display stands and some other Macross stuff...

Unfortunatly, I never ordered from them so I wouldn't know. I do know that since I early birded it from hlj.com, I'll get it before those that normal pre-ordered it. It's expected to come out by the end of January, so it's safe to assume that I'll be getting it in Febuary.

Unfortunatly, I never ordered from them so I wouldn't know. I do know that since I early birded it from hlj.com, I'll get it before those that normal pre-ordered it. It's expected to come out by the end of January, so it's safe to assume that I'll be getting it in Febuary.

If I were to pre-order it now, will I get it sooner than once it comes out or will it be cheaper to Pre-order it now than then?

Yep, Feb, or late January if lucky, coz i go SAL, unless they upgrade the shipping if i get more stuff instock from what i ordered and waiting for...

I should be betting i get mine EMS, as i got a box of the new 1/144 series 2 coming in the same month, but we'll see.

Is it a Free Upgrade though? Any idea how much SAL or EMS shipping is, on HLJ now it says the shipping cost info is Not available....

Edited by Fai

Yep, Feb, or late January if lucky, coz i go SAL, unless they upgrade the shipping if i get more stuff instock from what i ordered and waiting for...

I should be betting i get mine EMS, as i got a box of the new 1/144 series 2 coming in the same month, but we'll see.

So I'll be gettings mine before you ruskiVFaussie :p , I went EMs for mine ;)

Is it a Free Upgrade though? Any idea how much SAL or EMS shipping is, on HLJ now it says the shipping cost info is Not available....

haha free? i wish, no they just decide if it's too heavy for SAL (large boxes an so) they upgrage it to EMS wether you like it or not, and it costs like 40 - 60 USD.

the price on the 1st release has dropped about $20+ or so which is good news, but i'm waiting to pick it up for $100 shipped since that what i feel its worth.

What place is selling it now for how much? Can you post it or PM me please? Yeah if it's $100 shipped, that would be cool ;) The only local shop that I saw it from wanted $190!!! Can you believe that? :angry:

Any idea how much SAL or EMS shipping is, on HLJ now it says the shipping cost info is Not available....

Well looking at the 1st release shipping price, EMS was about 20$ USD and SAL 10$ USD. No real reasons to be pricier this time around. Of course if things continue this way it'll be cheaper for me since I live in Québec.

haha free? i wish, no they just decide if it's too heavy for SAL (large boxes an so) they upgrage it to EMS wether you like it or not, and it costs like 40 - 60 USD.

Haha :lol: I thought it's like if you are "forced" to upgrade your plane seats you get that upgrade for free :p How much is the SAL shipping cost?

Edited by Fai

Well looking at the 1st release shipping price, EMS was about 20$ USD and SAL 10$ USD. No real reasons to be pricier this time around. Of course if things continue this way it'll be cheaper for me since I live in Québec.

Oh, only $20 EMS?? I thought their EMS shipping almost pretty much equals the kit's cost? Oh fellow Canadian, eh!? :) I am from Toronto btw ;) Do you have the older SDF-1? Got a clear pic by any chance?

:p nah. Lonewolf means EMS costs around that much if you order the SDF-1 by itself, if it's EMS, that means there is like 3 other items, with large boxes... that's why i quoted 40+ shipping.

That's not bad then. I was under the impression their EMS cost almost the same as the kits themselves....

Edited by Fai

What place is selling it now for how much? Can you post it or PM me please? Yeah if it's $100 shipped, that would be cool ;) The only local shop that I saw it from wanted $190!!! Can you believe that? :angry:

i saw it in ebay(i didn't add it to my wacth list) a little while ago for about $160 shipped.

if it was $100, i would've bought it myself.

$190 pfft! the new one is more accurate and still costs less. your local shop sux. :p

i saw it in ebay(i didn't add it to my wacth list) a little while ago for about $160 shipped.

if it was $100, i would've bought it myself.

$190 pfft! the new one is more accurate and still costs less. your local shop sux. :p

$160 shipped is bad, especially now that the new one is around the corner, sort of.....

Yeah that shop sucks for sure, I thought for a second to ask for a better price, but didn't bother, I mean they might at most drop 10% or so, so what's the point? We don't really have much of a choice here to buy hobby kits/ toys... I have been buying most of my stuff online and stupid ebay sometimes. But sometimes the Custom worries me in terms of how they could charge us riduclous so-called custom fee and handling fee.

$160 shipped is bad, especially now that the new one is around the corner, sort of.....

Yeah that shop sucks for sure, I thought for a second to ask for a better price, but didn't bother, I mean they might at most drop 10% or so, so what's the point? We don't really have much of a choice here to buy hobby kits/ toys... I have been buying most of my stuff online and stupid ebay sometimes. But sometimes the Custom worries me in terms of how they could charge us riduclous so-called custom fee and handling fee.

haha, serves you pesky canadians right! j/k :lol:

i don't get customs fees?

you like something...

you pay for the item...

you pay to have item shipped...

then you have to pay to take it home with you...

thats so wrong in so many ways.

haha, serves you pesky canadians right! j/k :lol:

i don't get customs fees?

you like something...

you pay for the item...

you pay to have item shipped...

then you have to pay to take it home with you...

thats so wrong in so many ways.

I'll add another one to that.

You pay the customs office a fee to let you pay them taxes. :angry:

Sorry to go OT but I JUST got my Ghost Booster through HLJ.com's SAL shipping. It only took NINE days! I couldn't believe it when I saw it at my doorstep today.

As for the SDF-1 Macross. I recently sold my original version for the movie repaint. Friggin MORONS....I don't know why they didn't color it like that in the first place. :wacko:

I'll add another one to that.

You pay the customs office a fee to let you pay them taxes. :angry:

And to that I add:

You have to go to an office in the middle of nowhere to pick the item yourself because you weren’t "lucky" enough to have a guy do the oh so complex "x% of the value" tax numbers at the post office for you... :angry:

And if you can't waste the time to go there you have to hire an external company to fill the retarded paperwork by typewriter (yes, this happened to me once. :angry::angry:).

I have the original and it looks great despite being small. I would have picked the new one instead though; the little painted panels done in different shades of grey makes it look bigger and more detailed.

I was hopping for the inevitable repaint to at least come with the TV arms… guess that will be the next one :lol:

And to that I add:

You have to go to an office in the middle of nowhere to pick the item yourself because you weren’t "lucky" enough to have a guy do the oh so complex "x% of the value" tax numbers at the post office for you... :angry:

And if you can't waste the time to go there you have to hire an external company to fill the retarded paperwork by typewriter (yes, this happened to me once. :angry::angry:).

I have the original and it looks great despite being small. I would have picked the new one instead though; the little painted panels done in different shades of grey makes it look bigger and more detailed.

I was hopping for the inevitable repaint to at least come with the TV arms… guess that will be the next one :lol:

I know! That's total BS, we, the taxpayers are already paying those a&&&&*es their salaries, and then we pay more to them so the can take more of our money!!

And then once it gets passed the money-robbing customs, then the lazy Azz post offfice ppl don't even bother to deliver my parcel to my door and I have to go to its stupid postal outlet like you said to get my stuff!

Edited by Fai

Sorry to go OT but I JUST got my Ghost Booster through HLJ.com's SAL shipping. It only took NINE days! I couldn't believe it when I saw it at my doorstep today.

As for the SDF-1 Macross. I recently sold my original version for the movie repaint. Friggin MORONS....I don't know why they didn't color it like that in the first place. :wacko:

That' s quick!! Even EMS can't be that much faster than that right? Just curious how much did you sell the SDF-1 for?