SV-51 CF!!!

Priss!

miriya, I like the green one... by the way, why don't we have a fully green valk?

VF-1 Kakizaki, VF-17T and the woodland scheme are the only ones which have a green accent.

I agree. The green one is my favorite. It reminds me of the Legioss Mospeada color green. Maybe there were not any valks that color in Macross but it is a cool color.

There has to be better colour schemes than this naked tan. What is wrong with those Yamato's decision makers?? They have a great product and ready to make more money, yet they could not be bothered to try that bit harder to find a more suitable colour scheme. It is really frustrating. Unless they make improvement to this colour scheme, I'll spend my money on something else.

Seeing those things transform for the first time really gets my panties wet.

nice... ^_^

There has to be better colour schemes than this naked tan. What is wrong with those Yamato's decision makers?? They have a great product and ready to make more money, yet they could not be bothered to try that bit harder to find a more suitable colour scheme. It is really frustrating. Unless they make improvement to this colour scheme, I'll spend my money on something else.

Well you have to consider it is technically a new design so it hasn't receive all the love in fan made and custom painting as the VF-1 received on this last 25 years, so they might take a while to please fans, I would like to see what if versions of it, like a Skull Leader paint job, or M&M paint scheme on the SV-51

There has to be better colour schemes than this naked tan. What is wrong with those Yamato's decision makers??

Nothing wrong with them. This is the OVA cannon fodder scheme, or what Kawamori and Tenjin say Yamato should do for the CF scheme.

Graham

I'm a sucker for CFs. While this model looks interesting, it's just not right in my mind that they used the color they did :lol:

The show definitely displays a more shiny bronze coloration. Nonetheless, I find this scheme interesting in that the lighter color really shows more of the detail and construction than did the Ivanov or Nora (Still don't have my Ivanov either) .

I'm a sucker for CFs. While this model looks interesting, it's just not right in my mind that they used the color they did :lol:

The show definitely displays a more shiny bronze coloration. Nonetheless, I find this scheme interesting in that the lighter color really shows more of the detail and construction than did the Ivanov or Nora (Still don't have my Ivanov either) .

we should start a "I pre-ordered my sv-51 and I STILL don't have it yet" support group.

WHAt??? I thought they were a non profit. i've been writing off my yamato purchases for years now as contributions. oh crap, I hope the IRS doesn't audit me.

Yea it is definitely getting to be a expensive hobby, my last three were the VF-0A w/ Ghost, SV-51 and Super VF-1J Max Type and they were about a month apart each purchase.

I do like the theme of this figure, but like many of you I wish it to have more of a darker look to it. I could definitely see it having a place in my Macross collection, but for now it will be a low priority. I am really looking forward to the Nora release, and 25th Anni releases of the VF-1S and YF-19.

Wow. That was quick. Yamato is really banging these out! Is that the quickest that they have ever released two repaints after an initial release? I am glad that they are producing a lot of different figures, even if there are lots of repaints. Also good to know that HLJ is back up.

EDIT: The more I look at this, the more I want one. I am starting to like this color. Still prefer a Dobber.

Edited by miriya

What a shame... I was all gung-ho about getting a CF SV-51 but Yamato had to make it look like a plucked chicken. Unless they change the plastic color to a much darker shade of tan or a greyish brown I'll have no choice but to pass on this: if it doesn't look reasonably close to what I saw on the screen I won't buy it.

As for the body colored joints and face, I believe the problem lies with how Yamato had the molds made. If they decided to go with a series of family molds to shoot parts in one go, then whatever the color happens to be that is what you'll get for all the plastic parts comming out of that mold; if parts that should be black belong to the same mold as the larger parts that are going to be magenta or brown, or whatever, then they will be molded in magenta or brown, etc., and the only way to make them look right would be for yamato to have them painted which will add cost. So, unless my assumption is totally off, the toys will have body colored joints.

Three different SV-51 and only one color variation of the YF-19? come on! I still think that this one looks great.

well, to be fair, there is only 1 scheme shown in mac+ for the yf-19. And we are getting the 25th anniversary, though your mileage may vary on that one.

It is 10pm on a Friday night. I should be drinking at a sleazy bar trying to pick up venereal diseases right now! What am I still doing in front of my computer for? I'll be back tomorrow, hungover.

LOL

I'm on here on a SAT night. Still drinkin' !

Anywho, IMHO this paint scheme is a pass.

I am a big fan of Dobber's scheme