Disliked Mecha...

drkstar00

Honestly I think the YF-21 and VF-22 are ruined by their wtf-shaped canopies.

If they looked like the Prototype YF-21, i'd say the YF-21/22 is the best design only because I'm a fan of the failed YF-23

Hell, once I get my 1/60 YF-21 I'm going to change the canopy to that of a proto 21 and repaing the whole thing >:D

Edited by Duymon

So you guys are not fans of the Q-Rau obviously? :p

I look at the prototype, and compare it to the YF-21, and it seems that the prototype is lacking character.

Too much 19 or 11 for me!

:edit: i do hope for a VF-22 face plate swap and change though.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol yeah, Q-Rau is sexy anyways, and kicked arse, not like it's male counterpart.

Anyone ever thought of doing up the YF-21 in a red design or Green just like the Q-Rau's were seen in DYRL?

I know Millia's 22 was done in her trademark red but seeing that there is a licensing issue (lame) they could just

do a Q-Rau colour scheme instead. Green would look awesome.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Now here is where I make the crack about the DYRL CF Q-rau, and the 1/72 YF-21FP as the purple-people-eater being like the DYRL CF Q-rau. :lol: Do not kill me for I am fatally allergic to death, it kind of makes me... well dead. :p

I have to say I'm not a great fan of Chlore's Q-rau from the Fleet of Strongest Women episode of M7. I just don't like that yellow color. Far be it for me to say it's too flashy after all that we've seen in M7, or Miria's red valkyries, but yeah I think the yellow is too flashy. :lol:

I have to say I'm not a great fan of Chlore's Q-rau from the Fleet of Strongest Women episode of M7. I just don't like that yellow color. Far be it for me to say it's too flashy after all that we've seen in M7, or Miria's red valkyries, but yeah I think the yellow is too flashy. :lol:

That was the best bit of M7. I was all Cool now we have some proper enemies, and then the end credits rolled. :( Have to admit though after all the bland mecha colouring and such in M7 it was kinda oh shiny thing, dis counting Basra and the rest of the singing tartlets.

I consider practically everything mecha. Mecha just means mechanical, so that covers most everything in sci-fi. When I'm posting on anime boards I often make the distinction out of habit, but I use mecha and mechanical design in every day speech. In any definition of mecha I'd include the Transformers, AT-AT/AT-ST/AT-TE and all the Star Wars droids, the Terminator, the Matrix Sentinels/Ships/APUs, Robocop/ED-209, Master Chief and all that stuff.

The Transformers from the Bay film were quite ugly and too over-designed, IMO. They did sell menace when needed, but they had virtually nothing for aesthetic quality. It's funny, but some of the old original designs had more modern aesthetic appeal than the Bay versions :)

The enemy VF's in M7 (14's?) painted all purple - was gross - as well as the 19 kai and 11 customs are horrid - don;t get me started on the "clown" vf-1's. And while I love the 17 and the D model, I really, really hate the 17S head - like, really really.

From other series, the destroids in general don't do anything for me for the most part, and I dislike the VF4 and I haven;t quite worked out how I feel about the SV-51 yet

Within Macross the Metal Siren. Ugly, ugly design IMO. VF-2SS and VF-2JA are great though.

Outside of Macross, pretty much all Gundam. I also just don't understand the attraction.

Graham

giant clown colored samurai robots with laser swords, what don't you like about that?

I'm not really understanding dislike for the VF-17S head. I like it better than the VF-17D, but I guess that's just personal preference.

I've often been confused by an apparent cross-over block between a segment of Macross and Gundam fandom. I've seen some Macross fans that just can't get into any Gundam mechanical design amd Gundam fans that just don't see anything of worth in Macross. I'm quite hardcore Macross, but I've never had any trouble appreciating the designs found in Gundam. Actually, I've never had any trouble appreciating mechanical designs from plenty of anime mecha shows like Gundam, Patlabor, Five Star Stories, Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion and so on. IMO, there's a lot to love :)

My big problem with mecha shows of all types has been the story and sadly Gundam is no exception. However, I've found a good portion of the mechanical designs in Gundam are quality, especially my favorite mobile suit the RX-78NT-1 Gundam Alex. I also like the departure they've taken with the GN-001 Exia from Gundam 00. It's familiar Gundam of course, but I like the slightly different take on the traditional design.

the boobies almost look like blue eyes

.......Hypnotizing :blink::wacko:Blue-Eyed Boobies OF DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<singing> "These eyes (doo, doo, duh-doo, doooooo!)..........These eyes (doo, doo, duh-doo, dooooo)........cry every night...."

<Must use comedy to dull the pain of that vile image> :lol:

...and the zapping spark on the shoulder.

ARGH!!! The roboboobs! The pinkness! The awful high heels! The LIPS!!!

ROFL! God, that's an awful design even by super robot standards.

My least favorite Macross mecha has gotta be the Petite Cola machines. So friggin' persistent! It's a wonder you didn't see them all vandalized. Now if it was like Mt. Dewbot from Transformers, I could get on board!

Seriously though, I don't really care for the popes: VF-9, VF-14, the Fz's and the SV-51. The overall transformation of ht 51 is neat, but it just seems WAY too complex for the first VF to ever see combat. I have no problem with the VF-25's similarity b/c they'vve had like 60 years to improve micronization and compartmentalization of the fighter's systems. It fits a progression, the 51 doesn't (to me).

Battle 7 - almost cool, but pointless, and the hands... Battle 13 on the other hand - AWESOME revision of the existing New Macross design.

^ curses no! my eyes...my eyes are bleeding! :lol:

i don't know whats worse, robots with beasts or robots with humanoid faces....or ones with both. *insert puking emoticon here*

I can stand all that, what I can't are those huge tighs and lower legs all the M7 valks have :lol:

I like the M7 designs but the Kawamori chunky leg fetish of the 90's doesn't blow my wistle.

Now a mecha I dislike?... the VA-3. It looks like a Transformers G1 toy (although in Dynamite it didn't look that bad).

are we talking about Macross mecha, or anime mecha in general?

Personally, i dont like the SV-51, YF-21, the Macross 7 crap and most of the Zentradi battle mechs.

outside of macross, im not a big fan of the Evangelions, Escaflowne or the original Getter robo's

what do you like and oh yeah Prophet sucked!