The Anime Trivia Thread

areaseven

Ok, let me try. This should be easy B))

what do the following have in common?

Salamander, High Speed Jecy, Macross II

Haruhiko Mikimoto was responsable of character design?? :huh:

Close enough, they are all late 80`s OVA`s that sucked, and have Mikimoto character designs :p

But now you are back in the hot seat. Got a new question?

:huh: No question... sorry again someone else can take over

Again?! Don`t answer if you aren`t willing to post a question :D

Here`s my next question;

What is the name of Lupin the Thirds son?

Wrong answers get a pic of Basara-Faye sent to them, so no guessing :o

Next question:

On the final episode of RahXephon, before Ernst Von Bähbem is shot, we see him carry a book. What is the title of that book?

I guess not everyone's seen RahXephon yet. Bähbem was carrying the novel The Wizard of Oz.

Next question:

In episode 1 of Air Master, what is the given name of the finishing move Maki did on Lucha Master?

Next question:

In episode 1 of Air Master, what is the given name of the finishing move Maki did on Lucha Master?

Guess that was a tough one. The finishing move is called "Air Spin Driver".

Next question, Jeopardy!-style:

The story of this anime begins after a distant supernova wipes out majority of Earth's population.

Next question:

Guess that was a tough one. The finishing move is called "Air Spin Driver".

Next question, Jeopardy!-style:

The story of this anime begins after a distant supernova wipes out majority of Earth's population.

What is Uchuu no Stellvia?

Edited by JELEINEN

In Uchuu Senkan Yamato (AKA Star Blazers in the US), what is the symbolic signifigance of the having their pistols holstered on the left to be cross-drawn?

It creates a parallel between them and the Samurai who drew their swords the same way??? Just a guess there.

Pretty much. The grips of the pistols jutting forward makes them look like samurai swords. It's one of the things people point out when they talk about the series' nationalistic agenda.

I'll leave the floor to you, Lord Breetai.

Edited by JELEINEN

Okay the TeikokuKagekidan from Sakura Taisen is partly based on the OSK and Partly based on the Takarazuka Kagekidan...

Like the Takarazuka Kagekidan the Teikoku Kagekidan is devided into different Gumi(or groups). In Sakura Taisen the Hana-gumi is the main pilots, Tsuki-Gumi is the spy network etc.

One of the Gumi that offically exists in Sakura Taisen was only ever featured in the musical Hanasaku Otome... what gumi was that and what was it's purpose?

Okay the TeikokuKagekidan from Sakura Taisen is partly based on the OSK and Partly based on the Takarazuka Kagekidan...

Like the Takarazuka Kagekidan the Teikoku Kagekidan is devided into different Gumi(or groups). In Sakura Taisen the Hana-gumi is the main pilots, Tsuki-Gumi is the spy network etc.

One of the Gumi that offically exists in Sakura Taisen was only ever featured in the musical Hanasaku Otome... what gumi was that and what was it's purpose?

The answer to my question was "the Otome-gumi, and the purpose was a theather school/Kobu Pilot Training facility"

and I thought if time ran out, I'd get to ask the new question... that's okay though... cause I don't know that much obscure knowledge worth testing you with.

An alien bent on conquering the Earth ends up stranded by his race and finds himself living in the haunted basement of a family home and spending most of his time assembling Gundam model kits. Which anime is this?

Time's up. The answer is Keroro Gunso.

Next question:

In Cowboy Bebop, what is V.T.'s full name?

Name TWO of the "armaments" (not the monoships) aboard the BEBOP.

It does not have armament

:lol: I'll just ask another Bebop question.

What are the three ships usually stored onboard the Bebop?

Name TWO of the "armaments" (not the monoships) aboard the BEBOP.

It does not have armament

:lol: I'll just ask another Bebop question.

What are the three ships usually stored onboard the Bebop?

:unsure: lets see...

Hammerhead

Red Tail

Swordfish II

Thanks. :lol:

Now, continuing the Eva theme, one question.

During episode 1, Angel Attack, Ritsuko mentioned a nickname that Eva-01 earned due to it's quite low probability to start up. What was it?

And the bonus one, Eva manga related.

In the manga, during Zeurel's attack, while telling Shinji that him, like Misato and himself, didn't deserve to be happy, Kaji revealed the very reason why he searched the truth behind Seele and the Second Impact. What (and who) is the reason? :ph34r:

Thanks. :lol:

Now, continuing the Eva theme, one question.

During episode 1, Angel Attack, Ritsuko mentioned a nickname that Eva-01 earned due to it's quite low probability to start up. What was it?

And the bonus one, Eva manga related.

In the manga, during Zeurel's attack, while telling Shinji that him, like Misato and himself, didn't deserve to be happy, Kaji revealed the very reason why he searched the truth behind Seele and the Second Impact. What (and who) is the reason? :ph34r:

The 0-9 system... in the dub they also called it the Oni system.

don't know the bonus question.

Well, two correct answers, and quite close. Sorry Richter, but this one goes to lord_breetai, he was almost half an hour faster. B))

Answering the bonus one...

--SPOILER ALERT--

In Volume 7, Kaji reveals that he had a younger brother. Both and some friends ganged up after the Second Impact, and to survive they stole food from a nearby military base. However, during one of those runs, Kaji was captured and, gun on his head, forced to reveal where the other kids where hiding.

He did, and his brother and friends were murdered.

After that he reasoned that he had traded his brother's life for his own (like, as he told the First Children, Misato had with his father's and Shinji with Touji's) and decided to find the truth behind Second Impact as atonishment.

(Damn, should have made the bonus the main question, it's much more powerful :ph34r: )

--End of Spoiler--

You can find Volume 7 in less than one minute in google, or pm me, if you want to know the whole story.

Your turn, lord_breetai