Which toy (singular) in your vast collection do you cherish the most?

Ratchet

I don't have that many Valks and Transformers, but it would have to be my Low Viz 1/48.

If my place ever catches on fire and I could only save one toy (after saving other more important things besides toys), I'd save my Low Viz.

Hmmmm...forget that. I'd save my MP-01 Primes.....yes both dammit!

Wait-a-minute....I can't leave my Predaking.....f*ck!

*lol*

I'm only bringing this up, because we had an earthquake yesterday here in the Bay-Yay Area. I'm not even mentioning the fires near San Diego and Hawaii?

Edited in:

I just mentioned the fires in SOCAL and Hawaii..duh :rolleyes:

Edited by Ratchet

Heh yeah, i'd be like (get the YF-21 or SV-51 Nora 1/60!) and whatever money, passport i had then i'd go back and get the rest.

My wife would rescue the cat so then i'd have enough hands to get the Macross out. :p

Seriously, if it was a really bad fire, i'd get a big bag, and swipe all of them in the bag roughly and zooom i'd get it all to safety. :p

No fires thankyou!

SO yeah my fav would be the 1/60 YF-21, and SV-51 Nora. Anything else i almost love just as much.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

*lol*

I'm only bringing this up, because we had an earthquake yesterday here in the Bay-Yay Area. I'm not even mentioning the fires near San Diego and Hawaii?

Edited in:

I just mentioned the fires in SOCAL and Hawaii..duh :rolleyes:

that hardly qualified as an earthquake.

Fav.....? Hmmmmmmm....that's a tough one......I really like my 1/55 M&M's and I also really like my 1/48 CF. Screw it....I would grab both....then I would have my wife grab my MP OP and Galvatron and Sixshot and the rest of my 1/55's. ^_^

that hardly qualified as an earthquake.

Ohh...a resident Californian. I guess an earthquake in your book would be somewhere in the Richter scale of 7+ loma prieta quake range.

I was woken up by that quake centered around San Jose. Quakes don't usually wake me up when I'm snoring in bed.

I remember going through this back in '89

fire5.gif

Ohh...a resident Californian. I guess an earthquake in your book would be somewhere in the Richter scale of 7+ loma prieta quake range.

I was woken up by that quake centered around San Jose. Quakes don't usually wake me up when I'm snoring in bed.

I remember going through this back in '89

yup, unless it's a 7 +, don't even bother putting it on the evening news. A few shattered windows and some broken wine bottles I do not consider news ready.

Back on topic, after our "earthquake" I grabbed the baby and the first valk I checked on was my yf-19. I don't know if I cherish it the most, but it's the first one I checked on.

I gotta disagree with Eugimon, that's the first earthquake in a long time that made me start wondering what items I should grab on my way out the door. Fortunately for me, the only valks in my newest place right now are all of the Mac Zero variety and I could care less about them. First I checked my TV mounted to the wall, then I went back and grabbed my keys.... then I grabbed my cell phone... then everything was done and I never stepped out the front door. Still, in Burlingame, that was the best ride I've had in a long time so I would qualify that as a quake. Anything that makes me get out of a chair is worth respecting... and this earthquake certainly rumbled long enough to manage that.

I gotta disagree with Eugimon, that's the first earthquake in a long time that made me start wondering what items I should grab on my way out the door. Fortunately for me, the only valks in my newest place right now are all of the Mac Zero variety and I could care less about them. First I checked my TV mounted to the wall, then I went back and grabbed my keys.... then I grabbed my cell phone... then everything was done and I never stepped out the front door. Still, in Burlingame, that was the best ride I've had in a long time so I would qualify that as a quake. Anything that makes me get out of a chair is worth respecting... and this earthquake certainly rumbled long enough to manage that.

Dude....after I woke up. I ran straight out into my backyard where nothing above could land on top of me. Too bad I was still groggy for I would have like to have experience the full shock of the quake.

How long was the quake anyway? 10 seconds? I only remember 2-3 seconds of it.

If I had to grab only one toy out of my collection it would most likely be the 1/60 YF-19, since I had waited so long to get it. That's if there was some emergency and I could only grab one thing form my collection of what I most affectionately call "crap". :lol:

In reality all the real real important stuff would come with me, and a couple things from my collection would probably be tossed in a backpack with said important things. :p

addition: I slept through most of the first jolt of the '89 quake as a little kid. :lol: I got dragged out of bed by my mom, completely groggy wondering why everything was shaking and making so much noise. It was after I woke up and we experienced the aftershocks that I proceeded to freak out.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Difficult thing to answer...one of the first things that spring to mind is Kiss Rodimus, but he's so far away from my room I wouldn't be able to save him in an emergency.

It's sort of a tie between SOC Spec Eva 01, Leader Class Prime , MP Starscream and 08 Bumblebee.

Of course, in an emergency, I could just grab a big box, shove them all in and run.

If I had to grab only one toy out of my collection it would most likely be the 1/60 YF-19, since I had waited so long to get it. That's if there was some emergency and I could only grab one thing form my collection of what I most affectionately call "crap". :lol:

In reality all the real real important stuff would come with me, and a couple things from my collection would probably be tossed in a backpack with said important things. :p

addition: I slept through most of the first jolt of the '89 quake as a little kid. :lol: I got dragged out of bed by my mom, completely groggy wondering why everything was shaking and making so much noise. It was after I woke up and we experienced the aftershocks that I proceeded to freak out.

Dude....I was watching the pre-game of Game 3 of the World Series between the SF Giants and the Oakland A's at 5:04 pm? Then all of sudden, I was being slapped around my room for a good 5-10 seconds. I looked out the window a minute later and my entire neighbors on my block were on the streets dazed and listening on their battery powered radios/tvs.

Geez...

Here I thought this was just another good old "I love so and so most" and "so and so rocks!" thread, but no....fires...earthquakes...life and death....

Ok so -

If a simultaneous nuclear strike annihilated the surrounding country side creating radioactive fall out, and at the same time terrorists struck the shopping mall nearby, knocking out - amongst other vital services - KFC - and amidst all of this bandits entered my home brandishing guns and intent on pillaging everything I owned, and I could only get out by jumping from the window - which is on the ninth floor - and needed to therefore tie a bed sheet to my ass in the vein hopes that it would serve as a parachute I would take....

My inflatable Lyn Minmey Sex Doll of course.

VFTF1

... 2 years ago, my family's rented house catched fire. Back then I had this extreme liking for the two Gundam Astrays, Blue and Red(the only ones I like outta the SEED franchise) just because of it's Virtual-On-ish looks. They were downstairs tucked somewhere under the staircase, near a book case. I was out for prayers and a few things when I got a call from my bro that the house was on fire.

The moment my aching legs got there, I was relieved my mom and nephew survived(the only ones there). My Astrays, however, were melted beyond recognition(fire didn't completely reach downstairs, but near enough). I was freakin' glad my mom and nephew survived, but was extremely upset that I lost half my portfolio and art equipment. The whole 2nd floor was completely destroyed due to short-circuitry in one of the fans in the master bedroom. And I end it here because I don't want to talk anymore about it.

Seriously though, my family members and important documents will be the first ones to be saved if I just come back after prayers and not do anything else. But on topic, I'd probably save my 1/60 YF-19, PS2 and Revoltechs. ONLY if I still have time to. Lives first!

Oh and me S.H.E. Complete Transformation Getter Robo. It is amazing, but the joints get real loose during transformation. Luckily S.H.E. was smart enough to provide a small screw driver and make all the screws accessible so that you can tighten all the joints as you go. More companies should be like that.

too hard to pick just one.

i cherish all my toys and my comic collection.

Same here, I love 'em all. Maybe, just maybe my DYRL Hikaru VF-1S with Strike parts is a little above the rest, but barely.

1/48 VF-1J in a heart beat. Waited almost two decades to get one.

Oh and me S.H.E. Complete Transformation Getter Robo. It is amazing, but the joints get real loose during transformation. Luckily S.H.E. was smart enough to provide a small screw driver and make all the screws accessible so that you can tighten all the joints as you go. More companies should be like that.

I found a stop motion video some years ago showing the complete transformation from Getter 1 all through Getter 3... the complexity of the S.H.E. Getter is just amazing!!

The nightmare senario that we all dont want to experience.

Most of my really rare stuff is in crates packed in the attic so I`d likely loose all that. but my orginal 1/55 Jetfire in all it`s yellow ness and my eariler one thats minty white would have to come. The rest of the stuff although I really love it can be replaced over time as its all still quite common and on evilBay regularly. the only real thing would be the HD in my office pc as it has pictures etc of my collection and would be handy for insurance purposes. Lucky for me its in a Sata quick release caddy.

House up the road fom me got toasted by Lightning a couple of years ago they only made it out with night clothes and the pets everything else was destroyed, by the fire and fire brigade. Luckly we didnt get anydamage as the UPS and House Surge protection stopped all the electricals going bang. Our neighbors got an new tv and computer out of it.

Hmmm. Never really thought about which toy I value the most. In a crisis there are books I would rescue long before I thought about toys. But in terms of which one toy I would rescue then it would have to be my Gakken Legioss - I spent a good decade looking for one before I finally got it, it is one of my favourite mecha designs and I know I would have little chance of replacing it. If we are talking strictly about Macross toys then it would almost certainly be my 1/48th Strike Roy-1S - the first 1/48th I got and the nominal CAG-bird for my collection.

But as I said - I'd think about books long before I thought of toys anyway.

Karl

1/48 VF-1J in a heart beat. Waited almost two decades to get one.

I found a stop motion video some years ago showing the complete transformation from Getter 1 all through Getter 3... the complexity of the S.H.E. Getter is just amazing!!

yes it is, unfortunately they make you pay out the ass for it. Thank god for deployments lol.