1/6 scale Hot Toys Appleseed Figures

EXO

I received my HT appleseed figures today: christmas before time. ^_^

awesome01qj0.th.jpg

appleseed02ku0.th.jpg

appleseed03vz4.th.jpg

appleseed04xr9.th.jpg

appleseed01hh1.th.jpg

HT at their best. The figures are incredible, perfect even into the smallest details.

Gorgeous and highly recommanded: it's worth every dollar it cost.

PS: the Balrog bust is freaking huge: they don't call them legendary bust lightly. :lol:

Edited by CAIN MKII

I feel sorry for you, missing parts always sucks. :angry:

I must be lucky, Deunan and Bri are my 9th and 10th figures from HT and I never had any problem so far. ^_^

I alway bought them from sideshow so maybe they double checked them before shipping? :ph34r:

Edited by CAIN MKII

• 1 month later...

Well look what I found: http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=57&pid=362

Product code: SK080407

In-stock:COMING SOON

Exclusive:--

This SNAP KITS series features below listed five (5) E.S.W.A.T Snap Kits, each stands approximately 10-12 cm tall with 20 points of articulation

* E.S.W.A.T. Deunan Knute

* E.S.W.A.T. Briareos Hechatonchires

* E.S.W.A.T. Tereus

* E.S.W.A.T. Manuel Aeacus

* E.S.W.A.T. Rhoetus

AND

* Approximately 18 cm tall fully poseable LANDMATE (32 points of articulation)

## Each closed box comes with one of the above listed E.S.W.A.T Snap Kits as well as parts of LANDMATE

## A completed LandMate and all ESWAT team members are guaranteed in each display box

## Simple assembly required.

{Release date: Q3, 2008}

To quote 'Beast Wars' Megatron: Excellent, Yesss....

B))

HT landmate looked nice until I found this:

2301824898a91a682d11onu1.th.jpg

230182446245bc300312oqu9.th.jpg

Guges-D figures from the last WF 2008. Just awesome.

This is the one I want now because I like the design from the manga better than the one from ex machina movie. ^_^

Edited by CAIN MKII

^_^ Precisely Indigo.

Your very first photo shows one of my favourite landmate, the one from the first appleseed volume.

It's incredible! Can you tell me more about it?

HT landmate looked nice until I found this:

2301824898a91a682d11onu1.th.jpg

230182446245bc300312oqu9.th.jpg

Guges-D figures from the last WF 2008. Just awesome.

This is the one I want now because I like the design from the manga better than the one from ex machina movie. ^_^

Yes. This is my favorite look, though I wish is was made by Hot Toys a la power loader. Doesn't have to be 1/6th.... maybe 1/12, but the figure has to sit inside

^_^ Precisely Indigo.

Your very first photo shows one of my favourite landmate, the one from the first appleseed volume.

It's incredible! Can you tell me more about it?

It's a massive B-Club kit from the early 90's. The body & the legs are one piece. About 24 cm high. There's even a Deunan bust underneath the hatch, but it's a really bad sculpt. The kit is impressive, but it needs some nice paint effects, else it will look boring with all those plain surfaces.

It's a massive B-Club kit from the early 90's. The body & the legs are one piece. About 24 cm high. There's even a Deunan bust underneath the hatch, but it's a really bad sculpt. The kit is impressive, but it needs some nice paint effects, else it will look boring with all those plain surfaces.

post-917-1209965986_thumb.jpg

I would pay soo much for this kit. By far my favorite version of the landmate. All the later ones had huge thighs and small feet. I've only seen it for sale once and it was sold a week before I inquired about it. I'm selling my rare Briareos kit on ebay right now, but i would never part with that landmate kit if I ever get a hold of it.

post-917-1209965970_thumb.jpg

Edited by physioguy

I would pay soo much for this kit. By far my favorite version of the landmate. All the later ones had huge thighs and small feet. I've only seen it for sale once and it was sold a week before I inquired about it. I'm selling my rare Briareos kit on ebay right now, but i would never part with that landmate kit if I ever get a hold of it.

You wouldn't have any pics of the back of that Briareos kit would you?

Not that I could possibly afford it, I'm just curious. :)

• 2 weeks later...
You wouldn't have any pics of the back of that Briareos kit would you?

Not that I could possibly afford it, I'm just curious. :)

post-917-1210740672_thumb.jpg

sorry for the delay.

I dropped the starting bid, so maybe you can afford it now. I really didn't want to sell it, but I have to make money and room for the new 1/60 scale VF-1's and destroid(s) and Macross Fronteir toys.

post-917-1210740672_thumb.jpg

sorry for the delay.

I dropped the starting bid, so maybe you can afford it now. I really didn't want to sell it, but I have to make money and room for the new 1/60 scale VF-1's and destroid(s) and Macross Fronteir toys.

Cool, thanks for that. :)

oh wow, how many different ones are there? 1/6, 1/20, and 1/10? Sheesh, why so many?

The 1/6 scale for all the ballers out there. <--- HT's version are truly Bad AZZZZZZZZZZ when compared to Takara's overly expensive but still cool Cy Girl Deunan.

HT's is hands down the bargain of the two in terms of sculpt, quality and price.

The 1/10 posables are for folks who just collects the key figures and looks incredible in the photos. Like mini HT's versions but molded in ABS.

And the smaller scale 1/20 for guys who has "collect em all" or army building syndrome.

I just wish the 1/20 were 1/18 scale instead for scaling / diorama reasons with RAH: GI Joes. I might pickup a set just to have that landmate! Anybody want figures alone? ;)

Looking at the 1/20 figures - they appear to be listed on HLJ as trading kits, and "Snap-Kit" - I'm assuming that they're pre-painted, but also assuming the only way to get them is by buying a whole box set, yes?

The "model kits" are basically unassembled figures!

Fully prepainted? yes

"Snap in" limbs? yes

Fully posable? yes, as posable as or more than RAH:GI Joes

Sculpts? Pictures looks "really good" for 1/20 scale

I have the Aliens Snap figure set from HT. Sculpts look really good, a tad more realistic than the Joes. ~ RAH:Gi Joe size, pop in the arms at the shoulders, and legs at the "thighs", walla, instant painted action figure! I expect the same if not better quality.

You can buy these as a random trading figure in single small sealed box, or as a fully boxed set with a few duplicates but you're guranteed the landmate. I bet the landmate may be seperate pieces packed into each box as it is too easy to pull out the "landmate" box since it is so much bigger.

Best to buy the boxset to gurantee a landmate. You can customize or trade out the extras.

I might head over to the HT shop tomorrow and drop a deposit now... :)

Edited by Neova

The "model kits" are basically unassembled figures!

Fully prepainted? yes

"Snap in" limbs? yes

Fully posable? yes, as posable as or more than RAH:GI Joes

Sculpts? Pictures looks "really good" for 1/20 scale

I have the Aliens Snap figure set from HT. Sculpts look really good, a tad more realistic than the Joes. ~ RAH:Gi Joe size, pop in the arms at the shoulders, and legs at the "thighs", walla, instant painted action figure! I expect the same if not better quality.

You can buy these as a random trading figure in single small sealed box, or as a fully boxed set with a few duplicates but you're guranteed the landmate. I bet the landmate may be seperate pieces packed into each box as it is too easy to pull out the "landmate" box since it is so much bigger.

Best to buy the boxset to gurantee a landmate. You can customize or trade out the extras.

I might head over to the HT shop tomorrow and drop a deposit now... :)

Thanks for the information!

HT's is hands down the bargain of the two in terms of sculpt, quality and price.

"Bargain" is a stretch. I felt like I'd been violated by an offensive lineman when I saw the bill for both of mine. <_<

I can vouch that they're absolutely breathtaking, though. All the cool little bells and whistles are there. You can just sit and stare at them for hours like a lava lamp ...

"Bargain" is a stretch. I felt like I'd been violated by an offensive lineman when I saw the bill for both of mine. <_<

When comparing Takara's and HT's Deunan's then HT's is definately the bargain.

I did say the 1/6 scales are for the "ballers" out there but HT's is worth every pennie I paid for. The pair looks so much better than Medicom's Solid Snake which cost a lot more!

I wish HT had the Metal Gear license then we can see some kick AZZZZZ and proper 1/6 figures from that series.

• 1 month later...

Oh geez, I wish I had never found this thread. :(

So to those who own those hot toys 1/6 figures:

if you could only get one who would you choose? Deunan or Briareos? If only they were on sale...:(

And do you think wave's figures are worth getting? They look pretty good in the pics they have of them so far.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Oh geez, I wish I had never found this thread. :(

So to those who own those hot toys 1/6 figures:

if you could only get one who would you choose? Deunan or Briareos? If only they were on sale...:(

And do you think wave's figures are worth getting? They look pretty good in the pics they have of them so far.

The WAVE figures haven't been released yet so it's hard to compare them.

Hot Toys are apparently re-releasing the 1/6 scale Deunan and Briareos in October.

• 1 month later...