1/6 scale Hot Toys Appleseed Figures

EXO

You mean Takara instead of Yamato??.

I think if you have to pre-order, get the Hot Toy one. History shows that Takara's Cool Girls always have a good flow of stock, meaning you might be a ble to pick up good bargin after the initial excitement.

There are two 1/6 versions being released at about the same time of Deunan. The 'Hot Toys" has the sculpted hair, the 'Yamato Cool Girl' version has the synthetic/real hair.

Thanks for the pic EXO

Edited by Mowe

Damn, those look nice.

Good thing I promised myself I would never get any "man dolls" no matter how much they looked like a mech.

Now lets hope I don't talk myself out of that promise cause these are tempting. *SLAP!* Be strong Dante, don't do it you hear me?!

Yeah, I used to suffer from MDP. Thankfully we're feeling much better now.

Well, then, the answer is simple. Get Deunan since she's a "woman" doll. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I stumbled on the Takara version just last week and I am contemplating on getting one of these figures. I really like body armors and such. Takara will have removable armor for Deunan and with the CG body (and of course the real hair).

No mention of Briareos from Takara. Hot Toys on the other hand will have Briareos; he'll be around 14" tall. Duenan by Hot Toys will have removable armor, but they're shaped plastic, no cloth...but the head looks closer to anime than the Takara.

I found a seller on eBay for $133, but with $55 USD S/H to USA, damn!

If you're interested on the Hot Toys version, http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/ offers them at a decent price.

I'm gonna open up one a Takara Kerberos Kohakumaru Chuichi female version to check out its posability.

Here are some pics comparing Deunan Hot Toys vs Takara (Rights to Hot Toys, Takara, ToysREvil.net...some of the photos have been posted early by EXO & Dante74):

post-2303-1199641048_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641068_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641095_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641102_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641109_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641116_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641125_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641137_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641167_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641180_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641188_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641197_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641208_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641217_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641228_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641235_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641242_thumb.jpg

post-2303-1199641254_thumb.jpg

I like the fact that all the straps on the takara version are real, as opposed to molded, like on the hot toys version. I find that odd as I would have expected it the other way around. Takara having molded on detail, and hot toys with all the real straps. Just look at the aliens marines they made to get what I mean. Good thing I don't like appleseed that much, and I don't but character figures unless I actually like the anime. For those who collect toys and loved this anime, my condolences, I think I just heard your wallet commit suicide.

The only thing the Hot Toys version has going for it is the anime style head and animesque body. The articulation looks limited and details like molded buckles, belts, etc. are cheap compared to the Takara version which has the removable armor, working belts, etc.

You also get a full body suit underneath with the Takara version. The Hot Toys version has pieces that come off and not much of a real body or suit under all the armor.

I also like rooted hair more than molded hair. Looks more realistic, which is what the Takara version is aiming for. So if you want anime accurate with some drawbacks, feel free to pick the Hot Toys versoin. As far as being a fan of Appleseed, I'm more a fan of the Takara CG line than anything else. BTW, my wallet's fine. All you need is self control.

Great photos, EXO.

I just mentioned to my wife about these new figures, and she gave me a frown followed with the, "uh okaaay?"

So I dropped it, and I'll bring it up to her again later on. LOL.

Ah geeez, these figures look really dope. I have my sight on the Takara Deunan and Hot Toys Briarios.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/show...0935#post670935

OK, I've communicated with Hot Toys and basically here is their response regarding the issues originally stated in the ToysDaily.com forums and HERE in the OSW.com forums...

The original thread at ToysDaily.com (above) reads something like this:

"I bought the Appleseed Hot Toys kits from Guangzhou China, but found the body suits started to tear/peel after 30 minutes of play. I went back to the store in Guangzhou China and exchanged them for a new set of figures after the photos were taken. 3 of my friends also had this problem as well."

After having seen the forums threads on ToysDaily.com and here at OSW (yes, they're watching ), they followed up with the stores and distributors mentioned in the ToysDaily thread to investigate the supposed problems and return of the Appleseed figures by this forums member. Hot Toys spoke with the distributors and stores in Guangzhou China and none have reported any complaints about the Appleseed figures. Hot Toys also followed up with the staff at the stores and they said there were no complaints either.

Considering there is only one person reporting this problem and numerous others stating they have had no such problems with their Appleseed figure kits on the same forums, the initial assessment is the figures were handled inappropriately.

Hot Toys wanted me to make sure I made 3 points clear:

1) As of now, Hot Toys has received no complaints on the Appleseed kits from any customers or foreign dealers.

2) If a numbers of complaints are found and filed, Hot Toys will look into the problem and will take responsibility, arranging replacements for customers.

3) So far, this is an isolated incident with one person from ToysDaily.com complaining about it while numerous others on the same forums say they've had no problems and the figures are fine.

Hot Toys remains the professional manufacture and is investigating the issue.

I personally will be reviewing the Appleseed figures within the next few weeks and I'll be sure to post here about my own findings as soon as I can. Personally, I don't see a reason to cancel orders until the problem proves to be more than an isolated incident, especially if Hot Toys says they'll replace anyone's figure that has a problem...if one even exists...

More as I get it - thanks -

Jess

• 2 weeks later...

My shipment have been deferred to March, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

any update on the deteriorating rubber issue? I am 99% about to buy these guys but don't want to spend 300 for a defective product..

Sideshow emailed me. My Deunan and Briareos should be shipped in 20 days. I can't wait for it.

Geez, this knife is pretty big anyway. Musn't be very practical in CQC.

Edited by CAIN MKII

• 4 weeks later...

one word of warning on Deunan, the peg that holds the short sword to her belt is extremly small, and broke as soon 5 mins after getting it =-(

one word of warning on Deunan, the peg that holds the short sword to her belt is extremly small, and broke as soon 5 mins after getting it =-(

Sam... which toy are you talking about, the hot toys or these 1/10 scale ones? Cuz they're not out until June.

the hot toys one. got it from a nice guy on ebay, sunny studios? or something, and yeh, as soon as i was rigging her up and tried attaching it, BAM, snapped off like a twig.

other than that though, they are mighty fine looking figures , Briaros' gun is a bit heavy to hold properly, but very well done nonetheless.

I followed the link for those other ones, and is it just me or does it kinda look like a knock off, when u view the head of D' from up close, seems like a bad recast or something?

Sam, did you have difficulty getting Deunan to hold the riffle properly? My Deunan's hand barely able to hold the riffle in any position. Also, Deunan's forearm armors come off very easily on mine but with a bit of double side tape, that was an easy fix. Still very annoying to see an almost perfect (expensive) toy faulted with minor fundamental flaws.

Apart from the above two minor problems, she is an awesome figure. Briaros seems to have fixed the above two problems, but as Sam said, Briaros's main gun is a little too heavy and big for it to stay in some poses. Briaros side-arm holders on his thigh do not hold the machine guns that well either. I also didn't like the ankle joint mechanism, too loose in my opinion. Again, minor flaws that should have been detected during design stage.

On the bright note, I love the weight of these 2 figures. They are significantly heavier than Takara's or RAH's typical 1/6 figure. The gummy quality of the rubber suits have a very nice feel to them, too. My only concern is, if I bent the elbow for an extensive amount of time, will this type of soft rubber glues to each other...(scary to think it would...).

I think Deunan's face got prettier from the earlier promo pics. Some people think her face is not anime accurate enough but I don't see that as a fault because the movie Deunan dosen't look like Shiro's Deunan anyway.

the hot toys one. got it from a nice guy on ebay, sunny studios? or something, and yeh, as soon as i was rigging her up and tried attaching it, BAM, snapped off like a twig.

other than that though, they are mighty fine looking figures , Briaros' gun is a bit heavy to hold properly, but very well done nonetheless.

I followed the link for those other ones, and is it just me or does it kinda look like a knock off, when u view the head of D' from up close, seems like a bad recast or something?

Edited by Mowe

yeh, figured it was just me though heh.

They are a good weight, I do hope the suit holds up over time ok, i have heard of the paint coming off if u leave teh elbows in curl position, so trying to leave poses that have arms more extended than not to avoid..

very pretty face on her, and the sheen on B is very nice