58 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you have been booted off or censored on RT.com

• Booted once
    • Booted multiple times
    • Censored for talking about macross
    • Censored heavily for macross related topics
    • Never been on that lousy site
    • Booted and never will return to that lousy HG site

I'm just curious. I know that many of us started out there until we found out the truth behind Robotech. Personally I was booted about 3 times for remarks about the Volume 1 MPC. Haven't been on the site since about the time vol 1 MPC came out and I got totally ripped off. So what do you all think about the site and the majority of people there.

Reason I ask is because of the trouble RT Purist has caused recently.

Please just comment and don't start a war.

j

Never bothered to try that forum, nor do I plan to.

I was there a long time ago. As in, back when the Toynami stuff was only recently announced, and Yamato had just gotten their first prototype pics out.

I remained civil, they remained civil, the only person that wasn't civil was a troll.

Left shortly after Macek claimed that Macross was broken, he fixed it, and later Macross serieses were more Robotech sequels than Macross sequels. I LOVED that interview.

Of course, the actual reason I left was the forum was too damn busy. You had to idle there 24/7 to keep track of a conversation.

I checked recently, and my account was apparently deleted for inactivity.

I give this poll "not long" to live (it serves no real purpose) but I'll respond anyhow...

I've had no less than THREE handles bounced from there and I maintain a silent presence with my fourth.

Like they say.... keep your friends close and your enemies closer ;)

Like I said before, I've posted some scathing reviews on the MPC, but I've always kept it objective and also mentioned the (few) good things the MPC has going for it. I mean, those are some pretty sweet landing gears! As for the differences betweeen Macross and Robotech, I've always kept it civil. I can empathize with the newbies on there. After all, it's not like I was born knowing the differences between Macross and Robotech. Someone had to tell me. ;)

I just lurk at RT.Com. Not much worthwhile discussion seems to go on, and I don't like the terms of use overly much. Mostly I just hope to see something new over there like on RT04 (or as someone over there dubbed it Robotech-Believe It When I See It).

Plus I don't think its worth bragging about to have been booted. There's been enough trouble from both sides of the fandom (excepting of course people who have been booted for their sometimes ridiculous TOU), which typically only causes headaches for Shawn.

That's funny! But I've been crossing the line. Especially for the image of Millia I had as my fan pic. B) And on top of that, I had RPGers come after me! <_< And I've flamed some RPGers, man they waste better used space on the forums! :angry: I'm too liberal! Or could it be radical? It don't matter! :lol:

Never been bumped once. My plan is to rise up in the ranks to admiral, take over HG, and sell them to Big West!....is it any more silly than how HG's tred to take over the macross license? ;):blink:

First time - Account got silenced because I bashed someone who said Macross Plus should be part of Robotech.

Second time - Got banned because I bashed Toynami for failing to supply Macross Super-Poseable buyers with gun pods.

I still lurk around RT.com once in a while, but the atmosphere is just as bad. I try to keep my sanity at time when I see posts like this:

"So! remember kids!" by TheTexasMarker (October 16, 2003 - 10:50:53 AM)

next time you buy anime! make it USA 100% american made anime, like robotech! (down with macross!)

not your in breeding, cat costume wearing, lesbian loving, kareoki singing, kid show hooters, whinning main character type of anime!

and before you go out looking for hentai on the net, remember, Maztrbation is not a sin unless you using cartoons or hentai

AnimeNation is no better with the Robotech/Macross section on their forums:

"Robotech subbed?" by Blades_of_Fate (10.01.2003 06:25 PM)

Is it true there putting out all of Robotech uncut and in Japanese? If so when will it be out? Or have they already done this?

Edited by areaseven

I was there a long time ago. As in, back when the Toynami stuff was only recently announced, and Yamato had just gotten their first prototype pics out.

I remained civil, they remained civil, the only person that wasn't civil was a troll.

Left shortly after Macek claimed that Macross was broken, he fixed it, and later Macross serieses were more Robotech sequels than Macross sequels. I LOVED that interview.

Of course, the actual reason I left was the forum was too damn busy. You had to idle there 24/7 to keep track of a conversation.

Did Macek really told in the interview that Macross was broken and he fixed it?

I was there a long time ago.  As in, back when the Toynami stuff was only recently announced, and Yamato had just gotten their first prototype pics out.

Left shortly after Macek claimed that Macross was broken, he fixed it, and later Macross serieses were more Robotech sequels than Macross sequels.  I LOVED that interview.

Did Macek really told in the interview that Macross was broken and he fixed it?

Something to that effect.

As many people are actually rather reasonable over there, this started at least one thread about how he was way out of line.

Which was eventually locked after a few warnings for becoming little more than Macek-bashing, which was against the terms of use(Not Macek specifically, but launching personal attacks against people in general wasn't allowed).

Never been bumped once. My plan is to rise up in the ranks to admiral, take over HG, and sell them to Big West!....is it any more silly than how HG's tred to take over the macross license? ;):blink:

HEY! Stop stealing my plan!

Well, okay, my plain involves more helping Mospeada and signifcantly less macross/big west, but basically the same seed idea :)

Cyc

I was booted cuz I wasn't cool enough too hang with the HG brainwashed crowd. B) For something I didn't even say to boot.

At the same time, this @$$hole named VAF-SF7 got demoted from Commander rank for calling me a jerk when I warned a newbie not to double-post. He eventually disappeared off the face of the Earth. 

Oh, no, no no, no, NOOOOO. That's not why he got demoted and he was around at the old Battlefield board bashing Lebhead. I'll tell you all about it via PM. :)

Edited by Jemstone

I was "censored heavily" several times for posting quotes and links to an interview in which Carl Macek denounced Harmony Gold and his work on Robotech. There reason they stated was that I was making "personal attacks", against whom I do not know. I assume I still have an membership on the boards there, but I don't bother anymore.