Macross CMS Figures

rnurmin

Hi all,

I am trying to find more information about Macross CMS Figures. I believe CMS has released 4 lines so far. I want to find details of each release (along with their rarity, some price estimates if possible). I didn't start following these figures until the 3rd release (with the rare Max Pilot figure).

Would any of you have some info to share?

I recall seeing a thread discussing this a while back, but I couldn't find it even using the search function in this thread.

Thanks for the help in advance =)

Series one had:

Hikaru DYRL pilot, saluting

Minmay DYRL, DYRL song costume reaching out

Mao Nome, lifting/holding down her dress

Mylene Jenius, with guitar

Ishtar, all floaty in the air like

Secret: Minmay doll

Convention Exclusive:

DYRL Minmay final concert dress, clenching hand into fist

DYRL greenish DYRL pilot suit Hikaru, no alternate hairpiece

Series 2:

Roy Focker DYRL pilot

Basara Nekki, with guitar

Sara Nome, in stupid pose, figure leans too much

Minmay at desk with doll

Misa Hayase DYRL

Secret: Hikaru cut-away cockpit

series 3:

Isamu Dyson, flying the 19 with hand pose (no helmet)

Max Jenius DYRL zentran pilot outfit, non-removeable helmet

Flower Girl

Shammy, with chair

Minmay DYRL, first concert dress

Cut-away Roy Focker cockpit

Secret: Max Jenius DYRL pilot, removeable helmet, alternate bangs with glasses, rarer than the other secrets

Minmay collection:

Reissue Minmay DYRL DYRL song dress, reaching out (not sure if touched up at all)

reissued alternate color Minmay Doll

reissued touched-up Minmay at desk

reissued resculpted Minmay DYRL first concert dress

Minmay in red dress with red beret

Sculpture picture of Minmay and Hikaru

Secret: Glow in the dark dress of first DYRL concert Minmay

I've picked up allot of CM's figs since living in Japan. Here is Sumdumgai's list will a few additions.

Series one had:

Hikaru DYRL pilot, saluting

Minmay DYRL, DYRL song costume reaching out

Mao Nome, lifting/holding down her dress

Mylene Jenius, with guitar

Ishtar, all floaty in the air like

Secret: Minmay doll

There is a matching clear hair figure for each Part 1 figure except the Minmay doll secret .

Variants: Mao Nome winking both in solid and clear hair.

Convention Exclusive:

DYRL Minmay final concert dress, clenching hand into fist

DYRL greenish DYRL pilot suit Hikaru, no alternate hairpiece

Series 2:

Roy Focker DYRL pilot

Basara Nekki, with guitar

Sara Nome, in stupid pose, figure leans too much

Minmay at desk with doll

Misa Hayase DYRL

Secret: Hikaru cut-away cockpit

There is a matching clear hair figure for each Part 2 figure except the Minmay at desk with doll, and cockpit secret.

Variants: Minmay at desk with doll solid dark blue hair would be removed from box in place of the secret so it is more rare than the Minmay at desk with doll light blue and white solid hair.

series 3:

Isamu Dyson, flying the 19 with hand pose (no helmet)

Max Jenius DYRL zentran pilot outfit, non-removeable helmet

Flower Girl

Shammy, with chair

Minmay DYRL, first concert dress

Cut-away Roy Focker cockpit

Secret: Max Jenius DYRL pilot, removeable helmet, alternate bangs with glasses, rarer than the other secrets

Max Jenius DYRL zentran pilot would be removed from box in place of the secret, collectors didn't really like the figure but it is now becoming rare and price is going up.

Variants: CM's stopped producing clear hair version with the release of series 3 but there is a Minmay DYRL, first concert dress with clear hair not many were produced a rare find.

Minmay collection:

Reissue Minmay DYRL DYRL song dress, reaching out (all reissued Minmay figures except the doll have new sculpted heads)

reissued alternate color Minmay Doll

reissued touched-up Minmay at desk

reissued resculpted Minmay DYRL first concert dress

Minmay in red dress with yellow beret

Sculpture picture of Minmay and Hikaru

Secret: Glow in the dark dress of first DYRL concert Minmay

Almost forgot!

Mira 639 Figure set:

Mira Zentran pilot

Mire Zentran pilot for use with Yamato 1/60 QUEADLUUN-RAU

Mira Zentran Wedding Dress

Edited by SaveRobotech

I want to find details of each release (along with their rarity, some price estimates if possible).

It depends on your locale. I remember talking to Baraiburu Faita over a year ago and he said that Hikaru, who went for $50+ in the US, could be found for about $10 in Japan back then. Conversely, the numerous Minmay figures that weren't worth much in the US all sold for a pretty penny in Japan.

how can i identify the minmay glow in the dark just by looking at pictures?

does it look the same as the minmay first concert dress figure that came with the minmay collection release (not the series 3 which i understand has her in ponytails and saluting)? or are there slight differences?

dumb question, but just to be sure: does this mean the the minmay collection (set of 6) should have 7 pieces? the 7th being the secret glow in the dark?

thanks

Thanks for the add-ons SaveRobotech! :) I knew I forgot something.

The Minmay glow in the dark secret Minmay figure from the Minmay collection looks a little bit different than the normal version in that set, in that the paint is a bit different. I saw it in person once, and the difference in color isn't really large in the light. She has the same sculpt as the Minmay in DYRL first concert dress in the Minmay collection: Long free hair, "softer" looking skin, hands down, and a softer expression on her face than the series 3 figure.

Correct, the Minmay collection has 6 normal figures, and a 7th secret figure.

If you're looking for series 3 figures, and you live in the US, check out tmpanime.com (twin moons). Tam had some individual figures still available for sale. It probably won't be worth it if you live out of the US, due to shipping (stupid USPS and no more international cheap shipping), unless you absolutely can't find those figures elsewhere.

Sumdumgai, SaveRobotech: Wow, thank you for all the information. I knew some of the information, but I didn't expect that version 1 has a lot of variations. Now I need to figure out how to collect the ones that I don't have =/

I heard that there are also some bootlegs being released for version 1. Is that correct?

That is correct there were bootlegs released for version 1. Kawaii Anime over by Pasadena City College has a set of bootleg series 1 figures. They are easily spotted as bootlegs, as the bootleg process made the sculpt suck and the paint application is terrible. I don't know how to tell the difference between the boxes as I have not seen the bootleg versions boxed.

That is correct there were bootlegs released for version 1. Kawaii Anime over by Pasadena City College has a set of bootleg series 1 figures. They are easily spotted as bootlegs, as the bootleg process made the sculpt suck and the paint application is terrible. I don't know how to tell the difference between the boxes as I have not seen the bootleg versions boxed.

the Bootleg boxes of course don't have the big west sticker on it, and the figures on the inside come in clear bags instead of black bags.

thanks for all the pointers.

does anyone know if the minmay dress glows green (like the usual glow in the dark stuff) or white (like in DYRL)?

It glows green, the non glow in the dark minmay top is a light pink, and the glow in the dark chase figure is all white.

Is Max Jenius DYRL pilot expensive ? That's the only one I want ^^

I see them on ebay for about $80 to $90 buy now, there is place in Akihabara that has a few in US dollars they are about $65.00 with out boxes.

I just noticed these ebay auctions for the glow in the dark Minmei Item number: 140171426682 and the DYRL Max flight suit Item number: 140171949700. I would love to get the max but it is so expensive! Too bad they did not just make those available and Hikaru.