Which Macross Plus Pilot do you like better?

Roy's Blues

Macross Plus pilots  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like?

• Isamu
    • Guld

I like Isamu, he has many skills, luck is just one of them.

This is why I like him so much too. :lol: Despite the fact that he is an indisciplined and arrogant piece of poo, I admire his determination to get things done. Also, Isamu seems more passionate about flying than Guld was.

• 2 weeks later...
I like Isamu, he has many skills, luck is just one of them.

Ya know, I was just thinking about this....

Isamu's luck REALLY presses the bounds of plausibility.

He steals a military prototype(a pair of prototypes if you count the fold booster) with the intent of disrupting a major public celebration and destroying another military prototype, placing civilians, high-level politicians, and high-level military officials at risk in the process...

And comes out of it a hero because there just HAPPENED to be an insane computer brainwashing the planet at the time.

Luck isn't one of his many skills, it's his primary skill.

I think Isamu was the better pilot because he did not succumb to his anger during the test flights like Guld did. Sure Guld didn't know for sure that his 21 would push Isamu's VF-11B to the ground but he sure as hell felt tempted to do so. Isamu seemed to keep his cool more often. Its obvious Isamu didn't feel the impulse to rescue Guld, but despite their past, he did so anyways. He could have just let Guld's 21 crash. Its a close match but I think Isamu was the better pilot. Nonetheless both are great pilots, and Guld's sacrificial scene slamming into the X-9 was AWESOME.

I think Isamu was the better pilot because he did not succumb to his anger during the test flights like Guld did.

Ummm, who was it that was kicking a downed YF-21 in the "gut" over and over again, after bashing it in the head with a gunpod?

Or is the argument just that Isamu was so crazy he'd do that even without the personal rage?

Neither one of them was what I'd consider mentally stable.