Street Fighter 4

Does the head come off easily? Ken/Ryu swaps would make "instant repaints for free" if you owned several figs. :)

Ken's head is on there pretty good. It still feels like a ball joint, but I like the figure so I've used as much force on it as I'm willing to :p

This may be a stupid question or two, but is there any way to "force" the game to play a character's music? I never heard Ryu's theme until last night--and I've had the game a week! It seems that when you fight a character in "their" stage you get their music instead of the stage's "generic" music---well with all the characters and stages, I figure it might be months before I hear them all at this rate. It just seems stupid to make "the really good songs" occur so rarely and randomly. And no music test in the options sucks too. (I noticed that one of the time/survival trials seemed to intentionally match up characters/stages, but ironically they were all the ones I'd already managed to hear except for one)

Related note: anyone got a list of whose stage is who's? Some are fairly easy to assume, but some I don't have a clue.

This may be a stupid question or two, but is there any way to "force" the game to play a character's music? I never heard Ryu's theme until last night--and I've had the game a week! It seems that when you fight a character in "their" stage you get their music instead of the stage's "generic" music---well with all the characters and stages, I figure it might be months before I hear them all at this rate. It just seems stupid to make "the really good songs" occur so rarely and randomly. And no music test in the options sucks too. (I noticed that one of the time/survival trials seemed to intentionally match up characters/stages, but ironically they were all the ones I'd already managed to hear except for one)

Related note: anyone got a list of whose stage is who's? Some are fairly easy to assume, but some I don't have a clue.

It's not really tied to the stage(though I guess you could say it is in a way)...it's the Rival battle music you will hear. If you fight Ryu as your rival, you get Ryu's music during the fight. If Cammy or Rose is your rival, you will hear their music during the fight. Obviously, only certain people are the rivals for certain people though. The only way to get the music whenever you wanted would be the custom soundtrack option and use the Rival themes. Another reason for getting the soundtrack to the game. The Collector's Edition CD soundtrack also featured all the rival themes (the remix of the some of the characters and the specific 4 new people's themes). I ordered the full 2 CD soundtrack though anyways. The music is just too good here.

Cammy's and Rose's remix Rival themes are awesome, and Viper's theme music is epic.

Most of the stages aren't tied to any one character. Capcom mentioned this awhile back when they were originally going to do one for everyone, but it came down to quality over quantity. Time also probably played a huge factor.

Edited by Gaijin

That doesn't quite match up with my experience---yes, rival theme occurs when fighting rival in arcade mode. But there's also times when I get "the theme" but that character isn't my rival--but it is "their" stage. I'm going to try to experiment more and pin it down.

That doesn't quite match up with my experience---yes, rival theme occurs when fighting rival in arcade mode. But there's also times when I get "the theme" but that character isn't my rival--but it is "their" stage. I'm going to try to experiment more and pin it down.

In arcade mode?

I'll admit that's how I play the computer too. I have better things to do than spend 10 more hours trying to unlock more colors with Rose, than simply blowing through CPU opponents with simple shoryuken-based combos. (I have color 8 and 10, 7 is giving me issues--the CPU just instantly JUMPS up in how smart it is around round 5----it's like a semi-turtle, and plays very much like the DOA CPU does---it never goes on the offense, it only ever "does the perfect reactionary counter to your move"--I think I'll try Chun or Cammy and rely on speed instead of a shoryuken's invincibility frames)

But I so far have never used Ken online, and if I ever do it'll be "different".

Well, i been playing SF4 for a few days and though it is fun and addicting, i find losing matches via multi player annoying. I am at that point where i lose 150 battlepoints if i lose but only get 15 battlepoints for winning. So i am at that point where im scared to play online against someone, lol. I gotta win 10 games to make up one loss : ( , but ill be out their if anyone wants to take my points (USMCBattlemaster, add me if u can please) i have no friends since i only got my xbox360 for this alone.

i don't own a PS3 but i went over to a friends and played it this weekend. it wasn't anything special but its SF so its pretty fun.

anyway, SF4 got me hyped so i blew the dust off the SF anthology and been playing that on PS2 for the past couple of days.

yeah thats right, i said PS2! i'm always a console behind, everything is cheaper that way. :D

Barely got my collector's edition a couple days ago, but I've been playing some SF4 during my snowboarding trip before that. And my god I feel like a child again with this game. This game is chock full of good times to be had.

Also, this game demands a Hori arcade stick, the PS2/PS3 controller barely falls short in terms of usefulness/completeness. Damn my cousins and friends for spoiling me, I can't bring myself to buy $100+ stick. :(

Also, I expected more fight from the anime...

And Chun-Li trial 4-3 seems impossible. Can do heavy punch cancelled into s.bird kick a hundred times in a row, but after a fully charged focus attack? No way. (and I'm not the only one--it was one of the first topics I found at Gamefaqs)

Did you ever get past Chun's trial 4-3? I'm still struggling with it. I've watched the youtube vid enough times, like you I can combo a H punch to the SBK but once the FA is added to the equation the timing seems to change and I can't get it.

Oh btw if you are looking to breeze thru the survival challenges and time challenges on both normal and hard I suggest using the Gief and spamming the 3xP Lariat.

I main chunny and I miss her Ten Sho Kyaku but have gotten the timing down pretty well with her combo into the Ten Sho Kyaku, and if I am lucky enough to add an EX SBK at the end it's very gratifying.

Did you ever get past Chun's trial 4-3? I'm still struggling with it. I've watched the youtube vid enough times, like you I can combo a H punch to the SBK but once the FA is added to the equation the timing seems to change and I can't get it.

I just did that one today. What a pain! Wait til you get to 4-6!! That challenge is out of control.

Jumping Hard Kick, Backwards + Medium Kick, Medium Kick, juggle with EX-Lightning Kick, juggle again with Ultra Lightning Kick

I did the right sequence 3 times but missed him with the last hit. I finally got it, but it definitely took some doing.

Chun-Li's trials suck. I think her 2nd hard one is considered one of the toughest in the game. (annoying since apparently the 3rd one's pretty easy). I pretty much just looked at her 2nd hard and said "yeah, that's never going to happen".

Easiest trials I found so far are Bison (Dictator). Took like 5 mins for all the normals. (I haven't gotten 2nd hard trial on anyone, just a couple 1st hard so far)

Re-rant: Trials are pointless. They don't teach/help at all. All the combos are complicated, difficult, and frankly useless due to how rarely an opponent will be set up properly to get them off. Why do a nigh-impossible 5-hitter, when I can do MP-HP-special for greater damage? It's purely to show what CAN be done, and not what'll actually be useful/helpful.

If they had made some trials that actually show useful, "not insanely picking about just-frame timing with FA dash-cancel" combos that do decent damage, that'd be useful, THEN I'd spend a lot of time trying them out and learning them---then use them against people. As it is----it's just a waste of time. 20 mins in practice or arcade mode "teaches" me far better.

It's purely to show what CAN be done, and not what'll actually be useful/helpful.

Unfortunately, that's how they designed challenges to be... =\

You are right though, nobody will actually use any of those combos in an actual match. But there are a couple of cool gems here and there.

Is there a high quality PS3 arcade stick that's backwards compatible with PS2 games? All the new Hori and Madcatz sticks aren't backwards compatible. :(

You are right though, nobody will actually use any of those combos in an actual match. But there are a couple of cool gems here and there.

Is there a high quality PS3 arcade stick that's backwards compatible with PS2 games? All the new Hori and Madcatz sticks aren't backwards compatible. :(

x arcade

http://shop3.frys.com/product/3456963?site...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Chun-Li's trials suck. I think her 2nd hard one is considered one of the toughest in the game. (annoying since apparently the 3rd one's pretty easy). I pretty much just looked at her 2nd hard and said "yeah, that's never going to happen".

Easiest trials I found so far are Bison (Dictator). Took like 5 mins for all the normals. (I haven't gotten 2nd hard trial on anyone, just a couple 1st hard so far)

I've never used the geif before but his normal trails are super easy, and he's very useful for geting the time and survival challenges done.

Sega Virtua Stick High Grade. You might have trouble finding one though.

• 5 months later...

Bringing this thread back up, because I have question.

I bought the PC version via STEAM and basically everything pertaining directly to game works fine.

My problem is when I exit the game and then reboot/shutdown, my windows vista system defaults to the SF IV resolution used (1280x720).

Is there a way to fix this, anybody else come across this?

PS: If anybody wants to play me I'm Guybrush0202.

Bringing this thread back up, because I have question.

I bought the PC version via STEAM and basically everything pertaining directly to game works fine.

My problem is when I exit the game and then reboot/shutdown, my windows vista system defaults to the SF IV resolution used (1280x720).

Is there a way to fix this, anybody else come across this?

PS: If anybody wants to play me I'm Guybrush0202.

Buy the PS3 or 360 version. :lol: j/k

• 6 months later...

He's really bizarre, that being said, most of the new characters look really fun. Akuma's new SSIV costume looks amazing though, so that combined with how much I enjoy playing him will mean I likely stay with the same character.