Least liked Valkyrie toy...

drkstar00

probably the robotech varitech fighter. a large bulbous monstrosity with a VF-1J head on a VF-1S body.

Wow, I'm kinda with you but that requires further explanation... the bodies of the VF-1A through VF-1S are identical, it's just the paint schemes that changed.

Toynami 1/55 MPC Veritech, Toynami 1/100 VF-1 veritech/valkyrie, Toynami VF-1 morphers.

I don't like the banpresto VF-1 that much either.

I agree on the Banprestos but I would say they are easily far worse than Toynami's MPC Veritech or Yamato's 1/60 VF-1. Once price gets thrown into the equation I think they're all in a brutal fist fight for who can suck worse. Takatoku's henkei series is an easy trumper of all though... those toys leave a LOT to be desired and they're pretty expensive now since they're so old. The Toynami Morphers cost less than two dollars each on eBay so I think I'll just chalk them up to getting what you pay for.

First issue 1/60 VF-0S...a floppy piece of $3!7!!

I'm sincerely hoping that price is for TWO VF-0S. You're right though, toy-wise I think the first edition VF-0S is right up there with the first edition VF-11B and its exploding hips.

Edited by jenius

I'm sincerely hoping that price is for TWO VF-0S. You're right though, toy-wise I think the first edition VF-0S is right up there with the first edition VF-11B and its exploding hips.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but that wasn't $317 dollars, I meant to hit the shift key for the "3" making it a clever way around the forum censor to say $#!7 (s#it). :p

-Kyp

Oh yeah, 1/60 VF-0A CF. I loved this baby until the shoulders exploded. Now, I am not a happy camper. Hell, I hated waited some months before getting it just to make sure there were no problems. Then a little while after I get it, people's shoulders started going kaput. :angry:

My VF-OS is perfect... but then again I bought it about two months ago - so maybe the late edition has tighter joints and just generally holds together better?

My first edition Ivanov, for its' part, has some minor issues and I'm hoping my second one (on the way) won't have them - but overall a solid toy thanks to the stand (without the stand its' beauty would be invisible)...

The VF-11B was indeed a letdown - not only for the exploding hips but for the shield which was too long on mine and didn't fit right in Fighter mode.... I'm hoping Yamato do a 1/60 or 1/48 VF-11B because the actual transformation is smooth and carefree and lends itself to being non-heart-attack inducing; so it's ironic they made a faulty toy with a smooth transformation...

The Toynami MPCs were sturdy pieces of crap - that's a compliment by the way - they were not wobbly - at least not the VFs (Alphas are a totally different story) - just ugly and undeserving of the moniker Masterpiece... not to mention they were Robotech toys which just has to mean they're sucky.

Toynami 1/100s are also unexciting - and a let down because the one thing which makes them interesting - the stands - don't hold the figures up because they are made of week material.

The YF-19 and VF-1 (1/48) seem top notch in the sturdy factor.

And can I mention that - although not a Valk - the Quid Rau is pretty sturdy; although given the lack of a transformation, I think they could have made the poseability better - and Miria should really be a posseable action figure for the price they're asking.... but it's a good bit of sculpting.

VFTF1

I found - and I'm probably the only one - that the 1/48s were out of proportion, particularily in the cockpit area.

Wow. I think that most people here would list the 1/48s as the most liked valkyrie toy. Art is subjective.

So your username.... Shall we go you and I while we can through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?

Well I do remember some complaints that the 1/48's cockpit is overly bulbous, which it is somewhat bulbous, especially when considering line-art and how later toys came out. I don't really have a problem with it, but I can see where others might.

I found - and I'm probably the only one - that the 1/48s were out of proportion, particularily in the cockpit area.

Yeah, when you see the 1/48 from a front view in fighter mode the cockpit is too bulbous and wide at the base.

I'm probably the only one that likes the 1/60 proportions better. Although the sculpt, finish and details of the 1/48 are superior ^_^

Yeah, when you see the 1/48 from a front view in fighter mode the cockpit is too bulbous and wide at the base.

I'm probably the only one that likes the 1/60 proportions better. Although the sculpt, finish and details of the 1/48 are superior ^_^

Nope. I've always stated I like the proportions of the 1/60 VF-1 better then 1/48. There are others with the same opinion here.

(ominous muzak)You are not alone.(/ominous muzak)

Least like Valkyrie toy would be the transforming banprestos. Such a floppy mess o' crap.

Nope. I've always stated I like the proportions of the 1/60 VF-1 better then 1/48. There are others with the same opinion here.

(ominous muzak)You are not alone.(/ominous muzak)

Least like Valkyrie toy would be the transforming banprestos. Such a floppy mess o' crap.

Although, I've been critical of the 1/60 scale VF-1 offerings by Yamato, I do like the proportions, except for the hip joints -- that's where the sculpt loses me. As for the Banprestos, hey, they're so cheap. So what if they fall apart? I like them for what they are -- cheap, I'm-bored-at-my-computer-in-this-stuffy-office kind of fun. :lol: I'll admit, I find it difficult to dislike any Macross offerings, nowadays. I remember when many on Macrossworld.com believed the Macross toy run was nearing its end -- not a good feeling for me.