The Transformers 2 Thread--A Michael Bay thread

areaseven

Transformers 2  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, what did you think of it?

• It was better than the first.
    • It was worse than the first.
    • Who cares?! Both movies suck!
    • Me Grimlock still want stomp Michael Bay!
  2. 2. How many times have you seen this film so far?

• Once. That's it.
    • 2-3 times.
    • 4-5 times.
    • I lost count.
    • Zero. I'll just rent it later this year.
    • Zero. You ain't paying me to watch that crap.
  3. 3. Given its current box office numbers, will this film eventually surpass The Dark Knight and/or Titanic in ticket sales?

• It'll overtake The Dark Knight, but that's it.
    • That ship is going down!
    • Not a chance.

Oh such a shame I have friday off and guess what premiers at my local multiplex on friday. :)

Yeah, I'm busy on the Friday but I'm planning to see it on the Saturday matinee. It's funny, because it was originally scheduled to open on the Saturday, but then when the UK pushed their opening date forward, Japan hurriedly changed it to Friday... Thus causing a lot of confusion. Now the people who bought advance tickets need to swap their tickets for an updated one if they want to see the film on the 19th, because otherwise they are not accepted, or something. I don't really get it.

Anyway... nobody cares.

Actually, I find it funny how movies tend to open on Saturday over here. Odd. But who am I to question Japan but an idiot gaijin.

Actually, Mudflap, along with the other figures in his wave such as Ravage, Canon Bumblebee and Interrogator Barricade are already out.

Nowhere near me. I've been to multiple Targets, Walmarts, Toys 'R Us, even grocery stores that carry the toys too. None of that wave are out around here.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/996/996050p1.html

Bay says he's had enough of TF, somehow I doubt it. They always say this until the studio offers up some insane paycheck. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't finish out the trilogy.

Also he says, "I need to do something without explosions" has he EVER done anything without explosions? I mean really.

Edit: According to Bay's blog he says he more just wants a vacation and isn't done with the franchise. I for one am pleased.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Just saw Revenge of the Fallen! It was worse than Superman Returns. I didn't mind the first movie but this movie was horrible.

Really? Is it worse than X-Men Origins: Wolverine (which is actually worse than Superman Returns)? What was wrong with it? Be sure to use the spoiler tag for your explanation.

Edited by areaseven

Just wondering if ROTF is suitable for 5 year olds?

My son is begging me to take him to see it when opens next week.

Not sure I'll enjoy sitting through two and a half hours of mindless Bay action featuring butt ugly bots though.

Graham

Not sure I'll enjoy sitting through two and a half hours of mindless Bay action featuring butt ugly bots though.

Graham

I think the movie is rated IIA where you're at. What are the usual restrictions for such a rating?

Graham

Dogs humping, Decepticon dry humping Megan's leg and Devestator has balls just to name a few.

Just saw Revenge of the Fallen! It was worse than Superman Returns. I didn't mind the first movie but this movie was horrible.

Let's hear some specifics. What was your issue with the first movie? What about the new one, other than the fact that it's probably too long and that Megan Fox is even more useless this time around?

Yes - it is. Depending on his sensitivity, he might cry or get scared or he'll love it all and want to see it over and over but in general it's probably more "suitable" than Macross in terms of the generic definition of what is and isn't suitable for kids... unless Bay added a BDSM scene I know nothing about :)

In the words of Megatron: TOOORRROOOPPPPRRRRRRMMMMFFFFFGGGRRRRRXOPL !!!

(I think that's what he says in the trailer...)

Pete

Let's hear some specifics. What was your issue with the first movie? What about the new one, other than the fact that it's probably too long and that Megan Fox is even more useless this time around?

I thought the first movie was decent for a summer flix. I have a review at my friends site.

Read the review. Sounds like your expectations were overblown - that or the novelty of the special effects live-action CGI robots has worn off and this time around you focused on the plot. Doesn't sound any more crazy, silly, stupid, zanny or forced than the first one.

I'm not gonna see it until mid-July anyways.

Pete

Read the review. Sounds like your expectations were overblown - that or the novelty of the special effects live-action CGI robots has worn off and this time around you focused on the plot. Doesn't sound any more crazy, silly, stupid, zanny or forced than the first one.

I'm not gonna see it until mid-July anyways.

Pete

My only expectation going into any movie is to be entertained. Star Trek did that perfectly Terminator Salvation was decent enough to keep me entertained but Revenge of the Fallen was painful to sit through. It would make an awesome silent movie.

Yes - it is. Depending on his sensitivity, he might cry or get scared or he'll love it all and want to see it over and over but in general it's probably more "suitable" than Macross in terms of the generic definition of what is and isn't suitable for kids... unless Bay added a BDSM scene I know nothing about :)

Pete

He doesn't get scared easily by TV. He watched the first Transformers movie on DVD and was OK with that and I let him watch cartoons with a fairly high level of violence, like Clone Wars, Gatchaman and Voltes 5, all of which he loves.

Graham

Terminator Salvation was decent enough to keep me entertained

That right there is enough for me to be satisfied in my midnight showing ticket. I thought TS was the biggest pile of sci-fi crap to come out of Hollywood in a while.

Unfortunately it seems like a lot of people will have seen it by the time it lands stateside on the 24th. Still, I'll probably jot my thoughts down when I get home.

Well just this min got back fro the first screening. I will try and not be spoilerish so all who actually want to see it fresh can. You can tell the budget was way bigger this time round

Well the decepticons are bigger and badder.

The fallen is not so nice :)

Megatron is big time pissed and it would apear is a tripple changer. Jet/Tank/Robot.

SoundWave has his G1 style face, and I think is voiced by Frank Welker minus the voice synth effect. Nice little hommage to the G1 there.

Ravage is soooo cool. I want a movie acurate figure of him.

Jetfire is by far the best hes cranky creaky and doesnt really care for the fight, hes been arround waiting for ages imobile and it's got him pissed off. He even has a walking stick which doubles as a handy weapon.

The twins are funny and at the same time good.

The insecticons are well, insects.

The Autobot Icecream van was great, yes you did read that right.

There were a few too many shots of Megan Fox in slow mo but thats just me.

She has a rival too in this film, but I cant say anymore with out spoiling it.

Seeing the constructicons murge for the first time was awesome in much the same way as seeing prime transform for the first time was, in the original film.

If you love aircraft and military hardware theres plenty to see I think they had fairly much all of it there from the old stuff to the brand new.

Seeing Devastator climb up the Pyramid gave you a real sense of scale.

The only problems I had were some of the Decepticons were a little too generic in Robot mode, this was a fault slightly in the first film though, but this time round with so many you hardly get to know its a little hard at times to know whos who.

The fights are bigger and more centered on our favorite mecha. There is still the wobble cam thing but this time its more loosly focused to allow you to see more. There is a couple of hommages to Old M.Bay films chucked in to. Also the Obligitory M.Bay slow mo Helicopter shot

(rescue helio in Egypt fight)

Arcee was cool the way she combines although a little under used I feel.

The Forest fight was good including Starsceam and Prime using whole trees as a clubs.

There were a few long bit that I can see the critics would say made it too long a film but IMO they were needed to show the non geek fans what was happening.

There is a high human death count but you dont see anything that would make it unsuitable for little ones. There is Mild swearing although this is mainly the sort of cusses your kids will have heard or learnt by the age of 6-7. Anyway a lot of it is via Jetfire and said in a British tounge so some of it will be missed. Megan Fox does use the F word but it is mostly drown out by an explosion.

I think that the Fallen got outted to quickly though.

Jetfire does combine with Prime

Soundwave has Ravage inside along with some of the other smaller Decepticons al la G1

I was dispointed not to see Barracaide again. Not sure where he went when the others were rebuilt by the Constructicons and the Doctor.

Frenzy is in it but he doesnt speak

There was a lot of product placements not just the cars but clothing and food, computers phones and such so I expect that some sales will be generated from that. There was a bit too much as Save said of dogs humping although the story doesnt really stall, its just for a cheap laugh point. Robot man spuds, WTF is all I will say there.

There will be a third film without a doubt as the plot has several openings for it written in.

Overall I liked it and will be getting it on Blu ray the day it comes out. I would say though I would see it again due to my eyes trying too hard to take in the details and keep pace with the story, to enable me to write something usefull here. That and the second time around the story wont matter so much and I'd look for blupers and in jokes and study the detail more. I did see one when a couple of Decepticons re-enter over Paris. The shot which has been shown in the trailer shows the two fire balls comming in, A french guy points and shouts so everyone looks, at that point they seem stationary and then suddenly seem to jump to right over the top of us (viewing) which due to the angel looks a little forced, that and the speed that would be needed to cove that much sky would produce one hell of a shockwave

When you see it there are a few bits after the credits start to roll as in the first film. Some of that could have been due to the film jumping as I think they were using the old projectors at the multiplex and not the new all digital ones.

Hopefully this is not too revealing for everyone.

Edited by big F

But the Arcee sisters' combination was cut from the movie. It's only going to feature in the toys.

And I keep hearing that Soundwave does not have the G1 face as his visor is missing. Not that

he appears in robot mode in the movie.

Edited by Alex

He doesn't get scared easily by TV. [bit snipped0 I let him watch cartoons with a fairly high level of violence, like [bit snipped] Gatchaman [bit snipped], which he loves.

Graham

You sir, are a legend!!!!

Taksraven

But the Arcee sisters' combination was cut from the movie. It's only going to feature in the toys.

And I keep hearing that Soundwave does not have the G1 face as his visor is missing. Not that

he appears in robot mode in the movie.

You so see the start of the combination although the actual finished product so to speak is cut. Soundwave has a mode that still shows his face and it is very G1.

I think Grahams little one will be just as excited by this film as the last one.

No.

In the end, he trips, falls down a flight of stares and plunges head first into a live volcano where he is tragically melted.

But just before he goes off line, he gives us the thumbs up sign.

Even Linda Hamilton shows up as an extra to cry.

Pete

Ok big question

does Prime survive the film? I would assume so knowing the whole Jetfire situation, but I must know!

I'm just gonna fill this space with nonsense. But the answer is yes, he does survive.

The visuals should be okay, the language is what I'd be worried about, Skids and Mudflap tend to get vulgar in some scenes. For teens it wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary, but for a 5 year old, it might be good to cover his ears.

You so see the start of the combination although the actual finished product so to speak is cut.
Wow that is lame Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

No.

In the end, he trips, falls down a flight of stares and plunges head first into a live volcano where he is tragically melted.

But just before he goes off line, he gives us the thumbs up sign.

Even Linda Hamilton shows up as an extra to cry.

Pete

To make it perfect they need the kid that played John there too, voice cracking and all.

Anyone here collecting the Slurpee cups & straws? So far, I have Prime and Bumblebee.

A word of warning: Bumblebee Blast flavor is nasty (especially if you hate coconut). Go for Megatron Mayhem flavor instead.

Lucky you. 7-11 pulled up stakes here in Houston long ago (Stop N Go bought them out, which was later taken over by Diamond Shamrock, then Valero decided to drop the Diamond Shamrock name...).

I saw the movie yesterday.

I have to agree with Save's review in terms of the whole "world turned upside down" aspect at the beginning of the film. While Prime's entrance was probably the most awesome scene for me (just as impressive as his "The Touch" entrance in the 1986 film), I cannot understand why the Autobots, especially Prime, have become such cold-blooded killers. Prime spent most of the first movie being a suicidal maniac, now he's just homicidal. Remember Ironhide's death in the first movie, point blank face blast from Megatron? Same thing here, only it's Prime, showing how no sentient being can be free from his laser cannon. Bizarre. He even has random hatred-spewing moments, like "you waste of metal!". The last time I saw such an out-of-character Optimus was in the first couple of G1 episodes, where he's name-calling Megatron "you're junk, yesterday's model!" To me, Optimus is best personified by his nobility in the 1986 movie. He had Megatron right where he wanted him and gave him a chance to redeem himself, very merciful. Of course, we all knew Hotrod screwed everything up after that, though. Maybe this Bay-Prime learnt from his 2D predecessor not to get screwed twice and just decides to lay waste to all, no questions asked.

Anyway, that was my main gripe with the movie, the sheer brutality of Prime. It was cool in a way, but he's kind of like a savage. Oh, and even cute lil' Bumblebee rips Ravage's spine right out off him, Predator-style, green blood dripping everywhere.

I think I liked Jetfire the best. Too bad he dies.

Also, how come they need magic Matrix BS to bring back Prime, but Megatron gets brought back to life just fine with a few spare parts? What about Jazz???

Apart from that, it was pretty much a paint-by-numbers sequel, you know what to expect going in, so I'm not gonna bother complaining about the crap designs, the cheap toilet humour (literally in some, or most, cases). It's -- unfortunately -- become a given.

Overall, quite enjoyable if you know what a Bayformer movie is comprised of. I am not sure why Save views the two movies as being so different. Hell, the first movie was shown on TV in Japan last night to coincide with the release of TF2 and I felt a lot of deja-vu.

Edited by Renato

Don't remember this...?

The Forest fight was good including Starsceam and Prime using whole trees as a clubs.

Nor this..?

I dunno, I couldn't make heads or tails out of any of that. :wacko:

Overall, quite enjoyable if you know what a Bayformer movie is comprised of. I am not sure why Save views the two movies as being so different. Hell, the first movie was shown on TV in Japan last night to coincide with the release of TF2 and I felt a lot of deja-vu.

I see them as being different because the first movie is the starting point, the second movie got an inch further then dived to the realm of stupidity far surpassing Bad Boys II and even The Island. Even though I don't like the bot designs they do look cool in action but after the forest battle I was ready to call it a day.

The Bumblebee Ravage massacre was great but too little way too late

What is the point of doing the whole Bumblebee broken voice box thing again, it's like sitting through Millennium Man.

I though it was funny that Jet Fire basically turned into Macross Valk Fast Packs.

Or that Jet Fire has been let's say out of the loop for so long but he still knows terms like "This is how we brough the pain in my day"

Just like Bad Boys II which never should have went to Cuba, TFROF should have ended at Primes Death and the Decepicons letting the humans knowing of their existence. The movie should have never went Egypt. So much could have been more developed, aside from Sam's mother getting high off hemp brownies.

Also if only one who is proven can even touch the Matrix how was the Fallen even able to touch it without it turning back to pixie dust.

Yeah I watched some of the First movie last nigh when I got home, the only improvement story wise in the Second one was Prime did get his @$$ kicked by just Megatron.

Edited by Save

I saw the movie yesterday.

Remember Ironhide's death in the first movie, point blank face blast from Megatron?

*snip*

Ironhide died in your version of the first movie? Whoa that's a change. :blink::lol:

Also, how come they need magic Matrix BS to bring back Prime, but Megatron gets brought back to life just fine with a few spare parts? What about Jazz???

It wasn't just spare parts, the piece of Allspark stolen by Ravage was placed in his spark chamber to bring him back