The Transformers 2 Thread--A Michael Bay thread

areaseven

Transformers 2  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, what did you think of it?

• It was better than the first.
    • It was worse than the first.
    • Who cares?! Both movies suck!
    • Me Grimlock still want stomp Michael Bay!
  2. 2. How many times have you seen this film so far?

• Once. That's it.
    • 2-3 times.
    • 4-5 times.
    • I lost count.
    • Zero. I'll just rent it later this year.
    • Zero. You ain't paying me to watch that crap.
  3. 3. Given its current box office numbers, will this film eventually surpass The Dark Knight and/or Titanic in ticket sales?

• It'll overtake The Dark Knight, but that's it.
    • That ship is going down!
    • Not a chance.

Sadly, I still expect Prime to eat it in this one. I mean, it wouldn't be Transformers if Optimus didn't die. Though I'd rather he didn't.

There's a youtube interview clip, with the producers of the '86 animated film. They actually regretted that, stated they "had no idea it would have such a big impact on the kids." :huh: Said if they had it to do over again, they would NOT have killed off Prime.

"...we were just getting rid of last year's toy line, so we could have a way to introduce the next line of figures for season 2..." or something to that effect.

Can't believe I'm even following this. Finally watched TF movie on cable last night; reaction was "meh" at best. Couldn't help being disappointed at how dumbed-down-for-the-lowest-common-denominator it felt. That, and the overwhelming impression that I was watching a 90+ min GM commercial... <_< Could have been so much better a film...

Edited by reddsun1

There's a youtube interview clip, with the producers of the '86 animated film. They actually regretted that, stated they "had no idea it would have such a big impact on the kids."

On kids? Forget the kids. It made my mom cry when she took me to see it!

I think she's still mad, all these years later, that I made her take me to see a movie where a cartoon robot dying made her cry.

I have the first Bay movie figure of Starscream. Damned thing looks like a freaking Slippery When Wet road sign in Robot mode (the freaking torso, at least). Not a bad looking F-22 Raptor mode, though. A word of advice about the figure, do not put the missles into his hands, the firing mechanism is on a freaking hair trigger (I do have them in a safe place, though).

Someone please edit the poll to say eat Michael Bay, please. :ph34r:

Edited by Wanzerfan

Could Devastator be excavating something like the Fallen?

The prequel comics say and show exactly what is at the pyramids. I'm not going to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read them though, but if you're interested, they're actually fairly decent, all things considered.

Arcee plays a BIG role in them, too, but it's the Arcee from the first movie's scrapped designs and that toyline.

I'm not going to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read them though,

I'm sure that you're in no way compromising the intergrity of Michael Bay's film. The only thing I wonder about is how big do they write "BOOM" in these comic books.

Saw the new trailer when I went to see Star Trek. All I can say is that it looks pretty much like more of the same. I never liked the movie treatment they gave to the Transformers. I am specifically referring to the mecha designs in robot mode. They are way too busy, and remind me very little of the original designs. Someone told me that one reason why they would do this is that it's easier to make "busy" designs look more realistic from a special/digital effects perspective. From what I was told it's easier because you have less to worry about with regard to shading, reflections, etc. I admit I know very little about CGI stuff, but if that's true then I would say I am very disappointed.

As much as I still like the original, and my son uses the old movie's soundtrack for background music when he's playing XBox, this just hurts... it hurts so much...

And what's with that weird smiling guy?

New Game Images

So...is Skywarp an F-16 or F/A-18? The fins near the top confused me.

The F-16 has only one vertical stabilizer on the ass end of the aircraft. The F/A-18 has two vertical stabilizers. You can also tell the differance between the aircraft by looking for the air intake scoop; the one on the F-16 is located on the underside of the aircraft (similar to the A-7 Corsair, but not as goofy looking), whle the F/A-18 has them mounted on either side of the fuselage.

Edited by Wanzerfan

The F-16 has only one vertical stabilizer on the ass end of the aircraft. The F/A-18 has two vertical stabilizers. You can also tell the differance between the aircraft by looking for the air intake scoop; the one on the F-16 is located on the underside of the aircraft (similar to the A-7 Corsair, but not as goofy looking), whle the F/A-18 has them mounted on either side of the fuselage.

I'm fairly certain Shin knows the difference. However given that the images are only of robot mode the second smaller set of fins could be any number of things.

Without an Alt Mode I can't tell for sure, but i think they might be using the JSF for the seekers.

if you guys are talking about the brown one, it's a JSF and with the fan on top makes it a Marine version.

The brown one is Breakaway, and is based on the JSF as Vince said. The one painted up like Skywarp looks like it was made for the game, as there aren't any figures or movie models of him that I've seen. Based on the wings and cockpit, I'd bet on an F-16 if I had to pick between that and the F-18.

Edited by Zx31

The brown one is Breakaway, and is based on the JSF as Vince said. The one painted up like Skywarp looks like it was made for the game, as there aren't any figures or movie models of him that I've seen. Based on the wings and cockpit, I'd bet on an F-16 if I had to pick between that and the F-18.

nope, F-18. the flaps/ailerons are too big for an F-16 and the sweep of the wing is much closer to that of the 18. also the fin thing coming out of it's back/shoulders is closer to an F-18's tail than anything else. then theres the cockpit wich is much closer to an F-18's than an F-16.

but then again there's a lot of don't give a F**K if it's accurate going on with the details that makes it really hard to say it's even a real world plane at all.

nope, F-18. the flaps/ailerons are too big for an F-16 and the sweep of the wing is much closer to that of the 18. also the fin thing coming out of it's back/shoulders is closer to an F-18's tail than anything else. then theres the cockpit wich is much closer to an F-18's than an F-16.

but then again there's a lot of don't give a F**K if it's accurate going on with the details that makes it really hard to say it's even a real world plane at all.

Yup, you're right. If you watch the multiplayer video it transforms into an F-18.

JetOptimus(Jetfire doesn't actually combine, he sacrifices his body to give Optimus an upgrade. Not his entire body)

1243405209848.jpg

Scrapper

3554979880_812c66e7fd_o.jpg

more OP

TransformersRevengeoftheFallenmovie.jpg

Breakaway from the game. Hope he makes it into the film

transformers-rotf---breakaway-chara.jpg

LongHaul from game

transformers-rotf---longhaul-charac.jpg

Edited by Dangard Ace

JetOptimus(Jetfire doesn't actually combine, he sacrifices his body to give Optimus an upgrade. Not his entire body)

... and there goes THAT surprise...

Edited by Dangard Ace
Will you dumbasses stop revealing AND quoting the revealing spoilers?

Someone told me that one reason why they would do this is that it's easier to make "busy" designs look more realistic from a special/digital effects perspective. From what I was told it's easier because you have less to worry about with regard to shading, reflections, etc. I admit I know very little about CGI stuff, but if that's true then I would say I am very disappointed.

Well we lecture the visual finishing of 3D (Textures, lighting and etc) and no, in my view it's not that. Presently these transformer designs are more of a headache cause of the amount of pieces, with each tiny piece having their unique texture, bump, and lighting. And the render time is insane. They've actually got more to worry about considering that these movies are the biggest projects rendered (The render farm is insane in size and techies looking after it).

From what we know is that Bay chose this complex look for the robots for the fear to not make them look too "Cartoony" to an audience, and above all have them appear more like organic creatures made of mechanical bits.

I actually like the approach, but I also do agree with you that they tend to be too busy, and difficult to distinguish. Bumble Bee and OP are cool, but the Deceptacons are not nice, especially Starscream.