The Transformers 2 Thread--A Michael Bay thread

areaseven

Transformers 2  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, what did you think of it?

• It was better than the first.
    • It was worse than the first.
    • Who cares?! Both movies suck!
    • Me Grimlock still want stomp Michael Bay!
  2. 2. How many times have you seen this film so far?

• Once. That's it.
    • 2-3 times.
    • 4-5 times.
    • I lost count.
    • Zero. I'll just rent it later this year.
    • Zero. You ain't paying me to watch that crap.
  3. 3. Given its current box office numbers, will this film eventually surpass The Dark Knight and/or Titanic in ticket sales?

• It'll overtake The Dark Knight, but that's it.
    • That ship is going down!
    • Not a chance.

I forgot that Magatron in the original transformed in to a rifle.

Ok - the fact that there are people on Earth who write this means I'm getting really REALLY old! To me, Megatron as a Walther P-38 is as self-evident as Pamela Anderson as a sex symbol. It's like - the sky is blue or something :) I could not imagine anybody actually "forgetting" this :)

Not that I'm bashing on you - so don't take it that way - but I'm just curious - how did you forget? Were you a kid when G1 aired, or did you get into TFs later with BW or the Unicron trilogy or something else?

Pete

Ok - the fact that there are people on Earth who write this means I'm getting really REALLY old! To me, Megatron as a Walther P-38 is as self-evident as Pamela Anderson as a sex symbol. It's like - the sky is blue or something :) I could not imagine anybody actually "forgetting" this :)

And also that mode was based on a gun used in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. :)

zjmegsuncle.jpg

Mysterious symbols?

Egyptian ruins?

Psychic links?

"I feel smarter already"?

Devastator's not the only thing that's gonna suck...

:lol: Good one. :lol:

Looks like it fits into the movie universe just fine. I have the same level of disappointment mixed with excitement that I had when I saw the first trailer for the previous film.

:lol: Good one. :lol:

Looks like it fits into the movie universe just fine. I have the same level of disappointment mixed with excitement that I had when I saw the first trailer for the previous film.

Enh, I despised the last film, so I feel no excitement for this one. I doubt I'll see it.

However, some people seem to be really looking forward to it, so I'll refrain from any further comment. :)

Enh, I despised the last film, so I feel no excitement for this one. I doubt I'll see it.

However, some people seem to be really looking forward to it, so I'll refrain from any further comment. :)

I think its safe to say most here are more interested in Multi tonne Mecha slugging out with each other than the actual story. Some are just watching it because Megan Fox is in it though :p

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: OMG

I am now ever so more hopeful. Constructicons gettin down and dirty sucking up the sand and some poor TF to make stuff or as an unknown weapon type.

It looks like Mix master is the head/weapon etc and in G1 didn't he have the ability to make stuff in his mixer

Insecticons and what may be more of Starscream and the rest of his Air group.

OH!! and did I mention stuff going bang :)

I was reading the trailer breakdown on Empire here:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/trans...breakdown/9.asp

Take a look at that guy's jacket. therealeffingdeal.com? I wondered if that was one of those marketing campaign things like the old Sector 7 secret website a couple of years back. Well, apparently, you need a password to get in, just like the S7 one.

Anybody heard anything about this?

Maybe it's just some random non-related site after all, though.

I was reading the trailer breakdown on Empire here:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/trans...breakdown/9.asp

Take a look at that guy's jacket. therealeffingdeal.com? I wondered if that was one of those marketing campaign things like the old Sector 7 secret website a couple of years back. Well, apparently, you need a password to get in, just like the S7 one.

Anybody heard anything about this?

Maybe it's just some random non-related site after all, though.

There is a lot of activity about this on the web just google it.

I think it is more likely it is to do with the film.

In the same way as the Sector 7 site was for the first film.

Check this link for some info

That Empire breakdown on the trailer is awesome roll on June.

Edited by big F

Is energon a renewable resource they just convert ordinary energy into energon.

How do they pertray it in other series?

I know in the new animated series it is in short supply and is rationed.

Edited by miles316

Is energon a renewable resource they just convert ordinary energy into energon.

How do they pertray it in other series?

I know in the new animated series it is in short supply and is rationed.

In G1 the Decepticons converted raw recources into Energon using cubes that Soundwave manufacurted.

In Transformers Energon, energon is a natural resource here on Earth.

Far as I can tell - Devastator ate Optimus Prime...

Pete

That did not look like Optimus Prime.

In the trailer you can hear the transformer screaming, and it was to high pitched to be Prime.

Edited by miles316

No it's one of the twins....."skids" I think. I forget their names, but it is definately one of them.

Chris

Yes if you look at the Empire magazine break down (link a few post up) it says that it is one of the twins and that he grabs onto Devastator's face and does not get sucked in.

I am asuming this is eaither some sort of consume all weapon, you know just eat your enemies. Maybe a form of energy production a la Unicron or most likely a way of using the raw materials for construction etc.

Although I still think the movie will turn out well I really don't like some of the design choices that were made to some of the transformers... mainly the decepticons... Devastator looks like a stringy giant ape... Starscream still looks kinda lame IMO even now. If some of them looked a little more humanoid I could probably take the movie more seriously...

Alot of ppl complain about the first movie's plot which was pretty simple but I think that's a good thing... I don't watch these movies for the plot. I mainly watch them for the SFX and realistic robot battles. That's the real draw of this film as it is a homage to the original G1 series. The story is also similar to the original G1 saga.

The story is also similar to the original G1 saga

Yeah - the "Megatron wants what's in my mind" line had me recalling good ol' Marvel comics TF G1, where Prime puts the Matrix into Buster's mind... so...yeah that is cool.

In the trailer you can hear the transformer screaming, and it was to high pitched to be Prime.

Could it be that you have never removed the face mask from your Masterpiece Optimus Prime? Do so, and you will see what kind of screaming Prime is really capable of :)

Pete