The Transformers 2 Thread--A Michael Bay thread

areaseven

Transformers 2  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, what did you think of it?

• It was better than the first.
    • It was worse than the first.
    • Who cares?! Both movies suck!
    • Me Grimlock still want stomp Michael Bay!
  2. 2. How many times have you seen this film so far?

• Once. That's it.
    • 2-3 times.
    • 4-5 times.
    • I lost count.
    • Zero. I'll just rent it later this year.
    • Zero. You ain't paying me to watch that crap.
  3. 3. Given its current box office numbers, will this film eventually surpass The Dark Knight and/or Titanic in ticket sales?

• It'll overtake The Dark Knight, but that's it.
    • That ship is going down!
    • Not a chance.

Transformers toys get worse and worse as time goes by. That thing is just trash. I don't mind non-anthropomorphic designs, but you need to give us some more detail, something believable, something that isn't goopy.

I dunno. I'm un-enthusiastic.

Pete

I dunno about that. Some of the movie toys look pretty damn good and the newer releases like Cyclonus have been stellar. I'd say overall they're getting substantially better, especially the movie ones.

Also how is a hyper advanced alien robot turning into ANYTHING believable?

Seeing as how the Fallen is in the movie, it's safe to assume that at least part of his established lore is there. Also Megatron only appearing in flash backs which supposedly explain the origin/lineage of the Primes means that you could get quite a bit more story. Of course, so many people are ready to condemn the movie before it's out that they may never see any improvements.

Also, TF has been 99.9% good robots smashing bad robots. I could see "fans" screaming about their being too much story. Additionally, whether you like the new Transformers or not, the success of the first movie was awesome for the franchise. I know people who didn't even like Transformers become fans because of it. I just say be content with the fact that TF is still lucrative enough to warrant huge budgets for movies, new toy development, etc.

Also Megatron only appearing in flash backs which supposedly explain the origin/lineage of the Primes means that you could get quite a bit more story. Of course, so many people are ready to condemn the movie before it's out that they may never see any improvements.

Doubt he is just in flashbacks, the coloring book scans showed him fighting with Jetfire, Starscream, and Prime at different points.

Additionally, whether you like the new Transformers or not, the success of the first movie was awesome for the franchise. I know people who didn't even like Transformers become fans because of it. I just say be content with the fact that TF is still lucrative enough to warrant huge budgets for movies, new toy development, etc.

Agreed, I just hope the robots themselves get more character development and screen time this time around, they were more interesting characters than the humans(most of which were cliche'). Not that some of of the bots and cons weren't cliche', but they were definitely more interesting.

Bay said flashbacks only, but he's BS'd before so who knows. I know I'd like to see him actually back. I agree though, more bot time is a good thing, more megs is a good thing too. With all the new designs and characters you'd *think* that more bot development would be a given. Hopefully it's the case.

Seeing as how the Fallen is in the movie, it's safe to assume that at least part of his established lore is there. Also Megatron only appearing in flash backs which supposedly explain the origin/lineage of the Primes means that you could get quite a bit more story. Of course, so many people are ready to condemn the movie before it's out that they may never see any improvements.

Also, TF has been 99.9% good robots smashing bad robots. I could see "fans" screaming about their being too much story. Additionally, whether you like the new Transformers or not, the success of the first movie was awesome for the franchise. I know people who didn't even like Transformers become fans because of it. I just say be content with the fact that TF is still lucrative enough to warrant huge budgets for movies, new toy development, etc.

QFT.

Anything that plumps up the story and keeps the old fans on board and still brings in the new fans is good.

The whole giant robots in films in general is going to become the new in thing sooner or later.

Transformers only benifits more from it as most of the western world accociates Transformers as the big robot thing. Macross and Robotech get so often mistakenly badged as Transformers that they can only help in the the west to bring more interest to the whole subject.

How long will it be before Hollywood gets bored of Marvel and DC Characters and goes after some of the bigger anime stories.

It is already starting to happen if the rumor mill is correct.

Oh, I'm content. My dissatisfaction is purely focused on the movie toys. I am in awe of the fact that in spite of being lucrative enough to warrant multi-million dollars movie budgets, Hasbro couldn't make the effort to make the supreme Transformer of the sequel, Devastator, a...you know...toy which - well - Transformers properly.

Pete

Anyone seen the newest trailer showing with Fast & Furious?

Lots of goodies all over the place.

A better shot of the triplets chasing Sideways. Scorpinok diving at Jetfire. Devestator headbutting Prime. The Fallen

teleporting into the middle of a battle. Sam pulling apart a bug bot that might be The Doctor and the look of "what are you going to do about it?".

I cannot wait.

Anyone seen the newest trailer showing with Fast & Furious?

Lots of goodies all over the place.

A better shot of the triplets chasing Sideways. Scorpinok diving at Jetfire. Devestator headbutting Prime. The Fallen

teleporting into the middle of a battle. Sam pulling apart a bug bot that might be The Doctor and the look of "what are you going to do about it?".

I cannot wait.

Can this trailer be found online yet?

Sounds nice, and I'd like to get a better look at Jetfire (I´ve been a SR/71 fanboy for as long as I can remember)

Yeah; I have no doubt the movie will be great. But just thinking about those ugly toys gets me depressed :(

Pete

Like the first movie, seeing these in motion is probably going make a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...
some high res pics of some of the bots and cons

If you guys look closely, you can see that these new designs have a lot more surface area that isn't just mechanical clutter. They actually have planar surfaces now, that, from where I'm looking, help define their overall shapes better. Even the bots from the first film have been slightly redesigned- they are sleeker, and once again, more solid surface area. Ironhide and Ratchet most notably.

Edited by Shmitty

Michael Bey should have his head examined for gracing us with his version of the franchise.

The first movie had enough differances in it to piss off diehard G1 fans. For example:

Turning Brawl into a Decepticon???!!! What the Hell is up with that?

Naming the main human character Sam Whitwiky instead of Spike? Are you kidding me?

And the one scene that really makes me go ballistic... Feds searching a house without a freaking search warrant!!! I don't know about you, but if that douce-bag tried to pull that in real life, the least that would happen to him would be he would get fired!!!

I hate to say it, but that douche-bag director has his head so far up his ass it's not funny.

Edited by Wanzerfan