Terminator Salvation, colon, Really Long Movie Title

bsu legato

They might need to torture them and make them do some hard work to make them suffer before dying. (like that scene in the first conan movie where arnie is forced to push a wheel that doesn't DO anything! :D) Perhaps they need to experiment on us like lab rats like to find out the limits to the human body and to recreate more humanoid acting versions of themselves so they can sneak better?

This will make them seem all the more cruel. Remember that scene when sarah was being stabbed by the t1000 in t2? And he said: I know this hurts... The robots need to find the most painful methods to get information from humans before they go on and capture the key leaders who can tell them the whereabouts of all the underground bases. They need to show that gradual evolution from dumb ass drone robot that just shoots anything that moves, to a sophisticated assassin that can trick you by mimmicking your behaviour and predicting where you go and "tracking" you and hunting you down. I thought no.1 was good for this reason since it wasn't just action action action like no.2. You see arnie using his brains by mimmicking sarah's mom's voice on the phone.

They are learning like humans. They are the cop in your neighbohood, your boss at work, and that's why you gotta buy a dog that can sniff people's crotches to know if you're not being watched by a terminator. It's scary because they are smart and learning stuff, not just because they can take a lot of bullets. It's like if megaman X ever turned evil, then you would have the terminator hunting humans instead of rogue robots. I know I've said it in a previous post but if they just show the terminators as being dumb but really strong, it will make them seem a little less scary because really all that means is humans need a stronger weapon. But you can't fight what you can't "see" (they are hiding in thhe shadows as a stranger stalking you or impersonating someone else) and that's why they are really scary because they want to be like us and copy us and stuff so you never know if you can trust machines anymore. Bring back that Paranoia of movies like The Thing or Cape Fear. Where the machines are not methodical and predicatable and slow as a zombie, but adapting to what you do and knowing how you think.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I don't mind the addition of more Terminator movies or shows. I treat it just like Star Wars or Star Trek. There can be more as long as:

1) It's done right.

2) Do not screw with continuity / canon / past shows

I'm willing to give the new Terminator stuff a chance after seeing any new tidbits / previews. But, IMO, they could really show the future conflict more. How many Terminators have to be sent back in time before it gets ridiculously overdone? Showing the future warfare would bring alot of freedom for creativity. We all know the eventual result, but what was done to reach that point is open for us to see.

* Post apocalyptic world, mankind on the edge of extinction - CHECK

* Machines now in charge, exterminating humans - CHECK

* Show the array of Machines and especially the Terminator / Infiltrator series - CHECK

* Show more cool future weapons - CHECK

* A meager, but growing resistance against the Machines - CHECK

The future war is almost like a blank check for any stories, just as long as the end is supposed to be the way it is. There's tons of stuff that can be done before that end.

i remember in the comics and novels about the concentration camps, and the laser graphed bar codes on their skin. There was a scene in a comic, cant recall which, but there were humans being dumped into some plant and they were basically being crushed and tortured.

Im hip on the first movie being humans collected into camps. forced labor and what not in facilities s large s small ruined cities and escaping, hen number 2 being the actual resistance, and finally the fall of the machines and the death of the savior john conner.

i remember in the comics and novels about the concentration camps, and the laser graphed bar codes on their skin. There was a scene in a comic, cant recall which, but there were humans being dumped into some plant and they were basically being crushed and tortured.

Kyle Reese: This is burned in by laser scan. Some of us were kept alive... to work... loading bodies. The disposal units ran night and day. We were that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps, to smash those metal motherfarters into junk. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor. John Connor. Your son, Sarah, your unborn son.

If I remember correctly the "Diposal Units" turned bodies into chemicals the machines needed like oil and what not.

Edited by Chindenathus

the whole "same model terminator kills Connor" is retarded. did he suddenly become senile or something? considering all of the future "terminator-mail" events (supposedly) happened in 1 day

Connor getting killed doesn't make sense. they just beat skynet, sent Reese and the guardian T800 in the same day, & knowing the only friendly terminator that looked like Arnie was the one they just sent back, why would Connor suddenly go "hey... that's my old buddy!"-*dead* ?

that Arnie they sent back destroyed itself, and he was there to see it happen. the "childhood memories" should have kept him paranoid & not dead <_<

i say they should go with this new movie, but forget everything in T3. more importantly, they could forget Connor being killed in T3. ^_^

Given that we find out that the arnold in T3 is the one that assassinates John, and what the terminator says to John at the end... I wonder if John knowingly commits suicide by terminator?

Refresh my memory... when did T3 reveal that its the same terminator that assasinates john? I can't remember this.

If I remember correctly the "Diposal Units" turned bodies into chemicals the machines needed like oil and what not.

Ouch...eew. Reminds me of the Strogg in Quake.

Also did they ever explain how a terminator is sent back in time if only "living tissue" can be sent back in time? So by effectively giving an Endoskeleton a biological shell, it can travel back in time? And why not just use a living human "meat-sack" carry a plasma rifle back in time. :lol:

Edited by wolfx

Refresh my memory... when did T3 reveal that its the same terminator that assasinates john? I can't remember this.

that was the RV scene, on their way to the CRS base, Kate asks Arnie why he's only following her orders.

And why not just use a living human "meat-sack" carry a plasma rifle back in time. :lol:

i think that's everybody's question :lol: but i think the 1st movie & novels mention that the whole process was totally new & incredibly hard to do, plus skynet was the only thing that knew how to do it right, but it was destroyed by that time.

i guess nobody thought they could actually do it? :blink:

the TX smuggled a plasma weapon (amongst others) into the future internally.

But that's cause its liquid metal. Blah. The more sequels Terminator comes up with, the more conflicting information seems to turn up.

Now with Sarah Connor Chronicles its getting ridiculous. Com-Tech sent some people back into the past to build a radioactive isotope gun and a crude time machine to help Cameron and the Connors escape.

*throws hands up in the air*

So that sorta conflicts UN_MARINE's point that it was hard to do and only Skynet knows how. :lol:

indeed it does. contradictory, paradoxical, incoherent and all that other stuff...

i too, shall throw my hands up in the air.

...unless somebody goes back in time to prevent me from doing so, and allows me to do so, but will not create a paradox & screw up the whole event, and keep things logical in the first place.

why couldn't it have ended with 2 movies? :lol:

• 4 months later...

Damn Bale! His credibility is undermining my preconceived negative opinion of this sequel. Well, that does it then. My only hope to save face at this point is to have Christian Bale meet with an unfortunate injury that prevents his involvement in these sequels I so fervently wish to despise. Don't worry Christian, I'll go easy on ya :):lol::wacko:

Well he was in Shaft.

Jesus CHRIST. I saw that at the cinema and had forgotten EVERYTHING about it until I read your post. Even now all I can recall is that Sam L Jackson was in it.

I cannot remember any other time that has happened... then again, that would make sense, I guess. Still, it's a pretty rare thing, so kudos to Shaft and its ability to be totally erased from memory in an instant. Yay!

T4 will be called: "Terminator Salvation: No Fate but what we piss on"

Bale has been in bad films, watch him in Rescue Dawn. His portrayal of Dieter was a pretty bad performance for me, very forced. Terribly mannerisms and accent.

I never understood the criticism that some have directed at SHAFT. I actually liked it. Bale put in a great performance in that movie (though he was pretty much riding the wave of the character he played in American Psycho).

And anyway, any chance for Richard Roundtree to take one more crack at playing Shaft is fine by me.

Anton Yelchin is playing Kyle Reese, and his prep has been unbelievable. The guy's been watching all three Terminators incessantly and he’s definitely going to capture the essence of the character Michael Biehn created in Cameron’s first film.

ummm... this guy?

anton-yelchin-teen-vogue-young-hollywood

The newest actor playing Kyle Reese is also playing Pavel Chekov in the new Star Trek. I can't really see him playing Kyle Reese. He looks to much like a kid, and not a tough one at that. But I'll wait to see how this/these movie/movies turn/s out.

Well shouldn't he be younger though? I mean this is supposed to take place before Terminator 1, and is about the rise of John Connor as the great leader he will be. So in essence most of the supporting cast might be younger. Christian Bale doesn't at all look as old as John did in the earlier movies and that's because we aren't supposed to be there yet. We will most likely get the badass version of reese in the third movie