Terminator Salvation, colon, Really Long Movie Title

bsu legato

Anybody see the flying HK in the SC Chronicles TV show this week. I liked the look and swept wing effect was cool. Surprised it didn't mow them down when it surfaced from the pit also that no one ran away. Is there any info on what the scales of HKs are, I'm guessing they were trying to mimic the small HK seen in the 3rd movie. They just seemed so much larger in the first two movies.

HLJ.com has the T-600 and T-700 up for Early Bird, but they are a bit pricey...

T-600: http://www.hlj.com/product/HTT17253

T-700: http://www.hlj.com/product/HTT17254

T-700 Factory: http://www.hlj.com/product/HTT17251

On ET yesterday there was a short video showing nothing but brand new footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt1ZV1bOJGs

There might be a new trailer up at "Yahoo! Movies" on Tuesday, March 3rd.

Edited by OmegaD3k

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/need-to-kn...-salvation.html

If Skynet was really smart, it'd make little swarming bee terminators. Give them a little poison stinger and set them loose. No defense against it, and no need for ridiculous inefficient human-sized robots with Austrian accents, and concentration camps.

Unless, of course, Skynet really loved us instead of hated us.

Hell yeah..looks good.

Is that "guy" who thinks he,s human mean,t to be Arnie,s character?...or as the trailer suggests..."forget the past"!!

New trailer is up and is showing MORE stuff...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810025211/trailer

That new trailer is really.....REALLY EFFING COOL.

I love the NIN song "The Day the World Went Away" as the main song in it. (Well, the only song apart from the traditional Terminator sting at the end).

I think that I would like to see this movie. ( And I didn't even bother to see T3 )

Taksraven

New trailer is up and is showing MORE stuff...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810025211/trailer

HOLY :ph34r:

And Marcus.....i'm not sure if they revealed it earlier but i only got to know about him from the trailer....what a twist.

And the bipedal HK looks moer and more like Robocop 2. :blink: It even has the chest hands.

Ok, why do all the people in the trailer seem so shocked by the humanoid terminator infiltrators, wouldn't John have warned everyone about what was coming? Even he seems surprised by it in some of the shots. I know some things are different than he expected, as the voice over says, but the endos should be old hat for him.

Ok, why do all the people in the trailer seem so shocked by the humanoid terminator infiltrators, wouldn't John have warned everyone about what was coming? Even he seems surprised by it in some of the shots. I know some things are different than he expected, as the voice over says, but the endos should be old hat for him.

It sounds like (to me) that these are people being converted into terminators who don't realise afterwards what has happened to them. I always got the impression that the Arnie style units were completely fabricated by Skynet and NOT converted humans.

Maybe these "converted human" style units are then reintroduced back into human society to go about their normal business until they receive their attack orders. (Manchurian Candidate anyone?)

OR maybe these units cannot be detected by dogs??

I could be completely wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.....

Taksraven

I believe this was spoiled already on another site, but I will protect it anyway:

Marcus is not made by Skynet and he's not a Terminator, he's a present-day death row inmate who donated his body to science and was converted into a cyborg after his lethal injection. In the future, Skynet is studying him in order to figure out how to make better Terminators.

I believe this was spoiled already on another site, but I will protect it anyway:

Marcus is not made by Skynet and he's not a Terminator, he's a present-day death row inmate who donated his body to science and was converted into a cyborg after his lethal injection. In the future, Skynet is studying him in order to figure out how to make better Terminators.

That could be part of how it seems most of the time one hand of baby Skynet doesn't know what the other is doing in the tv show. Would be interesting to see it all played out to work with each other instead of another contradiction.

That's kind of disappointing and abit contrived. I liked the cylon-nesque theory better like what taksraven suggested. :(

It would suggest that pre-judgement day technology was able to

make someone into an android and even that is abit far fetched for the Terminator universe. Strangely, i had a nightmare once when i was a young boy on how Skynet captured me, sawed off all my limbs and performed surgery to turn me into a terminator. When I woke up and realised what happened to me, i jumped off a cliff and woke up. It was pretty vivid and i remember it till this day

:ph34r:

That's kind of disappointing and abit contrived. I liked the cylon-nesque theory better like what taksraven suggested. :(

It would suggest that pre-judgement day technology was able to

make someone into an android and even that is abit far fetched for the Terminator universe. Strangely, i had a nightmare once when i was a young boy on how Skynet captured me, sawed off all my limbs and performed surgery to turn me into a terminator. When I woke up and realised what happened to me, i jumped off a cliff and woke up. It was pretty vivid and i remember it till this day

:ph34r:

I'm still wondering why you included your nightmare inside the "spoiler" item. :lol:

i agree with you, though. i'd rather Marcus was a sleeper agent made by skynet, much like Boomer and other sleeper cylons. otherwise, it would give the impression that another group (other than skynet) built a machine that is more advanced than your typical terminator. besides, what's more dramatically compelling than a comrade that could turn on you any time against his own will?

oh well, but that's all speculation. i guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

I dunno about that, but didn't they make the Sarah Connor Chronicles to retcon the terrible T3?

No, not really. SCC and the movies use different continuities as they fit their stories. Obviously, the direction T3 went won't exactly work for a TV series that needs to run for a while. So they adjusted it from T2 and went on their own road from there for the sake of a TV serial. Now for Salvation, IIRC, they wanted to spawn 3 new movies. They could use T3 and then make their way back to the original, but where would be the fun in that. So the used T3 as the starting point and then tweaked it from there, hence all that business of "this is not the future my mother told me about..."-line. So the movies follow their continuity and the TV series follows its own continuity for the sake of storytelling.

No, not really. SCC and the movies use different continuities as they fit their stories. Obviously, the direction T3 went won't exactly work for a TV series that needs to run for a while. So they adjusted it from T2 and went on their own road from there for the sake of a TV serial. Now for Salvation, IIRC, they wanted to spawn 3 new movies. They could use T3 and then make their way back to the original, but where would be the fun in that. So the used T3 as the starting point and then tweaked it from there, hence all that business of "this is not the future my mother told me about..."-line. So the movies follow their continuity and the TV series follows its own continuity for the sake of storytelling.

agreed on the tv series. it followed its own path from T2. even trying to synchronize SCC with T3 is an exercise in futility.

here's where i got the idea that they're gonna retcon T3:

- a write-up said that John Connor isn't the head of the resistance yet, but is actually more of a low-ranked officer at the start. this wouldn't tie in with the T3 end where he and his future wife was already coordinating the surviving military units from the bunker.

- supposedly they're trying to get Linda Hamilton to do a voice-over to tie TSalvation in with the end of T2. of course i don't know how true this is, or if this is already debunked.

on a personal note, while i didn't hate T3 that much, trying to fit its events in between T2 and this upcoming TSalvation could be quite a task, and opens the possibility to a LOT of plot holes. i guess we'll never know until T Salvation finally comes out, but my personal preference would be to use T2 as the jumping point.

Edited by dreamweaver13

If what roger said in the spoilers isn't set in stone yet, a fan-theory of mine about Marcus' existence is due to John Connor's prior experience and knowledge of the T-800s, the T-800s ultimately failed in their designed purpose which was to infiltrate and assasinate key resistance leaders.

As a result, Skynet had to develop a better way of infiltrating the resistance.....which was to program and embed the thoughts of a captured resistance soldier into a terminator unit and make it in the soldier's likeness. Said terminator unit will think he's still a human until later activated by Skynet.

Don't bother if I were you.

It is a bad Terminator movie.

Wasn't that bad...the only thing i felt bad about the show was it was the SAME OLD from the past 2 terminator movies. Same Arnie. Same running away from killer robot that is more powerful than the one protecting you. Same romping around the city.

If for anything else, i think you should watch it for the final scene where judgement day happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I would say watch T3.

I came into it completely unspoiled and totally didn't expect the ending - even though, in retrospect - it was kind of a foregone conclusion.

It's not a bad movie; it's just not ground breaking in what it does. But, I remember that I was at a REALLY rough point in my life when that movie came out - and for better or worse - being able to see Arnie as the Terminator made life easier.

I'm really psyched for Terminator Salvation.

My girlfriend has never even HEARD of the Terminator. I've decided to show her the original movie and skip T2 and T3 (she's not big on action movies). I told her the first film is a love story.

She'll come see Salvation with me when it hits theatres :)

I'm actually more excited about Terminator Salvation than I am about TF2 ...

I like what I read about no blue screens and classic hands-on FX - and it's Stan Winston's last big blow out.

Cool.

Will be epic for sure.

Just hope it isn't like Aliens 4.

I got that vibe with the somewhat large cast of characters...

Please don't be Aliens 4 :)

Pete

Hmm VFTF1...I would probly also show her T2 after T1. It's less of a straight action movie and much more in depth character-wise. Put another way, it's both my mom and girlfriend's favorite movies period. And mom REALLY isn't into action flicks.

Well... it kind of depends on her mood I guess.

I showed her Alien, and she was really terrified- I mean - she was sweating and couldn't sleep and actually couldn't watch the rest of the movie (she stopped watching and asked me to turn it off when Ripley was the only one left of the Nostromo and was trying to get to the escape ship, but the Alien blocked her path)... I've never seen anybody so frightened of that movie.

I think part of it is that she has never been to the United States and she grew up under communism in Poland - so really, the ENTIRE horror/action/sci-fi genre that has been developing in the west for quite a few decades now is totally unknown to her. Also, her interests and inclinations are very domestic and womanly; so - for instance - she is very familiar with western cinema just as long as it's suspense, psychological thrillers, romantic comedies...chick flicks if you will... she hasn't even seen Star Wars (ANY of them)....

She did managet o make it through MadMax - all the way to the end - although she was horrified at the stuff in that movie too.

It's amazing to watch her react to these movies, because it's kind of like seeing how people reacted "the very first time" - imagine watching something like Alien or MadMax for the first time back in 1979 or whenever it was that it came out in theatres?

Nowadays, stuff like that is par for the course. Heck - there's even an Aliens vibe to one of the episodes of Frontier - and we recognize it as such. It's hard to "scare" us or authentically shock us anymore.

So - I consider her lucky - there's tons of stuff she hasn't been exposed to and when she is - she is scared :)

It's fun :)

Pete

Just hope it isn't like Aliens 4.

I got that vibe with the somewhat large cast of characters...

Please don't be Aliens 4 :)

Pete

Don't jinx the new Terminator film by mentioning that rotting, stinking corpse of a truly ruined franchise. (But I still think that we will see another dedicated Alien film within a decade, whether we want it or not.)

Taksraven