Damn Columbus Day!

sqidd

With a healthy fear of offending those of you that are currently celebrating Columbus Day by getting in you car….heading off for work…..and getting lost and ending up at a different job…..and staying and working there :blink:

….I'm PO’d its Columbus Day. I took today off (I take most Mondays off because I work most weekends) and I had it devoted to working on a Macross timeline/ available DVD chart and then I was expecting to have my Postal Truck show up about 11am and there is supposed to be at least 5 mechs in there for me. I was going to unbox them, set them up, make swooshing noises, re-arrange all of my shelves, etc. Now I won’t be getting those Mechs until Tuesday and I will be working. :angry:

I know collectively you all feel very sorry for me. :p

Rant over

I do feel sorry for ya sqidd. I have the same problem almost every time I order a toy.

Example:

On a wednesday, the tracking site shows that the package is due for delivery the next day.

The next day, I'm at work and when I get home there's a little form from the delivery guy that he'll be back the next day (friday), which of course I am at work again.

Friday night I get home from work and find another one of those stupid messages that he was at my door again and that I can pick it up the next monday. That's five day's after the initial delivery attempt damnit!

I don't blame them for me not being home, it's just frustrating to know that that beautiful mech toy is just a few miles away but I can't get to it. :angry::( :( <_<

Hey Squid I kinda feel sorry for you, But bear in mind that we in the U.K have suffered a postal workers strike since Thursday afternoon last week that will still be on till Wednesday this week, then they have to get rid off the national back log of mail etc. So all my plan to do stuff have been skuppered too.

I hate when the postman doesn't bother to deliver and just leaves the "failed to deliver" notice when someone is home.

Or worse yet, when he leaves it in front of my door without knocking. I live in an apartment complex for crying out loud. I've been lucky enough to not have someone walk off with my package yet. YET.

I hate when the postman doesn't bother to deliver and just leaves the "failed to deliver" notice when someone is home.

Or worse yet, when he leaves it in front of my door without knocking. I live in an apartment complex for crying out loud. I've been lucky enough to not have someone walk off with my package yet. YET.

not me...someone walked off with my Masterpiece Voltron.

not me...someone walked off with my Masterpiece Voltron.

Doh!

The worst part is they probably had no idea what it was an tossed it somewhere. How may theives would hev opened it up and gone

"Oh sweet!, a Masterpiece Voltron"?

That sucks man, it hasn't happened to me yet but I bet it will.

With a healthy fear of offending those of you that are currently celebrating Columbus Day by getting in you car….heading off for work…..and getting lost and ending up at a different job…..and staying and working there

Thats funny...not to get political but, yeah F Columbus..

Dante74 hit it right on the head. At least my post office has a quick pickup window for when they stop trying to deliver, but those little pink failure to deliver notices are a PitA.

HOW about getting home from running errands on your day off(Friday) only to find the mail came early(2pm as opposed to 4-5pm) and now you have to drive(hassle) to post office to pick up before it closes (hassle)

OR get up early Sat morn to pick up(hassle) knowing you are gonna be hung over/tired from Friday night antics?(BIGGER HASSLE)

Now your gonna be tempted to fit MacrossDay into this week or just wait til next day off?

Resist the urge.........

Edited by orguss01

Well Great our postal strike is nearing an end and they have just anounced another one we will get two days of deliveries if we are lucky untill the start of the next strike. I wouldnt mind but I have cheques in the post comming to me for payments of jobs etc and also a few things that are needed like bills and my insurance documents without which I cant work. Well over a week with out post and now more time without it.

Edited by big F

Sqidd,

I would LOVE to say that I feel sorry for you....But really I don't, unless you feel sorry for me. 3 packages were to arrive on mon. and I had to wait till today. And I still do not have them because my work sucks so bad that I am not even working in the office this week I am out in the field. So I will have to pick them up come tomorrow. :angry: =ME

Well postal strike is over till monday and I have recived mail that was posted on Friday but none of the mail that was posted before and durring the strike.

The postal workers thought they`d shift the back log doing overtime after the strike but the National Post Office said no overtime. The news said there were several million packages and letters that needed to be sorted. So the mail may be back to normal by April if they dont strike too much more.