So...what's your favorite science fiction series?

Ratchet

Another poll thread  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your fav sci-fi or Anime/Cartoon/movie series.

• Macross
    • Transformers
    • Star Trek
    • Gundam
    • Robotech
    • Stargate SG 1
    • Farscape
    • Babylon 5
    • Space Battleship Yamato
    • Marvel or DC Comic Cartoons/Movies
    • Star Wars
    • Battlestar Galactica (70s show)
    • Today's Battlestar Galatica
    • X-Files
    • Other...that's enough!

Mods...please do not delete this thread and humor me. I'm bored this early am :wacko:

I voted Star Wars because that's my all time favorite way back in the late 70s long before Transformers and Macross came out.

sci-fi series and you miss out on Babylon 5? No Stargate? sheesh...

Edited by Akilae

So far my favourite Live action sci fi show is Stargate SG1 & Atlantis

My favourite anime is zeta gundam

Edit:- Having this poll would be pointless since their are so many shows and it would be impossible to keep updating the list.

Edited by kung flu

Dude...if you don't like atleast one of the topic polls, then I've got to wonder about you. :huh:

I didn't say anything about not liking them. You asked for Favourite. And those are my Favourite shows.

But aside from those. I guess it would be the Blade Movies from Marvel.

Edited by ShadowerV2

Star Wars is my favorite, but mainly the Original Trilogy. The Prequels have some cool elements but it all just doesn't hold like the originals.

Cartoon / Anime? Macross, but it's pretty close to some other pretty good anime.

There is no other science fiction right now. Science fiction does not exist for me at this moment. There is only Battlestar Galactica (2004). :lol:

Macross, Star Wars, Firefly/Serenity, and X-Files are my favorites

I used to adore X-Files. But it's been so long since the series ended I forgot about it! Anyways, that was the last TV show I followed. I just don't care for much on what's on the tube these days.

Edited by Warmaker

I used to adore X-Files. But it's been so long since the series ended I forgot about it! Anyways, that was the last TV show I followed. I just don't care for much on what's on the tube these days.

It's probably no surprise how long I lasted with The X-Files, given how much I complain about television :) After three seasons, I was done. But it still was great for what it was. I liked the movie too. Never seen anything past that and from the sounds of things, I didn't want to :)

It's probably no surprise how long I lasted with The X-Files, given how much I complain about television :) After three seasons, I was done. But it still was great for what it was. I liked the movie too. Never seen anything past that and from the sounds of things, I didn't want to :)

It was the first few seasons that were really top notch, the best. I was still in my military MOS schooling as a Lance Corporal when the show started in '93. The show's timeslot was Friday 9pm. I had to watch the show. At the expense of going out on a Friday night! :lol:

At least I made up for my lack of a social life on a Friday night by going out hard on Saturdays.

The show was weird but it had lots of fun possibilities. It was also funny how far along they strung out the Mulder-Scully "relationship" ^_^ My friend who was a big fan also, she complained "How can they not do anything there!?!" I replied with: "That's for you to watch for the next episode or something. The producers have you with a hook now." :lol:

Anyways, it was't an X-Files episode unless:

- You had someone in total darkness using a flashlight, possibly a pistol with it.

--- You had the two FBI agents in the darkness, using flashlights, yelling "Mulder!" "Scully!"

- Aliens! Esp. the first couple seasons.

- Some hapless person gets killed or disappears in a miserable way.

- Mulder going on about his crazy theories

And more. It was fun while it lasted.

Anime: Gunbuster (But you already knew that.)

TV Series: Space: 1999 (Past) Firefly (Semi-Current) Stargate Atlantis (Present)

Movies: Logan's Run (Past. Star Wars is too much of a cliche because of its popularity.) Robocop (Old, but it's still better than some of the crap out there now.)

As the poll mentions series, I'm presuming this should be restricted to TV series, not movie trilogies or OVAs right?

And also to be fair, this poll should really be divided between the following categories IMO: -

1) Western live action TV Sci Fi series (e.g. Trek, BSG, Babylon 5 etc)

2) Japanese Anime TV Sci Fi series (e.g. Macross, Gundam etc)

3) Western cartoon TV Sci Fi Series (e.g. Err.....help me out here guys).

4) Japanese live action TV Sci Fi series (e.g. those crappy Sentai shows and err......?).

Graham