How to on customize painting for 1/55's

misterryno

Hey all...I am sure there is already a thread for this started. So can someone please point me in the right direction. I would like to know how people apply those nifty paint jobs for their 1/55's. I myself am not anywhere near great at customizing and painting. So I pretty much need a paint customizing for dummies point of view on this.

Hey all...I am sure there is already a thread for this started. So can someone please point me in the right direction. I would like to know how people apply those nifty paint jobs for their 1/55's. I myself am not anywhere near great at customizing and painting. So I pretty much need a paint customizing for dummies point of view on this.

As far as a thread on painting 1/55`s goes I dont think any of us has done one. But general consensous is you can do it one of two ways. With rattle cans, carpaint or Krylon seem to be best. They are great for durability of your gonna play with em and do transformations. If you want something for the display case them you can paint em up like models. It really depends on what you want to do and your experience in painting things.

The only real thing to remember is making sure the surfaces are keyed, clean and grease free or your paint wont stay stuck for long.

I'm not an expert or I'd do a step by step.

I'm still trying to find the elusive non-yellowing flat clear coat...

Ugh.

This is as close to perfect as I've come and it still yellowed some on me. P*SSES ME OFF.

Harriska-Blur-Fighter.jpg

Edited by Skull-1

I went looking for some of the same info about a month ago. Found some good threads here:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...1&hl=custom

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...3&hl=custom

...and here...

Specific Mods:

Thigh-Swivel Mod - Skull-1

Thigh-Swivel Mod - BigF

Nose Blister Mod

and some cool links here...

Examples

BigF Custom Chunkie

Jasonc VT-1

KidKorrupt's Homepage

KidKorrupt's Portfolio

Jung's Homepage

Skull-1 VT-1

Skull-1 1J "Harriska"

Hey all,

Thanks for your answers. I almost forgot that I even asked my question and then I was like "hmmmmmm I wonder if anyone has answered me". I will see what I can do here. I am by no mean good at customizing so I will have to see if I can even do anything. THANKS AGAIN :ph34r: