VF-4 Valkrie "Lightning III" & VF-2SS

505thAirborne

Hey Pioneers, Just wondering...again. Do you all think if we bug Yamato enough they would consider making the VF-4 Lightning III (Flashback 2012) and the VF-2SS (Macross II) in new the 1/60 scale size. Variable in all 3 modes. I only have the VF-2SS in the Bandai model kit and it is an amazing Valkyrie design, probably one of my favorites. and the VF-4 only in drawings. Though the VF-4 Lightning III is only seen for a few minutes on the screen, it is such an under appreciated design that needs to come to life!!!!

I guess my point is this, If Yamato is bothering to make both Stealth, Woodland camo and 25th Anniversary Valk's, then why not make 2 Valkyries that actually exist in the macross time line and make us fans happy. Even though Macross II was not the best of series and most prefer to trash it based on the story, the Valkyrie designs were awesome. The VF-2JA was a really good mecha design too.

I guess only time will tell as well your opinions.

A vocal minority of which I am one, wants Yamato to do the VF-4 Lightning III. I in particular would like it in 1/60 scale to keep it in scale with the current releases. I don't care if it's the FB2012 or MDMVFX version. I just want one. :)

I hated the Macross II valkyries. I don't have any interest in them, but I wouldn't wish for them to be not made, since I know there are some people that like the MII valkyries.

Hey Pioneers, Just wondering...again. Do you all think if we bug Yamato enough they would consider making the VF-4 Lightning III (Flashback 2012) and the VF-2SS (Macross II) in new the 1/60 scale size. Variable in all 3 modes. I only have the VF-2SS in the Bandai model kit and it is an amazing Valkyrie design, probably one of my favorites. and the VF-4 only in drawings. Though the VF-4 Lightning III is only seen for a few minutes on the screen, it is such an under appreciated design that needs to come to life!!!!

I guess my point is this, If Yamato is bothering to make both Stealth, Woodland camo and 25th Anniversary Valk's, then why not make 2 Valkyries that actually exist in the macross time line and make us fans happy. Even though Macross II was not the best of series and most prefer to trash it based on the story, the Valkyrie designs were awesome. The VF-2JA was a really good mecha design too.

I guess only time will tell as well your opinions.

Yamato is all about the repaints...just like Takara. Dont get me wrong, i love both companies...thier product makes up 95% of what i collect, but after a while, repaints get so old.

if they want to continue to make money on the line...they need to break out some new material.

Graham has stated in the not-so-distant past that neither of these are going to happen. :(

That is really too bad.

I hope that he is wrong.

I agree that these valks would be awesome if Yamato could make them in 1/60.

I especially love the VF-4 . And I, with Sumdumgai, have posted wishes for this valk on the forums.

I would like to hope that with enough nagging anything is possible. I know it works a lot of the time for my two year old and his mom. But sometimes there are variables that make things very unlikely to impossible such a licenses, contracts and copyright problems. If these are not an issue for the VF-4 then I would say, lets keep screaming, kicking and biting until someone caves in. I also want to throw a temper tantrum to get yamato to make a regult.

My 2 cents.

Don't be so sure my friends, How many times have we heard, Never, NO , don't think so, Not gonna happen.... the squeaky wheel gets the oil and if companies want to stay in business, they will answer to their base if they want to keep making money. Look at Wave and their new SDF-1, They said that was it. No more.... Ummm, Now they have a newer version coming out, Why because people asked for it. Besides, you think that Shoji Kawamori wouldn't mind a few extra bucks in his pocket. He's gotta get some royalties for all this stuff. After all he designed them. Well except for the Macross II Valk's.

When you roll over and accept instant defeat, you never get what you want.

It would probably have to be a lot of people voting for it, and not only that but have a lot who are serious about buying one as opposed to "that would be cool". If Yamato manages to pull off a first release YF-21 with NO problems, I'd take the risk of picking up a first release 1/60 VF-4. If they keep up with their current track record, I'd wait for a second release with fixes, depending on the problems.

Every time a thread like this pops out, I cast my vote to the VF-2ss in hopes that Yamato changes its mind and finally produce one, so hgere I go again.

I think that the reason why Yamato has told us not to wait for those is because of the repaints (as Jeremy stated above). They could do a canon Lighting that might sell well and several repaints afterwards, but it's not such a popular mecha, so who would buy them? On the other hand if Yamato was a bigger company, maybe they could afford to do some obscure mechas once in a while for completion sake. Yamato has grown up a lot since the 1/48's, so there's always hope.

Should we do a poll to see how many Macross World Forum people would buy a Yamato 1/60th VF-4? Then Graham could present that to Yamato to prove there is a demand. Then they could supply? What thinks?

There was a poll some time ago about wich obscure VF's would you want to be made by Yamato. I think the VF-2ss won followed closely by the Lighting, but it ended there. Now, there's this sick thread/game about finding out what is Yamato making right now, using Graham sigs as clues. I hope there's a connection there. ^_^

That VF-2SS from Macross II is my all time favorite Valkyrie. Its not even something I grew up watching as a kid back in the 80's, still i'll take it over the VF-1 line anytime. I sure hope Yamato makes one of them as accurately as possible. I'll definitely buy a case or two. I love it so much that i'm willing to sell my other Valkyries (vintage or new). So come on Yamato, there's money to be made and a business to be kept operable.

id buy the Lightning III in a heartbeat. Its a beautiful design. I said somewhere earlier that im not a fan at all of the YF-21 or the Ivanov...so i wont be buying either one of those.

I'm not a fan of Macross Zero lines at all. Mac + , I'll buy and only if they are 1/48th scale.

I'm not a fan of Macross Zero lines at all. Mac + , I'll buy and only if they are 1/48th scale.

i like the YF-19, just not the 21. I really like the VF-0S, but i cant stand the SV-51. id like to see a custom VF-0S with strike armor.

Edited by Jeremy007

To answer you Ratchet, First Yamato put out the Original 1/60 Diecast VF-1 Valkyries, (Which I have almost all of those, Love the VT-1 and VE-1) Then they knocked us out with the larger 1/48 scale. (I only have a few of those...$$$$)

But for what ever reason when Yamato released the Macross Zero line of Toys, they were resized as 1/60 scale. But are the same size basically of the 1/48 scale.

So when you read everyone saying I'll take it in 1:60, Just think the 1/48 scale Valkyries.

I personally love the MACROSS DYRL SDF-1. But if WAVE does anymore projects. I hope to see a Larger TV version.

Well I'd like to point out that there were a lot of members here on MW screaming bloody murder at the thought of 1/48 M+ valkyries. "Way too big!" was what they said. I wouldn't have minded, and still don't. But, now that Yamato is ditching 1/48, and establishing 1/60 as the scale they'll be doing things in, go 1/60! :)

Yeah, all Valks (except the VF-1), are about the size of a 1/48 in 1/60 scale and have just as much detail, so I think 1/60 is a reasonable scale for most releases. Of course I wouldn't mind a "More Perfect Than Perfect Transformation Masterpiece Ãœber Fans Edition Mac Plus 1/48" line :)

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Yeah, all Valks (except the VF-1), are about the size of a 1/48 in 1/60 scale and have just as much detail, so I think 1/60 is a reasonable scale for most releases. Of course I wouldn't mind a "More Perfect Than Perfect Transformation Masterpiece Ãœber Fans Edition Mac Plus 1/48" line :)

Add to the exceptions the VF-4, VF-11, VF-17, and VF-5000. :) They're small too. The Macross Compendium doesn't list size for the VF-3000, VF-9, or VF-14. The VA-3 is pretty large, and well... The Koenig Monster is a monster. :p