How much did you pay? / best place to buy?

shinobi-wan

Hi, i thought it would be helpful for people to know where we purchased our macross/robotech products, how much everything was with shipping and how fast shipping was in order to find the best deals. So here is my first contributing post....

I bought from Lost and Found Toys www.laftoys.com :

(1) 1/48 Deluxe Set VF-1J Max Jenius - pre-order= $197.95

(1) 1/48 Deluxe Set VF-1J Miria Jenius - pre-order= $197.95

plus a free Flexi-stand for each set

shipping (UPS Ground)= $13.52

total= $409.42

Shipped: 9/28/07

Recieved: 10/2/07

(the main reason i started this is b/c it seems like when i had received my products, everyone that ordered the same products from www.hlj.com were still waiting for theirs to be shipped. So i'm interested in knowing how much the same products cost from HLJ for future purchase considerations. (and plus, HLJ never gives an exact shipping cost at time of purchase.))

I would order ALL of my Macross toys from Los at laftoys.com if he weren't in the same state as me. Because he is located in Texas (where I live), I have to pay 8.25% sales tax on anything I order from him. I have ordered several smaller/cheaper items from him in the past and his prices are generally very good and his customer service is unrivaled.

I would order ALL of my Macross toys from Los at laftoys.com if he weren't in the same state as me. Because he is located in Texas (where I live), I have to pay 8.25% sales tax on anything I order from him. I have ordered several smaller/cheaper items from him in the past and his prices are generally very good and his customer service is unrivaled.

Yeah, there are a lot of shops with good reps here in CA and I always find myself deciding not to buy from them because the tax is too much to cope with (same 8.25%). For that reason, and for time and typically better prices, I usually just import directly. I try to wait until there are like 4 things I want at a store to save a tiny bit on shipping.

I am located in FL.

I order all of my Macross and Masterpiece items from LOS @ LostandFoundtoys. Excellent customer service and fast shipment.

I got my YF-19+FD+FPs off of Tam at Twin Moons for $227.99+8.25% tax. I didn't have to pay shipping because he let me come pick it up. :) I didn't have to worry about my 19 being destroyed in the mail, lost, or stolen, since I went to pick it up in person. Then again, it would help if you lived in So. Cal. :p

Otherwise I go through HLJ. If Kevin revives Valkyrie Exchange, I know I'll be buying from him again. :)

I once bought my Stealth Super/Strike Special set from a seller on Ebay named Samurai-Monkey (i believe he may be a member here and i think he may have a site now) for $200US shipped from Japan to Canada. I very much recommend him as it was a very good experience.

I havent actually tried these guys yet, but i fully intend to next month.

http://www.angolz.com/home/storebrowse.aspx

Now everyone here should know that LAFtoys.com is the way to go. BUT...I just checked this site out that you mentioned V....and I am SUPER DUPER HAPPY. I just got a 1/60 Macross Armored Parts for VF-1 from them for like 20 bones. Their clearance iems are to die for. AWESOME. Thanks for referring them.

I once bought my Stealth Super/Strike Special set from a seller on Ebay named Samurai-Monkey (i believe he may be a member here and i think he may have a site now) for $200US shipped from Japan to Canada. I very much recommend him as it was a very good experience.

Heh, yep I am a member here, have been for quite some time. Thanks for

the recommendation! ^_^

Rob

Can anyone tell me where to find the "Valkyrie Super Pack Parts Set" for the 1/48 scale valks? HLJ.com has them on backorder only and I'm waiting for over 2 weeks now :'(

--edit--

I searched for HoHoTyos on ebay... is this the seller you were talking about (@ sqidd)? If so, he has many of them SEE HERE . But of course Onlinestores would be much better, if someone should know one which has the pack parts in stock.

Edited by Lukas

no one in there right mind should pay $65 + $18(shipping)for the strike part sets...no one.

if you hang out over at the FS section, you'll almost always find a set for $50 or so.

granted its "used" but these don't really suffer loose joints or parts wear.