Customized GU-11 gunpod

redfinger61

I am in the process of building the 1/72 armored batteroid, you know the resin kit that you usee with the Hasegawa kit?? Anyway I am looking at this kit and I am loving how beefy and tannk-like the VF looks with all this armor on...but then, you look at that little GU-11, and it just really looks so plain a little next to all that armor. So I was thinking of beefing up the gun, maybe adding some sensor greebles, maybe scratch building a launcher that mounts to the bottom, I am thinking of the grenade launcher that mounts to the bottom of a M-4 or M-16 something along those lines.

I know it is not cannon but I thin it would look pretty cool...what do you all think?

Ashton

Eh... its already got enough missiles. An anti-armor bayonette would be cool ala Macross plus. Also you could attempt to make it a reloadable variant. That would likely entail the top part of the rifle being a detatchable clip, so beefing it up.

Personally I've just added an extra VF-11 gunpod I had to a VF-1. I thought it reflected the 2020 time period I wanted my fighter to be in.

Eh... its already got enough missiles. An anti-armor bayonette would be cool ala Macross plus. Also you could attempt to make it a reloadable variant. That would likely entail the top part of the rifle being a detatchable clip, so beefing it up.

Personally I've just added an extra VF-11 gunpod I had to a VF-1. I thought it reflected the 2020 time period I wanted my fighter to be in.

why not all 3!! lol :)

• 2 weeks later...
I am in the process of building the 1/72 armored batteroid, you know the resin kit that you usee with the Hasegawa kit?? Anyway I am looking at this kit and I am loving how beefy and tannk-like the VF looks with all this armor on...but then, you look at that little GU-11, and it just really looks so plain a little next to all that armor. So I was thinking of beefing up the gun, maybe adding some sensor greebles, maybe scratch building a launcher that mounts to the bottom, I am thinking of the grenade launcher that mounts to the bottom of a M-4 or M-16 something along those lines.

I know it is not cannon but I thin it would look pretty cool...what do you all think?

Ashton

How about adding an additional barrel and receiver on top and maybe even some optics. It could be a piggy back long range “sniper” armor piercing setup for taking out bad guys from a Looooooooookg way away. That would certainly “beef up” the gun pod. You could eve add a 10-20 round magazine to it so it’s complete.

Ashton

it doesnt matter if its cannon or not, if it looks cool and you want to do it, then do it ^_^

How about adding an additional barrel and receiver on top and maybe even some optics. It could be a piggy back long range “sniper” armor piercing setup for taking out bad guys from a Looooooooookg way away. That would certainly “beef up” the gun pod. You could eve add a 10-20 round magazine to it so it’s complete.

Yeah, I actually built a little mock launcher and it didnt look right mounted on the GU-11, so I began to rethink my idea and was thinking of something along the sasme lines as what you ahve described. The one problem I forsee is making it look a little "gundam-ish" so I will mock something up again and we will see how it goes....

Ashton