Data Needed on Hikaru and TV fastpacks

sqidd

Can someone fill me in on what a 1/48 Yamato Hikaru with TV fastpacks is?

Was it some sort of limited release?

Is it a “A” or “J” configuration

Were they boxed as one, or were they sold separately?

Anyone have an y pics to show me?

Is a MISB one worth $225 plus shipping?

Thanks

Jason

It's the VF 1J and it comes with a different colored fastpack then the others. From my understanding it's a bit more green then blue. I just purchased one from Evil Porkchop and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival.

yes they were boxed as one.

Yeah, I got one from the Valk Exchange. I just wanted to make sure I was getting something "Special". Not just any ol VF-1J and a random set of "different" packs.

I am not interested in stacking VF-1's up to the roof just because they are different colors. But, I do want an excuse to get more VF-1's B))

I have three VF-1S's with FP's. Thats because it's my favorite paint job of them all. So there is my excuse for that.

I have one VF-1J with GBP armor, that is kind of "special", so there is my excuse for that.

I now have a VF1-J Hikaru with TV fastpacks on the way and that one is sold as a limited kit, so there is my excuse for that one.

I need a few more excuses I think :) Any ideas?

I now have a VF1-J Hikaru with TV fastpacks on the way and that one is sold as a limited kit, so there is my excuse for that one.

It was not a limited edition release, it just hasn't been re-released as of yet. Yamato may very well decide to re-release it at some point in the future. Of course, if they don't, then at least you'll have one :D

I know what you mean, I have versions of all the 1/48th Yammies and it's sad there aren't anymore to get other then the 25th anniversary edition. The only answer once you have them all is to customize. One of my favorites is still the VF 1D and hopefully soon I will be getting one. I've already taken one CF and made it into a Kakizaki TV version. I plan to make a VF 1J Command Colors out of a CF and then a Max TV version most likely using an angel bird since it's my least favorite. I've tried to get a CF brown 1J head but with no luck. I will have two Hikaru 1J versions after I get my fast pack set so I think i will cannabilize my earlier one for the head. Be careful because once you start it's hard to stop. I keep thinking of new ways to add to my collection with the leftovers. Like taking one of my VF 1S anniversary versions and giving it my cf 1a head. Taking the Hikaru body and adding the 1S head and making a "Jetfire" version.

Hikaru's TV "J" with TV armor. The armor is a greenish color as opposed to the navy blue DYRL armor. The arm armor is also different and doesn't hold the gunpod very well. That is the only drawback to the TV armor.

No.

"J"

Together. You can also buy Hikaru's TV "J" without the armor.

Not me B))

That's the average price on ebay.

I am not interested in stacking VF-1's up to the roof just because they are different colors. But, I do want an excuse to get more VF-1's B))

I need a few more excuses I think :) Any ideas?

A couple more excuses for spending money. . . the VF-1J Stealth and the VF-1A Low Visibility scheme have a different pilot sculpt.; I guess the DYRL Hikaru VF-1S also qualifies as having a different pilot sculpt, too. Also, the VF-1J Stealth Super/Strike Parts combo has a really big, special looking box! :lol:

The big difference in the fast packs are the arm armors, the color difference is minor:

DYRL%20vs%20TV%202.JPG

Here's a blurry pic of what you'll see when you open the lid:

Super%20Hik%20148%20small%201.JPG

and since Hikaru didn't ever pilot a super 1J you may find yourself doing what I did... that is giving his fast packs to one of your Roys to make a quasi TV Super Hikaru (in VF-1S)

TV%20Roy%20small%204.JPG

A couple more excuses for spending money. . . the VF-1J Stealth and the VF-1A Low Visibility scheme have a different pilot sculpt.; I guess the DYRL Hikaru VF-1S also qualifies as having a different pilot sculpt, too. Also, the VF-1J Stealth Super/Strike Parts combo has a really big, special looking box! :lol:

I had the stealth and I traded it away. I do agree it looked outstanding, but it didn't display well. From ten feet away it was just a black Valk shaped thing. Only when very close did the detail pop out at you. What did I expect right; it is stealth after all. I should have considered myself lucky to see it at all :huh: Compared to the dramatic Anime colors that can be found on most models the stealth was a bit underwhelming.

A low vis would be cool, but I am having a hard time justifying the $300+ price for one. It's just speculation but I'll bet that the value of these is at its peak right now, not exactly a great time to buy. At least that’s what they taught me in economics :)

I doubt I will get another Hikaru. I have two now with this TV version, one more that is slightly different, is not setting of the buying alarm bells in my head.

I wouldn't mind a woodland camo jobbie if I could find a lot of 1/48 support equipment and then make a diorama of it hanging out in the trees getting a service done or something. That would be a pretty cool setup. The big problem being the diorama, everything I have found are models and I just don’t have the time/talent to paint them up to something I would consider acceptable.

film at

The big difference in the fast packs are the arm armors, the color difference is minor:

Here's a blurry pic of what you'll see when you open the lid:

and since Hikaru didn't ever pilot a super 1J you may find yourself doing what I did... that is giving his fast packs to one of your Roys to make a quasi TV Super Hikaru (in VF-1S)

TV%20Roy%20small%204.JPG

Thats what I thought. I seem to remember in SDFM that the first time the Fastpacks were shown Hikaru was flying Skull 1 as fast as he could to help Max out when the transport ship with Misa was attacked on the way to UN headquarters. I have a few episodes left in SDFM and I was wondering if Hikaru ever flre a VF-1J with Fastpacks. I guess not.

So you seem to have the most accurate representation. You have a replica of what Hikaru flew the first time fastpacks were shown.

I can do this, I have three Fokkers one in each mode. Maybe I need another so I can set it up with the TV fastpacks.

I can't remember, did Hikaru every fly a VF-1J with red accents? I'm guessing when he got Max and Kazakaki (sp) as wingmen he upgraded from the A to the J. Is that correct?

So if I were to have a correct Hikaru Mech "timeline" I would need

- What was the first mech he piloted, the one he crashed into Macross city? It was a two seater trainer of some sort. Is there an example of that for sale somewhere?

-Then he would have gotten a VF-1A with red strips

-Next would be a VF-1J with red stripes when he became wing commander

-And after Fokker dies he got "Skull One"

-And last he got "Skull One" with TV fastpacks.

Is the above correct?

it was a brown vf-1j he trained in, let me see if i can get a screen cap.

Looks like he started with the VF-1D, then in training in a brown VF-1A, switched to a VF-1J, then he got his white/red VF-1J, then Roy's VF-1S.

post-479-1191516024_thumb.jpg

post-479-1191516031_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chowser

Thanks

Jason

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00150.jpg