Dragon Ball movie rescued from dev hell?

I'd still prefer asian (Japanese first and chinese after whichever) for an Live Action Macross.

Let's hope the good people of Japan decide to one up those pricks at HG and whoever else from Hollywood

bring out for the Robowank movie. Seems like i am anti-hollywood doesn't it. :p I don't want cheese.

It's gotta be unbelievably good for hollywood to make a decent RT movie... crap they won't even have original Valks.

That's a real plus for the Japs to make a proper Macross Live action ala DYRL? with line-art Valks.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 5 weeks later...

From the Anime News Network:

Heroes' Lee Auditions for Dragon Ball Z Movie

During his November 11 panel at Pacific Media Expo in Los Angeles, actor James Kyson Lee (Heroes television series' Ando) said that he is trying out for the role of Yamcha in 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball manga. He says that the movie is planned for a 2010 release and that he approved of the script so far. He also said that he was a childhood fan of manga such as Dragon Ball and Takehiko Inoue's Slam Dunk -- of which he had read the entire run.

• 1 month later...

Ok here's some images of the cast! (coz i don't know half of them!)

Here's Piccolo - (James Marsters)

300px-Spike.jpg

:edit: first pic didn't load here's another ... :lol: Who's this guy anyways? He'll look decent enough all green with antennas. :lol: :editedit: ahh from Angel series, never watched it.

Chi Chi - (Jamie Chung)

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/1512166/HH/...=Chung,%20Jamie

hottie!

Bulma - (Emmy Rossum) [Day After Tomorrow chick..]

Emmy_Rossum.jpg

:D niceies

Yamcha - (Joon Park) [in Speed Racer too? ]

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2684445/

Mai - (Eriko Tamura} [they reckon she's like the britney spears of Japan, whatever]

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/0848772/HH/...Tamura,%20Eriko

ack, didn't read, here's G O K U - (Justin Chatwin)

justin_chatwin.jpg

aaaaaahhhh, He's the knob from War of the Worlds.

So so cast, Piccolo looks cool enough, and Chatwin... meh!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 4 months later...

sorry, some things just can't be live action, just can't. This is one of them. Another is Dr. Seuss. I'm glad they finally realized that and went CGI with the new one. I still have a problem with taking a 15 page book and turning it into a 2 hour movie.

I will watch this movie IF the include the Lucky Star version of Cha La Head Cha La!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MGeRSwIQKE

OMG that's fukcing awesome! I can't wait for the next volume of Lucky Star... almost as equally as I can't wait not to see this live action DBZ movie. As for live action, I think the Hong Kong movie is about as close as it can come to being decent. That movie held its own, and revelled in its cheese factor.

I just want to comment again on how awesome that Lucky Star clip is, as I've now finished listening to the whole thing...damn, that's why I watch anime!

Edited by Keith

: / I'm curious to see how this turns out, but maybe hollywood will learn their lesson after seeing how Speedracer did poo in the boxoffice it's opening weekend.

I just wish they had learned their lesson after, say, the live-action Fist of the North Star.

sorry, some things just can't be live action, just can't. This is one of them. Another is Dr. Seuss. I'm glad they finally realized that and went CGI with the new one. I still have a problem with taking a 15 page book and turning it into a 2 hour movie.

Three words - Super Mario Bros.

Will the movie be really long and have scenes of powering up or conversations when they should be fighting? Coz thats all I recall of DBZ...

Yes. At the start of the movie Goku will begin charging, at which time, Goku will recount everything leading up to that very moment in real-time, thereby fulfilling the 2-hour power-up requirement. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
I just want to comment again on how awesome that Lucky Star clip is, as I've now finished listening to the whole thing...damn, that's why I watch anime!

I'm kind of amazed that you of all people, who absolutely hates terible dubs, actually enjoys that crap.

Just because it's in Japanese does not make it good. Ugh.

I'm kind of amazed that you of all people, who absolutely hates terible dubs, actually enjoys that crap.

Just because it's in Japanese does not make it good. Ugh.

Well there's a difference between something which is bad on purpose to be funny, and something which tries to be good but just falls flat on it's face.