1/60 VF-1S Strike model kit

Major Focker

been trawling the forums all afternoon, but can't seem to find any info on this.

were there any 1/60 VF-1S Strike kits that featured at least this level of detail on the fastpacks?

Isn't that just the Yamato Toy?

I don't think anyone made a 1/60 valk. model.

Toys may adopt any old odd-ball scale, but modern models usually stick with the standards:

1/24, 1/32, 1/35, 1/48, 1/72, 1/100, 1/144, 1/200, 1/700, etc

edit: forgot 1/35

Edited by Phyrox

Isn't that just the Yamato Toy?

I don't think anyone made a 1/60 valk. model.

Toys may adopt any old odd-ball scale, but modern models usually stick with the standards:

1/24, 1/32, 1/35, 1/48, 1/72, 1/100, 1/144, 1/200, 1/700, etc

edit: forgot 1/35

yes that pic was of a 1/48 yamato toy. i really like the removable fastpack panels and exposed mini-missiles. i think the 1/48 Club M model also had this detail, not sure if it's also present in their 1/72. unfortunately the 1/60 yamato toys do not feature this.

the reason i'm looking for 1/60 models with this detail feature is that i'm planning to make a diorama with a VF-1S being serviced on one end, and on the other end a hangar of other valkyries (VE-1, VT-1, VF-1J, VF-1A) being refueled. this is basically one whole level of a long bookshelf, that will pull double-duty as a display setting and storage for my expanding 1/60 collection. so i'm hoping to make the scale consistent otherwise it might look odd to have a big 1/48 being serviced while the others in the hangar are distinctly smaller.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is a 1/60 toy or model out there that has the fastpack mini-missile detail...

Edit:

anyone know if any of fastpack model kits in other scales are close enough to the dimensions on the 1/60 toy so i can just kitbash? i've heard yamato sometimes fudges the scaling on the 1/60's..

Edited by Major Focker

been trawling the forums all afternoon, but can't seem to find any info on this.

were there any 1/60 VF-1S Strike kits that featured at least this level of detail on the fastpacks?

"At least this level of detail..." you won't find it in any toy for sure..but only in a Model; and even most of them have to be modified further to get something just close to that level of detail on the picture...you'd have to take a 1/60 apart and do some work on it..

There's a 1/72 Hasegawa model 'moded' just like the 1/48 Club-M..and this is how far he took it. One of its kind..

post-104-1191343651_thumb.jpg

Edited by 007-vf1

thanks 007, that VF looked sweet.

i am willing to take apart any toy or model and put some work in to get the effect i want, but fabricating parts might pose a challenge for me.

i found someone selling a Club-M 1/72 VF-1S. does anyone know if these have the mini-missiles in the fastpacks like in the Club-M 1/48 version?

also, would the 1/72 look out place beside a 1/60 VF-1 toy? grateful if anyone can post size comparison pics of 1/72 vs 1/60 VF-1S Strike and if possible side-by-side of just the fastpacks in the 2 scales.

many thanks

1/72 is aLOT smaller than 1/60... there really isn't any good option for the scales you can chose from (1/72, 1/60 (not really) or 1/48) wtihout either alot of modding and scratchwork, or just buying the 1/48 Ultimate Detail Strike Valk resin kit... you'll notice that there aren't many hangar dioramas or Macross valks out there for this very reason...

AND... if you check the main page of this site, you would find tons of details on all the models and toys you are asking about...

Edited by promethuem5

thanks for the info and insights, promethuem.

guess i'll just have to create a separate dio for the 1/48, or learn how to scratch-fab a 1/60 fast pack ^_^

i did check the main site gallery of toys and kits previously, but couldn't tell from what was there if the 1/72 Club-M had the mini-missile fastpack detail, or not.

Edited by Major Focker

thanks for the info and insights, promethuem.

guess i'll just have to create a separate dio for the 1/48, or learn how to scratch-fab a 1/60 fast pack ^_^

i did check the main site gallery of toys and kits previously, but couldn't tell from what was there if the 1/72 Club-M had the mini-missile fastpack detail, or not.

The club-M 1/72 doesn't have the missile fast pack detail.

The club-M 1/72 doesn't have the missile fast pack detail.

argh! i feared as much. thanks for confirming though.

does anyone have a close up pic of the FPs on this beauty?

i found a couple of old threads talking about this but the pictures were gone and the links seemed dead..

post-6173-1191517923_thumb.jpg

Edited by Major Focker

There's 3 ways I can see you making a Hangar Diorama with Valks.

1) Using 1/72 Hasegawa VF kits. If you want to have FAST Packs opened up / exposed, you will have to scratch build the internals for it. Otherwise, Hasegawa has a blinding array of VF-1 kits. You could also find 1/72 scale aircraft support equipment (tugs, lifts, etc), figures (i.e. maint.crews), etc. With a bit of scratch building for the FAST Packs, this is the most cost effective route, but alot of work building and painting all the VF-1's. It also will not eat up as much space as the other 2 options.

2) Using 1/60 Yamato VF toys. IIRC (and since I'm away from all my stuff), the FAST Packs can't be opened up like the 1/48 Yammies. But there is a good array of 1/60 VF-1 toys to really show a hangar with different VF's. But you'll need some modifying and scrathbuilding skills if you want to show opened up FAST Packs. Also, there are no figure / support equipment kits of this scale, since no model company makes anything in 1/60. 1/72 figures (pilots and maintainers) will be too small, I think, but I haven't tried. This will take a bit of time to put together, but not as much as the pure modelling aspect of Route 1. Route 2 is expensive simply because of the cost of a 1/60 toy. But not as much as...

3) Using 1/48 Yamato VF toys. You get all the bells & whistles of the 1/48 Valk toy lineup. The FAST Packs are nice and with a modeller's touch, can really, really stand out since the toy provides the base for addons / detailing. However, if you're interested in including "exotic" VF-1's like the Elintseeker, you're a**ed out, since Yamato hasn't bothered at all with them, only the regular variants, the armor, and FAST Packs. I also believe there are some ground crew & support equipment model kits in 1/48. There are of course 2 more problems with this route. 1) Cost! 1/48 Yammies aren't cheap, esp for multiple VF dioramas! 2) Alot of space will be taken up.

-- Replacing the FAST Packed, serviced VF-1 with a rare (and quite expensive) 1/48 Club-M Strike -1S is another route, but... you need this very rare kit to begin with ^_^ But it has all the detailing you'd need, I think.

thanks, warmaker.

i am going the #1 route for the service bay and hangar dio. just got the macross factory, though it is 1/100 scale, i can probably replace the obviously smaller service vehicles with the 1/72 hase service crew and equipment sets which i also just got. at first i wasn't planning on doing modelling, but i just can't get it out of my head now. can't wait 'till i get a long break from work.

i'm still doing #2 route but no servicing or hangar, just this scene instead for my 1/60 toys, with a little modification i also found these forums to make the yamato arm grasp the fastpacks.

the yamato arms are proving to be expensive though. same reason why i'm shying away from the 1/48 option. space too, is a constraint.

thank you for laying out the logic though, it gives me some affirmation on some of the choices i've made.

post-6173-1191751182_thumb.jpg

post-6173-1191751299_thumb.jpg

Edited by Major Focker