voltdomingo

first post too! and based in manila (most of the time).

been lurking quite a while, finally registered when a recent trip to HK rekindled my interest for all things macross.

just spent the past couple of weekends hunting down yamatos north to south (literally! trinoma, sm city, greenhills, megamall, goldcrest/glorieta, festival mall) and still that 1/60 VF-1S Strike Focker and 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru remains elusive...

so hard to find these in manila and so few toy stores that carry macross.

would you know if i missed any?

thanks!

been lurking quite a while, finally registered when a recent trip to HK rekindled my interest for all things macross.

just spent the past couple of weekends hunting down yamatos north to south (literally! trinoma, sm city, greenhills, megamall, goldcrest/glorieta, festival mall) and still that 1/60 VF-1S Strike Focker and 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru remains elusive...

thanks!

a warm welcome to you as well, MAJOR FOCKER! Hey, those 1/48 VF-1S HIKARU's shouldn't be hard to find on-line. The 1/60 STRIKE FOCKER is another story though, at least not for a reasonable price. But if you want, you can just go for the 1/48 which is a much bette re-incarnation to begin with anyway :D .

Edited by connor99

yeah, i'm going to get the 1/48 VF-1S Focker too (geez, this is an expensive hobby). otherwise what would a major focker be doing without his plane, right? ;)

i'm looking for the 1/60 VF-1S Strike though so i can make a custom VF-1S Strike Hikaru for a diorama i'm planning to make. you know the scene when hikaru let's loose on bodolza? the 1/48 would be simply too big for this, and the revoltech might not have enough detail..

also, i just scored a VT-1 and VE-1 and in negotiations for a VF-1D, so might as well complete the 1/60 cast, right? i would trade the VF-1D for a VF-1S Strike in a heartbeat though..

Edited by Major Focker

i'm a native of Cebu, Philippines.. and unfortunately (as far as i know of) i'm the only one who's into mainly collecting macross stuff here.. been hoping to meet other macross collectors from my place.. if there are any..

Were in Cebu bro? went to study there during my college years USC-TC. its good to know a fellow collector. was at Hobby shaft the last time, always hoping to find a macross collector ^_^

thanks!

I assumed you have been to Greattoys right?

Were in Cebu bro? went to study there during my college years USC-TC. its good to know a fellow collector. was at Hobby shaft the last time, always hoping to find a macross collector ^_^

haha.. I'm currently residing at Talamban Cebu, USC-TC is roughly a 5min drive from our place!

I saw some yamato macross stuff too at Hobby shaft (YF-19 and Stealth Valk) but apparently their prices are waaayy too expensive.. not so friendly to local hobbyist..

@connor99, havent been to their Makati Branch, only in their Taft and Greenhills branch :)

@major focker, goodluck in your search, Im sure there are still other toyshops there to be discovered ;)

@maverick, cool I know Banilad-Talamban very well, hope to see you there :D

yup, its still there, but no longer in the basment though. :) that's where i got my VF-1j, and the 1s and 1a are coming in this oct and nov.. ;)

Congrats on the latest acquisitions. How much did you get them for, if you don't mind me askin' :D ?!

Major Focker: have you tried wasabi toys? as far as i know, has the most decent prices for their macross items for those who wouldn't wanna buy overseas.. latest addition to their list are VF-1J M and M priced at P9,900.00 (roughly 210USD).. as for revoltechs, cheapest i know was from Best toys selling at P1,000.00 (roughly 21USD). too bad they ran out of stocks.

Major Focker: have you tried wasabi toys? as far as i know, has the most decent prices for their macross items for those who wouldn't wanna buy overseas.. latest addition to their list are VF-1J M and M priced at P9,900.00 (roughly 210USD).. as for revoltechs, cheapest i know was from Best toys selling at P1,000.00 (roughly 21USD). too bad they ran out of stocks.

thanks for the heads up. i did check out shoppesville but wasn't paying attention to the shop names, so not sure if i missed wasabi.

i looked up their web page though, and even if they didn't have the VF-1S Strike 1/60 Yamato, i did find a couple of things i was interested in. lucky break!

if anyone can recommend any on-line stores based in asia, i'd truly appreciate it. i'm trying to cut down on the shipping charges. would be great if there were more PH based on-line stores; easier to check what's available that way and don't have to worry about parking which can get really crazy in manila. so far i only know of greattoys and now wasabi as having any online presence.

Edit:

btw, that avatar you got there maverick, got me poking at my laptop screen a couple of times.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Major Focker

• 4 weeks later...

Good day to all! I'm currently staying here southern part of Metro Manila.

Are you guys really looking for Macross items or just toys? I'm selling a couple of Macross books and other items also.

Like what?

DYRL Comics Vol. 1 & 2 complete

Kazutaka Miyatake Design Works

Macross PS2 Game Book

Small Books: Series Encyclopedia, Guide Book, Amjuju DYRL

Figure Books: Minmay & Mylene

1/60 VF-19A Yamato

1/55 VF-1A Bootleg

Macross Kaiyodo Gashapons Sets 1 & 2