Where to find Ancillary Items ??

sqidd

I would like to set up a "working display" of some fighters getting worked on. Anyone got a link to a site that has either 1/48 or 1/60 sized military vehicles, figures, construction equipment, etc. The kind of stuff you would see on/in the deck/shop of an aircraft carrier.

Little trucks, missiles racks, deck hands, loaders, etc??

It depends where one lives. Hobby shops are notorious for very limited selections in smaller cities. Modelling and anime are already niche markets, so smaller population centers (like Ann Arbor) are unlikely to have large selections of varied merchandise.

The only online vendors I can think of that would have the stuff you're looking for sqidd would be places like Starship Modeller or Hobby Link Japan.

i think these are what you're looking for:

just google "ground crew" or "ground equipment" and add either hasegawa, revell, fujimi to narrow the search, or add 1/48, 1/60, 1/72 to really drill down.

i'm planning to build a diorama myself after i was inspired by this one:

http://www.chimera-art.com/cpg135/thumbnails.php?album=36

now i'm torn between doing 1/48 or 1/72. i like the 1/48 because of the mini-missile detail in the fastpacks, but most of the model kits for hangars are in 1/72.

post-6173-1191230097_thumb.jpg

post-6173-1191230135_thumb.jpg

post-6173-1191230164_thumb.jpg

post-6173-1191230365_thumb.jpg

Edited by Major Focker

I got impression the original poster might be looking for ready-made stuff rather than model kits.

Yeah I am, but thanks for the time you put in posting the links. I screwed around a bit the other night looking for stuff and couldn't come up with much. I did find some 1/72 stuff, but that's not quite going to cut it because I will be using 1/48's and maybe a 1/60.

The search continues!

thanks

i think these are what you're looking for:

just google "ground crew" or "ground equipment" and add either hasegawa, revell, fujimi to narrow the search, or add 1/48, 1/60, 1/72 to really drill down.

i'm planning to build a diorama myself after i was inspired by this one:

http://www.chimera-art.com/cpg135/thumbnails.php?album=36

now i'm torn between doing 1/48 or 1/72. i like the 1/48 because of the mini-missile detail in the fastpacks, but most of the model kits for hangars are in 1/72.

That Diorama is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Yeah I am, but thanks for the time you put in posting the links. I screwed around a bit the other night looking for stuff and couldn't come up with much. I did find some 1/72 stuff, but that's not quite going to cut it because I will be using 1/48's and maybe a 1/60.

The search continues!

thanks

Don't even bother looking for 1/60. I can't imagine you'll find much in such an odd scale.