1/60 super/strike packs

Phyrox

So, I never really got into collecting the 1/60 Vf-1s, and although I was around here at the time, I don't remember much about releases and availability and whatnot.

Were the strike/super packs for the 1/60s only available on the vf-1s releases, or where they ever sold separately.

If the later, where the hell can I find some. If the former I guess I am outta luck if I want some then.

I posted earlier in the wanted section about this, but this post is more for informational purposes, and less a fishing expedition.

Thanks for any help.

There were never any FAST Pack sets. They only ever came with the fighter prepackaged. Some aren't even compatible.
Doesn't this fact suck. It is REALLY to bad that they did not make a set.

:ph34r: MisterRyno :ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

They didn't make them as a set because the only valks that'd work with fast packs are the ones that come with them (and the VF-1D).

EDIT - That is to say, Yamato would have had to completely re-engineer fast packs that would work on the initial valks... and they'd have to work like takatoku Fast Packs or something.

Edited by jenius

They didn't make them as a set because the only valks that'd work with fast packs are the ones that come with them (and the VF-1D).

EDIT - That is to say, Yamato would have had to completely re-engineer fast packs that would work on the initial valks... and they'd have to work like takatoku Fast Packs or something.

Which is probably the reason why they focused their attention on perfecting the 1/48's. But of course, I'm still holding on to my 1/60 SUPER HIKARU 1J,he-he :lol::D !

The plan IIRC was going to include a new set of legs with the proper holes. This should have worked with everything but the first Hikaru 1A IIRC.

I would have bought a set for my Roy 1S and Max 1A, if not my 2 CF as well.

The plan IIRC was going to include a new set of legs with the proper holes. This should have worked with everything but the first Hikaru 1A IIRC.

Nah, that couldn't have been the plan. Whose legs would they have included? They used different shades of white for all the DYRL releases. Also, the backpacks wouldn't work either.

There were never any FAST Pack sets. They only ever came with the fighter prepackaged. Some aren't even compatible.

All my 2nd editions can swap the fast pack parts... they seem to all be compatible. The 2nd editions are all the valks that came with fast packs and the VF-1D. The VT and VE are kinda their own beasts.

They would have been new legs with paint jobs for the right model before the 1/60 CF (mass, not TRU), which IIRC was all set - Hikaru, Max 1A, Roy 1S and a new backpack piece, along with the FP and RMS1 missiles, as well.

Ah well, this is the perfect opportunity to revisit the VF-1 line with 1/48 improvements and transformation scaled down to 1/60. As long as they make BP8 and the swingbar die cast, everything else should be good. of course. This time, a GBP with removable missiles, etc.

If only it were that easy. The actual plan was to include a new set of legs, arms, and backpack since all those pieces need holes in them to attach the super armor. And like jenius said, the legs would have had to have been specific for Hikaru, Max, and the CF. The CF that was released had holes for the armor, but the holes weren't aligned properly so you had to stress the armor to get it attach.

I'm not sure why Yamato cancelled these, but I'd imagine Yamato didn't want to confuse fans any further, the cost for all these parts, and the then lukewarm market for Valkyries. Don't forget, at this time the market was flooded with Yamato 1/60's, Bandai 1/55's, Banprestos VF's, and Toynami's MPC's.

noob question, so please bear with me:

were there any 1/60 or 1/72 VF-1 toys (and/or model kits) that featured the mini-missile detail of the 1/48 FAST packs?

has anyone tried to kitbash a model kit FAST pack to a 1/60 VF-1 yamato?

planning to make a hangar scene but the 1/48's are proving to be too big.

thanks

WOW! thanks for the pics man! these are 1/60 scale, right?

ok, that's it. who do i have to kill to get these? :angry:

seriously, who makes these, where to get them...

appreciate any links, leads...

Edit:

um... wait. got over excited back there.

can the fast pack covers be removed to show the mini-missiles like these?

post-6173-1191303120_thumb.jpg

Edited by Major Focker

Those are taken from my review of the super releases HERE.

As to getting them... they run a pretty price now. Not quite 1/48 prices yet... but they're getting increasingly harder to get. The 1/60 is definitely an inferior product to the 1/48 so the days of thinking you got what you paid for are also long gone.