Misa Hayase with VF-1 cockpit

Ryuji

wow!!! sure looks good.

One thing about the seat, depending on the type of VF cockpit you are buliding, in DYRL I beleive the seat was designed to have "arms" that swung up from the side of it, manuvering jet for a space ejection perhaps? I know I saw a pic of it once, but I cant find it now. I think the 1/48 Ultimate detail valk has a really good examply of this.

Ashton

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for support! ^_^

About the cost of the kit... I think will be about US$110,00 (shipping included) :unsure:

I made a copy in resin of left side fuselage and as a solid part, use a lot of resin! <_< I was planning to build both sides, but after that, i gived up - the right side will be only a plastic sheet wall.

I tried to make a copy in polyester resin to reduce price, but solid part is too heavy!! <_<

Thanks for support! ^_^

About the cost of the kit... I think will be about US$110,00 (shipping included) :unsure:

I made a copy in resin of left side fuselage and as a solid part, use a lot of resin! <_< I was planning to build both sides, but after that, i gived up - the right side will be only a plastic sheet wall.

I tried to make a copy in polyester resin to reduce price, but solid part is too heavy!! <_<

Ryuji,

Can you just core out the fuselage side and just put some pins in to locate it to the side wall of the cockpit? Can you make a Vac-U-form part of the side? That way you can make it as thick or thin as you want.

I don't have vacuum tool...

An option is try to heat a 3mm plastic sheet over the resin fuselase to get the curve, then reforce with some structure and make a resin copy.

The original was an 1mm sheet and just glued to the structure.

• 5 weeks later...

Face expression is totally different... both looks great, anyway.

Great work, Ryuji! I'll be waiting my kit... :D

Edited by cool8or

Beautiful work as always, Ryuji!!

I guess I'm the weird one here, 'cause I think the open-mouthed one looks more like Misa. Must be something with the eyes on that one....

The eyes are exactly the same ... I just made a copy of the head and change the mouth. B))

(I don´t know why, but with closed mouth she reminds me Kazumi Amano from Gunbuster... :unsure: )

post-2149-1199709268_thumb.jpg

I have been out of touch during the holidays but great to be back on the forum to find an update to this thread. Although belated... Happy New Year to you all!

Now for business... Ryuji, when and where do you want me to send the check (or Paypal to be exact)?? I want 2 kits by the way... One to build and paint and the other to hand down to my son when he grows up (he's 2 now by the way..) :lol: