Misa Hayase with VF-1 cockpit

Ryuji

Hihi~~ Just some own opinion~~ hope u dun mind~ :p Actually agree wit Sdf-1, the eyes should be more small n darker.

MisaHead.jpgMisaM01.jpgMisaM02.jpg

I hv try use this as reference then use photoshop make some touch up. So here is wat I hv done"

1) Of cause the eyes will reduce bit small. White area can try bit less also. Or the iris make more darker.

2) The end of the eyebrows can try move bit lower or make it more straight so look more hesitation

3) As well as lips, make more straight or slightly smile~~ Misa lips should be very small i think.

4) Can add more thick for hair behind of her, I saw every reference the back side for her hair look more higher in every angel... not sure how look like if make it to 3D sculpt.

5) Can add few slice of hair to make it more like the reference. Or reduce some or make it short for left hair side .

Hope you dun mind bout it and sorry for my poor english~~~ :p

Edited by pandaren

Thanks for advices! ^_^ I will try these modifications, but first i will make a "backup copy" B))

So, in case of disaster (a made a lot in some projects in the past <_< ) I can try again in a new copy. :lol:

Looking good, though I agree that the face and hair need work. Remember that if you use the early TV hair with her curls, the back is curled up too. It rests right above the top point of the W. Uncurled, it's actually to her waist. You've got a mish-mash at the moment, and it's too short for the time period.

As for the uniform, the lineart in Perfect Memory has it how you have it, a W shape. Having designed a costume myself, I can tell you that the straight edge should go to the armpit, and the points are around a 70-80 degree angle, though you can go wider depending on how it comes out, but probably no more than 100. The back is much longer than the front.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Looking good so far :) but is it possible to close the hand up and make it straighter? At the moment she looks more as if she's waving instead of saluting.

like the reference? :mellow:

post-2149-1192488937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryuji

like the reference? :mellow:

The reference pic is of Minmay. She's not military so her salutes are going to look like she's waving or flicking her hair away but Misa is military and I'm pretty sure if you watch all her salutes she won't be flopping around like that. ;)

I believe that in the last episode of SDFM (TV series), Misa gives a salute to Hikaru right before she takes off. Of course, she is stopped short by the rogue Zentradi air raid and Hikaru catches up to her. That "salute" she gave was a memorable moment and the angle of her forearm is a lot more vertical. She has her hand in a straight line with her thumb tightly pressed against the side of her hand and not hanging loose. That scene I believe would be a good reference point. Hope this helps.

:mellow:

She is just in an informal pose...not in a military ceremony. :unsure:

Hey it's just an observation :)

I'd be more likely to buy one if she was "chucking a bone" (saluting) than if she just looked like she was swatting flies ;)

Hey it's just an observation :)

I'd be more likely to buy one if she was "chucking a bone" (saluting) than if she just looked like she was swatting flies ;)

Ditto.

I want her in the proper military bearing, not like some lame actor PRETENDING to be...

Ryuji, tough crowd here on MW, isn't it? But I believe every one voicing their opinions are being true to their feelings and their love for Macross. It it's not too much trouble, please show us the revised hand/arm pose for the salute. I am sure you will be able to manage this superbly. Thanks again for making this happen!

• 3 weeks later...

Ryuji, this is shaping up to be your best figure yet! The face is very close imo. I can tell what you mean, that something is not right, but it is very good already, and soo close that it is hard to pinpoint what needs to be modified. The face is closer to DYRL animation than the TV series.

Not that you need my advice, but I would make some test castings of the face, and experiment on those a little bit.

Fantastic work so far! Good luck and keep working on it. We're all sure you will get it! B))