What number was Max's VF-1S in DYRL?

sidearmsalpha

What was hikaru at that point was max his superior?

As i understand it, when Hikaru returns to the Macross, Max is the commander of Skull squadron and Hikaru is still just a team leader. So i guess Max got a promotion or two during the time Hikaru was gone.

What i want to know is if Hikaru became commander of Skull when Max got stranded with Millia?

Edited by RDClip

As i understand it, when Hikaru returns to the Macross, Max is the commander of Skull squadron and Hikaru is still just a team leader. So i guess Max got a promotion or two during the time Hikaru was gone.

What i want to know is if Hikaru became commander of Skull when Max got stranded with Millia?

Thanks that makes sence I totaly forgot that it must have been a little while before Hikaru and Misa where rescued so Max would have been next in line for command in skull squadron. Then the same when Max went missing with Millia.

Edited by warpaint22

What was hikaru at that point was max his superior?

Well they were gone for months aboard Vritiai's ship (fold space time is slower than regular time it appears) and then they were stranded on Earth for another month before the Macross arrived.

So Hikaru and Misa were presumed KIA until they returned. So it appears Max may have been third in Command of the squadron and thus given command in Hikaru's absence.

When Max was lost during his fight with Millia, Hikaru then assumed command of the Skulls, in DYRL. The TV series played out differently of course.

hahahaha, that's from macross 7...

That image is post DYRL signing peace treaty with the zentradi, I assume since both hikaru and max are active they keep thei VF1S, the thing is...who is 001???

It's been a while since I watched Mac7, in which episode does this scene appear ?

Thanks for the responses guys. I always assumed that there was more than one VF-1S which every team leader had in DYRL and that they all had the 001 number, but as you guys pointed out, there's usually only one VF-1S in the fleet at any given time. I guess in that Macross 7 pic, they must have let Max keep his VF-1S and possibly be a team leader of his own Skull squadron, or he got to keep his VF-1S under Hikaru but changed his number back to 013. I forget since I haven't watched DYRL in a awhile and I lent it to a friend, but was Hikaru flying a VF-1S when they first show Max flying a VF-1S?

Thanks for the responses guys. I always assumed that there was more than one VF-1S which every team leader had in DYRL and that they all had the 001 number, but as you guys pointed out, there's usually only one VF-1S in the fleet at any given time.

Actually, I don't think that anyone explicitly stated that... But you are correct in that there would likely be only one 1S in any give flight group/squadron.

I forget since I haven't watched DYRL in a awhile and I lent it to a friend, but was Hikaru flying a VF-1S when they first show Max flying a VF-1S?

My guess is that Hikaru was still flying a VF-1A in that scene.

In the DYRL missions of the Macross PS2 game, Apollo Leader flies a VF-1S with gray highlights. So from the three squadrons mentioned in DYRL (Skull, Angel, and Apollo) there must be at least three VF-1S planes.

It depends on what convention SDFM followed. The "001" plane number is typically used by the Wing Commander.

If that is indeed the case then the VF-1S could have been exclusive to Wing Commanders. However, it appears that it was reserved for Squadron commanders and flight commanders would be assigned the VF-1J's.

Now the Macross probably carried between 4 - 6 Air wings of 30 planes (considering her size) and then a extra one that would have been assigned to the Prometheus.

Now a carrier air wing typically carries 2 squadrons of 12 - 15 fighters. So if you do the math there would have been several VF-1S's aboard the Macross.