release date for VF-0S with Ghost combo?

sidearmsalpha

Sure I got you on those.

I think I figured it out....kinda. Mine is not panel lined so it's not as easy to tell, but if you look at the "ribbed" part on the back of the knee that is part of the upper leg, the area where the hamstings would connect to the back of the knee I don't have as many lines showing as you, therfore my nose will not angle down as far as yours will. I pulled....HARD! and it is not going to move any further than it is. Where you are able to make a lets say 90 deg bend with the knee I can only make a 75 deg one and that is preventing me from going nose down when spreading the leggs apart. Verry odd indeed, this would mean that they made quite a design change in this area....or I am an idiot.

DSCN1623.JPG

Edited by sqidd

Nah... I'm pretty sure you're no idiot. I recall mine at first was pretty tough to extend out, but eventually I got it. I think one of them was partially glued too. It might've been over glued by their crazy factory workers. Well you can also try this... loosen the screw on the inner thigh which holds it together.

***EDIT***

Oh yea to note... the blurry hind knee pictured only had four notches out to the split from the upper thigh. I actually had one more notch to go and wasnt pictured. So It should extend to a total of five full notches out to the split (knee swivel) from the upper thigh.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

@sqidd: i laud at your efforts of shedding some light to people having second thoughts of getting this.. thanks, now i'm more inclined at getting this..

i remember yamato's promo pics of the VF-OS + ghost valk, reveals a stress mark at one of its shoulders.. i hope they were just merely using the first issue OS..

Edited by MaveRick

Nah... I'm pretty sure you're no idiot. I recall mine at first was pretty tough to extend out, but eventually I got it. I think one of them was partially glued too. It might've been over glued by their crazy factory workers. Well you can also try this... loosen the screw on the inner thigh which holds it together.

***EDIT***

Oh yea to note... the blurry hind knee pictured only had four notches out to the split from the upper thigh. I actually had one more notch to go and wasnt pictured. So It should extend to a total of five full notches out to the split (knee swivel) from the upper thigh.

Cool, thanks for the insight. I will go at it with some tools next. I applied quite a bit of pressure to it and it did not budge and pulling the leg off would have probably ruined my evening, LOL.

I am putting shelves uo right now, but I will go after his knee's Mafia style this ebening. <_<

Thanks for the heads up

sqidd

Sqidd thanks for posting all this. If I can scrounge up the money, I'll be picking up one of these bad boys as it sounds like the QC department did their job on this release. I appreciate your efforts.

No problem (this is a response to everyone). I will have another one here on Friday. After I get that sucker out of the box I will transform it all the way to batroid and back to fighter (thats how it will be displayed) and let you guys know if that one has the same level of quality.

Next up I will be transforming my "old school" VF-0S into Batroid for display later today. Lets hope I don't have floppy shoulders and crap feet.

To do the knees you don't pull straight out, you pull out and down, it doesn't feel like a sleeve mechanism but some sort of a hinge.

I just got it. Man, those suckers where in there tight. I would never have pulled that hard if I hadn't seen the pictures of the other one and you giving me the "nudge".

I don't think there are any "floppy" problems with this VF-0S, LOL

Before everyone goes an gets a mortgage on their kids so they can get a bunch of VF-0S's with boosters lets wait till my second one gets here and I can play with that one too.

I would hate to be known as "That guy who told us that piece of crap was good" :p

Before everyone goes an gets a mortgage on their kids so they can get a bunch of VF-0S's with boosters lets wait till my second one gets here and I can play with that one too.

I would hate to be known as "That guy who told us that piece of crap was good" :p

LOL "Mortgage on our kids". This is why its good to be young and not tied down to a wife or kids. MWHAHAAHHAA HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR YEAR ROCKS ALL YA!!!!

Like I have enough money to buy multiples. One is good enough for me or all that I can afford at the moment.

So any other member has bought this as I need some feedbacks before I proceed with this pricey purchase. :rolleyes: Thx.

I put my second one together yesterday and it was fantastic. Everything was so tight it was silly. And just for fun I transformed my old VF-0S from fighter into Batdroid and it's a floppy peice of crap. The new ones are a thousand times better!

So any other member has bought this as I need some feedbacks before I proceed with this pricey purchase. :rolleyes: Thx.

Ill do a small review similar to Squidd's addressing any common problem that exists or is fixed. I'm still waiting for HLJ to send me the payment email, but that shouldn't be long. I hope.

this has slipped down my list slightly, as i have a couple of things i need to get for our new apartment. Hopefully I wont miss out.

I'm in the exact same boat! I spent $200 on cables alone for the new place. My God is it ever fun though! The list of stuff for your apartment you can get for the cost of a VF-0S is pretty staggering though... I got all my plates and a vacuum for about that price :)

rats. I was hoping Id found a place to get the stand alone one.

I'd go for a stand alone one too, but has there been any news of such a release?

I guess the logical thing Yamato would do is release the standalone VF-0S "only" when the Rective Armour

is ready/in production. I mean, is it actually possible they would release a VF-0S with R/Armour included? Too big?

I mean, is it actually possible they would release a VF-0S with R/Armour included? Too big?

If they shipped it in Battroid mode already fitted with the Reactive Armor, I'd supposed it would be able to fit in the usual boxes.

Well hello fellow MW members! I just got my VF-0S today with ghost booster from HLJ. Amazingly it only took 2 days to ship from Japan to my doorstep(very cool). I have never owned a VF-0S before so I never had the 1st issue, but I'll be reviewing this item as best as I can.

Fighter Mode: This bird is solid when straight of the box and when transformed its nice and tight. Of course all the nice tampo printing comes back and there aren't any over sprays on mine so it looks great. Landing gear is fully deployable although it requires a little work to get out. I'm happy to report there is not broken back syndrome or oddness of the fighter mode. Two thumbs up to Yamato! Engine details look great.

Gerwalk Mode: Gerwalk mode is equally awesome and makes a nice menacing pose. Everything is nice and tight and the floppyness is very slim to none. I checked the shoulders and there isn't any stress marks in the plastic. The feet lock in and out as far as I know of and keep the Valkyrie sturdy in all poses.

Battloid Mode: In battloid mode this toy really does shine with amazing articulation and stability. Everything is tight and sturdy. Yamato did not go glue crazy on my valk so this guy is free of sticky situations. The backpack is very flush against the back and looks great without a proper locking system. The leg fast packs attach by magnets and it does the job, but I would have wanted a better locking system with pegs rather than magnets. My only other gripe is about the shoulder armor which don't lock in until put into the right position. On mine the left shoulder is more locked in than the right, but thats only a minor gripe and really doesn't affect my opinion of the bird. There doesn't seem to be any floppy hips either.

Ghost fighter: This gray hunk of plastic is a nice accessory with fully workable landing gear and a booster on a ball joint. Pretty cool looking. The missile pod add ons are a nice compliment for the 0S as well.

Problems: So far the only thing that bugs me is the shoulder armor not locking up to well and those "chicken hands". The hands hold the gun fairly well, but I would still prefer some meaty robotic hands over these.

Do I recommend buying you the consumer to buy this product? My answer is yes! This is the 0S we've all been wanting without the QC nightmares. Not only is it beautiful, its sturdy as well! Yamato I believe can now redeem themselves after the 1st release. I'll repeat I have found zero QC issues on this production model! I'll post some pictures later. B))

Well hello fellow MW members! I just got my VF-0S today with ghost booster from HLJ. Amazingly it only took 2 days to ship from Japan to my doorstep(very cool). I have never owned a VF-0S before so I never had the 1st issue, but I'll be reviewing this item as best as I can.

Fighter Mode: This bird is solid when straight of the box and when transformed its nice and tight. Of course all the nice tampo printing comes back and there aren't any over sprays on mine so it looks great. Landing gear is fully deployable although it requires a little work to get out. I'm happy to report there is not broken back syndrome or oddness of the fighter mode. Two thumbs up to Yamato! Engine details look great.

Gerwalk Mode: Gerwalk mode is equally awesome and makes a nice menacing pose. Everything is nice and tight and the floppyness is very slim to none. I checked the shoulders and there isn't any stress marks in the plastic. The feet lock in and out as far as I know of and keep the Valkyrie sturdy in all poses.

Battloid Mode: In battloid mode this toy really does shine with amazing articulation and stability. Everything is tight and sturdy. Yamato did not go glue crazy on my valk so this guy is free of sticky situations. The backpack is very flush against the back and looks great without a proper locking system. The leg fast packs attach by magnets and it does the job, but I would have wanted a better locking system with pegs rather than magnets. My only other gripe is about the shoulder armor which don't lock in until put into the right position. On mine the left shoulder is more locked in than the right, but thats only a minor gripe and really doesn't affect my opinion of the bird. There doesn't seem to be any floppy hips either.

Ghost fighter: This gray hunk of plastic is a nice accessory with fully workable landing gear and a booster on a ball joint. Pretty cool looking. The missile pod add ons are a nice compliment for the 0S as well.

Problems: So far the only thing that bugs me is the shoulder armor not locking up to well and those "chicken hands". The hands hold the gun fairly well, but I would still prefer some meaty robotic hands over these.

Do I recommend buying you the consumer to buy this product? My answer is yes! This is the 0S we've all been wanting without the QC nightmares. Not only is it beautiful, its sturdy as well! Yamato I believe can now redeem themselves after the 1st release. I'll repeat I have found zero QC issues on this production model! I'll post some pictures later. B))

It sounds like Yamato is finally doing the Zero justice. The 0A Shin seemed to have minimal complaints too. This is great news for someone like me who happens to like the VF-0 design a lot more than the VF-1.