release date for VF-0S with Ghost combo?

sidearmsalpha

yeah, thanks for the willingness to sacrifice a great toy for your fellow Macross fans. I have the regular VF-0S that i have not transformed yet...i just keep it in fighter mode or in the box...i dont want anything to happen to it.

Edited by Jeremy007

What about the re-release of the stand-alone Roy VF-0S? Fixes? Non floppy? I still want to know if we have a Reactive Armour coming before i purchase my Roy. Boy, if there is a R/Armor coming, sure as hell the VF-0S will be selling like hot cakes! hot cakes i say!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Sqidd, the whole Macross universe is counting on you...Ganbatte kudasai ne!

post-3608-1192322917.gif

I can't wait! I will have this sucker out of the box the second it hits my hands! I will write a full report after I have transformed it.

B))

I just got a tracking number for the one coming out of HK, but I don't know where to plug it in to see what the status is. It looks like a USPS # but when I fire it in there it doesn't give me anything. Any one recognize the number?

CP XXX 869 861 HK (the XXX is not in there, I replaced three of the numbers with them for some unknown security reason)

I also have another one coming out of New York that will ship on Monday. I should have one of them by Thursday.....I hope.

I want to see these suckers baaaaaaaaad. Not to mention the one coming out of HK has my second SV-51 with it. I'm going to have a grand ol battle when I get these all set up. I hope my neighbors don't see me. I will be hauled off wearing a funny coat that has the arms on backwards. :blink::p

Uh, OH! Look what just showed up for the good guys!

It's just a teaser though. I gotta leave right now and go do some work on the dyno. I will break this sucker out tonight.

Someone post a list of the problems I am looking for. I had a VF-0A and had no issues and I transformed it all the way to Batroid. I have a VF-0S also, but it has never been transformed. I have no idea what improvements/issues I am looking for.

DSCN1614.JPG

I can't put it off any longer. I gotta put more shelves up tonight :wacko:

Problems to look for :

Loose shoulders

Feet on the first edition VF-0S didn't have a way of staying locked in the fully pulled out position in Battroid mode like the VF-0A and later editions.

The first edition 0S in fighter mode had what is referred to as the "broken back syndrome". In other words, the fuselage would be floopy and you can tell this when you pick it up because it would sag a little. If you have the landing gear deployed and set it back down, the fuselage would be straight until you picked it up again.

If I missed anything, someone else chime in.

-Kyp

I just got done un-boxing the VF-0S and they must have made some improvements over the last generation. I have one of the last generation but I never transformed it and never even set it on the landing gear for that matter. It cam out of the box and went right on a stand.

Shoulders- The shoulders ball and socket are ROCK solid. I would go as far as saying they are borderline too tight, but I am sure they will loosen up a bit after it has been played with a few times. But I can’t see them becoming anything resembling floppy. The “shoulder pads” on the other hand flop around quite a bit unless they are locked in to their fully upright position. If they are not locked in there they will drop down until something stops them. They don’t present a problem except for when it is Gerwalk mode and the shoulders are under the wings and you can’t raise the shoulder pads high enough to lock them in because they get jammed under the wing pretty hard. In pic A you will see where the shoulder pads are locked into their fully upright position. You can note how they are jammed up under the wing a bit and that limits the angles you can get out of the arm for posing. In pic B you will see what they look like if they are not locked in.

Feet- The fit will lock into place and allow you to pose it with confidence. Like I said above, I never tried this with my VF-0S that I have in fighter mode, but I did have a VF-0A and that one was displayed at a Batroid. The updated VF-0S has feet that work like the VF-0A and I would say they may even be a bit better than the locking mechanism in the VF-1 1/48’s.

Broken Back Syndrome- I set this up in fighter mode sitting on the landing gear and there is no droop what so ever. The fighter is a rock. At no point in transforming it, displaying it, posing it did I once think that there was anything less than full blown stiffness going on. I think it’s safe to say the broken back syndrome is gone.

Bicep Swivel- Very, very tight

Stress marks on the gray shoulder piece underneath the exterior white armor- None

The only gripe I have is that if you want to swivel the legs out to get it “toed out” while in Gerwalk so you can get that super aggressive nose down pose it is quite the balancing act to get it from collapsing on you. I have only tried this while it is sitting on my desktop though and the surface may as well be a skating rink. If it were on a surface that wasn’t so slick it probably wouldn’t be that big of a deal. Or, I bet you could apply a very small amount of rubber cement to the edges of the feet so it has some traction.

I think that was all the gripes with the last Gen VF-0S. I hope mine is not a fluke and that you guys will order some and they will turn out substandard. I do have another one of these coming that I should have by Friday though. I will let you guys know if that one works as well as this one does when I get it.

My conclusion is that this sucker rocks. Incredible level of ancillary items, the “Skull One” paint scheme and updated parts. I give it a A. I think you will enjoy one if you decide to get it. Hope this helped.

Pic A

DSCN1622.JPG

Pic B

DSCN1621.JPG

@ sqidd...

I believe you might've missed a step for the legs in gerwalk mode. There is another ratchet feature that allows the gerwalk mode to get the "nose down" angle. Check back in the manual. The ratchet is in the lower part of the thigh above the knee swivel. Thats why you might've not seen it.

***EDIT*** reference pic...

Pictured here in the second and third transformation step from fighter to gerwalk:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...dh-may-o6-1.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Please remove the shoulder covers and look at the plastic beneath. I'm curious to see if there are stress marks. It was cracking plastic that made the shoulders loose.

ha! it makes no difference.

if you purchase a yamato, you gotta completely take it apart, clean up it, mod/tweak it in some way, then reassemble it yourself. thats the only way their(newer)toys don't break.

Thanks Sqidd for the awesome update. Looks like I'll end up picking up one of these bad boys after all. Once I get more money that is :angry: This thing sounds like a real winner now. Awesome sculpt, paint app, tampo printing and now with solid structual improvements. Yamato you devil you taking $200 more of my dollars. XD

Please remove the shoulder covers and look at the plastic beneath. I'm curious to see if there are stress marks. It was cracking plastic that made the shoulders loose.

I checked back there, no stress marks at all. The "shoulder pads" are just simply "loose" when they are anywhere short of the full upright posistion. When going into the fully upgright posistion you can feel them "click in" like they were designed to do that. I suspect that the shoulder pads are not meant to be tight as they swivel, or at least it feels that way.

@ sqidd...

I believe you might've missed a step for the legs in gerwalk mode. There is another ratchet feature that allows the gerwalk mode to get the "nose down" angle. Check back in the manual. The ratchet is in the lower part of the thigh above the knee swivel. Thats why you might've not seen it.

***EDIT*** reference pic...

Pictured here in the second and third transformation step from fighter to gerwalk:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...dh-may-o6-1.jpg

Yeah, I got that guy. But it's still just a major balancing act to get it to not spread it's segs (do the splits) when it's in the nose down posistion. I did just put it on a peice of paper and tried that posistion and it was not nearly the same level of dificulty. I'm pretty sure they key is to provide some resistance for the feet in regards to them sliding sideways and therefore making the splits.

Yea the trick to that is you need to bend the knee joint as much as possible while using the knee pads (covers) to provide some resistance for the knee swivels to keep them from swinging into a split.

***EDIT***

I'll provide a pic when I get the chance:

post-4919-1192579072_thumb.jpg

post-4919-1192579440_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Yea the trick to that is you need to bend the knee joint as much as possible while using the knee pads (covers) to provide some resistance for the knee swivels to keep them from swinging into a split.

***EDIT***

I'll provide a pic when I get the chance:

Hmmmmm, I'm getting close, but I'm missing something. Do you have a full on side view of that you can post up? I have a problem with the dangle of my angle I believe :mellow:

no one actually said it, but there are a few comments that made it sound that way.

but judging by your response, there is no difference.

Not that I can tell, I have the "old" VF-0S sitting right here next to it and they are the same as far as I can tell.