Your Top 5 Non-Macross Anime

MilSpex

Hrmm. Let's see:

1. Genesis Climber Mospeada

2. Bubblegum Crisis / A.D. Police (originals)

3. Aim For the Top! Gunbuster

4. Cowboy Bebop

5. Vision of Escaflowne

6. Ghost in the Shell: SAC (and 2nd gig)

7. Project A-ko (NOT "Vs")

...though I could go on and on...

Hrmm. Let's see:

1. Genesis Climber Mospeada

2. Bubblegum Crisis / A.D. Police (originals)

3. Aim For the Top! Gunbuster

4. Cowboy Bebop

5. Vision of Escaflowne

6. Ghost in the Shell: SAC (and 2nd gig)

7. Project A-ko (NOT "Vs")

...though I could go on and on...

I like your list. And damnit I forgot about Project A-Ko! It would probably replace Fist of the North Star on my list.

Edited by MilSpex

It never ceases to amaze me the number of Gunbuster fans here. ^_^

I generally like everything I've seen, and can't really cut them down to just five. I could probably list five I've hated with certainty, but not favorites. Still, let's try.

All timers - the one's I've long considered favorite so I can list them with confidence.

1. Aim for the Top Gunbuster

2. (this would be Macross in other lists) Neon Genesis Evangelion

3. (might actually be two) Mobile Battleship Nadesico

4. Patlabor - The Mobile Police (et. al)

5. UC Gundam (Namely 0079, Zeta, CCA and Turn A [uC if you believe in Turn A Bang])

Other mentions include Utena, Escaflowne, Urusei Yatsura, KGNE, Project A-ko, Lupin III, BGC, El Hazard, Fushigi Yuugi,Cowboy Bebop, Silent Mobius films, Giant Robo, Genshiken, Tenchi, Ghost in the Shell (especially the Oshii movies), Vampire Hunter D, KOR, Key, Dirty Pair, Space Adventure Cobra, Eatman, Blue Seed, Combustable Campus Guardress, and the Leijiverse.

Recent favorites include Black Lagoon, Haruhi, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Pani Poni Dash, Gurren-Lagann, and Lucky Star. New anime is hardly crap.

Favorite Miyazaki works are Laputa, Nausicaa, and Princess Mononoke.

There's a million I haven't mentioned.

In no particular order my top 10 excluding Macross:

• Cowboy Bebop
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Akira
  • Ninja Scroll
  • Eureka Seven
  • Gurren Lagann
  • Bleach
  • Evangelion
  • Patlabor
  • Cromartie High School

I couldn't help but add 5 more, they're all equally good in my opinion.

In no particular order:

Saint Seiya (best part is the Hades Arc Sanctuary Chapter)

Death Note

Azumanga Daioh

GITSSAC

Cowboy Bebop

after top 5:

Escaflowne TV series and particularly the movie

Revolutionary Girl Utena the movie

Rurouni Kenshin OVA series 1

Patlabor the Movie 1

Evangelion

Record of Lodoss War OVA

Martian Successor Nadesico

Super Atragon

Urusei Yatsura the Movie 2: Beautiful Dreamer

Jin-Roh

Perfect Blue

I just don't get the attraction to hentai - i mean, there is PLENTY of real world naughty-ness all over the net. What would anyone find appealing about cute faced, even child like features - huge boobed - tentacled/monsterous wang/whatever sorta stuff? I don't get it. But whatever floats ur boat i guess. :blink:

I just don't get the attraction to hentai - i mean, there is PLENTY of real world naughty-ness all over the net. What would anyone find appealing about cute faced, even child like features - huge boobed - tentacled/monsterous wang/whatever sorta stuff? I don't get it. But whatever floats ur boat i guess. :blink:

Given the long and varied list of truly bizarre sexual entertainment which people view, hentai doesn't seem odd in the least. In fact, I'd probably have an easier time accepting a girl who liked hentai over most anything else.

1. Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind

2. Big O

3. Samurai Champloo

4. Cowboy Bebop

5. Dead Leaves

He...he...'cause they don't jiggle like this in real life....post-3608-1190514707.gif

Jiggle Link

Given the long and varied list of truly bizarre sexual entertainment which people view, hentai doesn't seem odd in the least. In fact, I'd probably have an easier time accepting a girl who liked hentai over most anything else.

aw man, does that bring up memories... B))

In no particular order and of course exempting Macross.

* Record of Lodoss War OVA - I watched this over and over. Even non-anime fans liked it, but the budget shortcuts at the end was bad (recycled animation from combat)

* Patlabor - I will be honest. I wasn't a fan of the movies after the first one. But the OVA and series were top notch. Pure character goodness with some mecha thrown in!

* Ninja Scroll (original) - This was a hot item in the 90s, and it too got alot of people watching that weren't into anime.

* Vision of Escaflowne (series%) - I caught onto this show in 1999 from my friend's VHS tapes. Loved it ever since. Hated the movie version.

* Big Wars

* Just kidding on Big Wars :lol: I meant to say Cowboy Bebop.

** I actually bought the VHS of Big Wars in the mid-90's. I thought, "WWII in space? Cool!" What I got was... something different from what I imagined.

% Thanks for the correction :)

Edited by Warmaker

* Patlabor - I will be honest. I wasn't a fan of the movies after the first one. But the OVA and series were top notch. Pure character goodness with some mecha thrown in!

You're right on this case, but I haven't watched Patlabour II since that first viewing and now I wonder if it'll be better as I've grown up a tad since then (that's what made Patlabour I so entertaining this latest time around).

You're right on this case, but I haven't watched Patlabour II since that first viewing and now I wonder if it'll be better as I've grown up a tad since then (that's what made Patlabour I so entertaining this latest time around).

I just watched Patlabor 2 again this evening, and to honest, its my favourate of all Patlabor movies/TV.

I just watched Patlabor 2 again this evening, and to honest, its my favourate of all Patlabor movies/TV.

the movies and the show are almost two different beasts entirely, but as far as the movies go, 2 is definitely my favorite, followed by the 1st movie and somewhere WAY off in the distance is that patlabor versus giant monster movie.

Haven't seen the second half of the series yet, but Karas would get my vote as the 'Coolest' anime show I've seen. Not necessary the best anime (even though the production value is pretty high up there, just not that thought provoking), but it got so much style and 'coolness' in the animation. Definitely a worthy mention even though I didn't included it in my top 5, since I have yet finish the show. Still waiting for the 2nd DVD. :p