Macross Zero QTVR. Your dreams has come true!

ikhii

This is my first attempt and still on going. I hope everyone can enjoy it and sure enough love it.

My first QTVR for macross :

SV-51 Battoroid Finalized!

SV-51 Fighter Mode Beta V.3! (updated 24/9/07)

Battoroid mode is ready. I have 2 different designs at the moment. If I got the time, will update more. Now I will turn my attention to Garwalk mode and Fighter mode.

* You will need Quicktime player to view the files. Please be a bit patient while waiting for the files to download.

Battoroid Mode V.3, Final Design 1 (Sky) and Design 2 (My D.D) :

skywr7.jpg myddzd3.jpg

For higher resolution, please click the below links.

'Sky" High Res

'My D.D' High Res

Beta v.3 GarWalk Mode (need to reshoot this one) and finally Fighter Mode Beta V.2 (newly updated for preview):

sv51gwqj4.jpg fightervp8.jpg

Higher resolution for all QTVR will be uploaded upon request.

Enjoy and more to come!

ikhii

p.s. VF-0 is coming soon.

sv51gw_ikhii.mov

sv51bt_600_D2.mov

sv51bt_600_D1.mov

sv51bt_D1_1K.mov

sv51bt_D2_1K.mov

sv51fighter_beta2.mov

Edited by ikhii

VERY nicely done. You should get onto Graham about adding those innto the toy review pages.

Thanks, vermillion.

I am actually finalizing some special stuff to make the thing more presentable. Sure enough i may need your high resolution scans to be put into the QTVR.

Thanks for all the scans on wallpaper section.

Very nice. The only thing I would suggest is ether get a high res. camera or limit the zoom. I do love it though. Great Job.

Yep, i am using a high resolution camera. don't worry about that. it is just a preview version (544x400) of what i'm doing now. The original file is around 3264 x 2448 pix in size. I'm sure it will be huge if i were to maintain that size. You can zoom into every single detail that you wish to see ;). I'll try to maintain a normal file size what may fit everyones screen. perhaps 800 x 600 would be a good resolution.

Thanks for the advice.

ikhii

Neat idea! I used to do panoramas with QTVR but never thought doing this kind of stuff with Yamato Valks.

I think you should talk to Shawn or Graham to include this stuff as a feature in the Yamato toy gallery, would be very helpfull for people thinking about buying a yammie (this is the next step after regular posing photos).

Edited by Aegis!

Neat idea! I used to do panoramas with QTVR but never thought doing this kind of stuff with Yamato Valks.

I think you should talk to Shawn or Graham to include this stuff as a feature in the Yamato toy gallery, would be very helpfull for people thinkung about buying a yammie (this is the next step after regular posing photos).

thanks Aegis and the rest,

will take note of that and will try to finish up battroid mode first and give a sample to Graham.

I've created a lot of Panaromas photos and the 3d is a bit different setup compare to object QTVR. But still, the ideas did came from there.

Thanks again for suggestion.

ikhii

Absolutely fantastic. This is a perfect way to give fans the ideal view of any toy/model. I'd definitely like to see something like this on a Macross website. It's even better than window shopping or seeing the product inside a box. You're lighting is very good as is the high number of frames you've used to achieve a nice smooth rotation. This is most impressive. I am really eager to see the finished product.

Thanks guys for the thumbs up. I am 60% to the end (battroid). Will upload the gerwalk mode soon (in beta v.3.) But i think it's not good enough, i will need to reshoot it again. Make sure lightings are all great. I'm a perfectionist so will spend a bit more time just to get things right. ;)

Cheers.

ikhii

p.s. Gerwalk mode seems to be more exciting for me ;) Come back later and you will know what i meant.

Edited by ikhii

I cant wait to see the other modes, and some more in a higher res. Do you plan on using the wallpapers for background images? that would be amazing!

Its about time someone came up with something fresh like this. If you havent already get onto Graham or Shawn about getting them embedded into the toy review pages!

I cant wait to see the other modes, and some more in a higher res. Do you plan on using the wallpapers for background images? that would be amazing!

Its about time someone came up with something fresh like this. If you havent already get onto Graham or Shawn about getting them embedded into the toy review pages!

Well my friend, your wish will come true. I'm sure high res will be a bit heavy to download but it is worth the wait. Bring on all the wallpapers that you can find and i will fit those which is related to the valks.

Will inform everyone when everything is ready. May take sometime to fill in all 3 modes and make sure they are perfect.

As promised. Gerwalk mode preview (beta v.3) is uploaded on top of the page. (not really satisfy with the lighting yet and will definitely shoot again)

Enjoy it and hope it will blow your minds away when the final comes.

To all Macross fans, this is from me to you!

ikhii

Edited by ikhii

That is really really really cool! Thanks. Is there any way to animate it so it spins automatically (slowly)? Like a short loop movie? That would be cool too but what you have done is really cool already. Beautiful bird

Yep, there is a way, I will do some magic later for automatic loops. do have to wait a bit ya. I am expecting everything to be finish in a week or two for all modes.