my custom VF-1D!

zanderwitaz

I think I got most of the detials, except for the little black circle things. should I do the thin black stripe on the arms and backpack? I havent painted the inside of the tail fins, but I'll do that soon. let me know what you think!

DSCN0532.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

UPDATE:

no, I havent panel lined anything. I added the famous swivel thigh mod to make this an official super poseable valkyrie! wohoo! ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed head, ball jointed thighs, svivel thighs, swivel wrists, independent thruster nozzles. all the joints were tightened up , including the backpack hinge. theres no wobble anywhere in this thing! will post new pics when finished painting. enjoy!

DSCN0537.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

Edited by zanderwitaz

That looks so awesome. I want one! How'd you make the head?

I still have an original Chris Barreta 1/55 VF-1D head I've never used from like 1998 or so. I'm old.

and calling me a procrastinator is rhetorical on MW. :p

Edited by redemption

One of the best things for panel lines are Copic markers. They are an achole base marker and the panel markers are 0.02mm thick, very fine. You can get them in black, grey and olive green. They really are great to use and if you slip just use a cotton tip to wipe it off just do it straight away. I order mine from HLJ at about 230yen each. Link below.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TOO04187