LIVE ACTION ROBOTECH (WB gets the rights)

UN Spacy

We are very excited to bring Robotech to the big screen. There is a rich mythology that will be a great foundation for a sophisticated, smart and entertaining film.

—Tobey Maguire, [5]

Smart Ro****** film? :huh:

Smart Ro****** film? :huh:

The Hollywood definition for a "rich mythology that will be a great foundation for a sophisticated, smart and entertaining film" is simply a combinaison of spectacular explosions all over the place and of a simple nonsense storyline that me, you, our families and friends etc will understand without even thinking. Spectacular explosions all over the place are going to think for us instead. F*CK YEAH LIVE ACTION ROBOTECH !!!

Edited by Macross007

holy hell...

do you realize that would mean total ruin for the movie?

and we haven't even considered meddling from the local government/entertainment royalty! that's astounding failure in the making!

I approve of this idea 100% !

or yeah, they could just re-dub Resiklo. ( the transforming robots will be in the sequel :ph34r: )

:lol:

Hey! You guys show some respect. That's no less than our country's incumbent Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla, Jr. in the lead role! :ph34r::lol:http://www.ramonbongrevillajr.com/

What?!! Tobey Maguire's talking about Robotech? Do you have a link to that quote?

"Maguire, WB attack the big screen with 'Robotech"

You need to sign in for that site, the one I quoted is from Wikipedia entry about Robotech live action

Edited by Morpheus

• 4 weeks later...

HUH?! WHAT THE HELL?! HOLY CRAP!! I DIDN'T THINK I WAS OUT OF SYNC WITH THE REST OF YOU FOR THAT LONG! DAMN! BEING UNDERWAY SUCKS EVEN MORE! DECULTURE!!!! :blink::wacko: ...............I just took a gander at what IGN had to say and the screenwriter for two of the greatest movies ever will pen this...thing? God, I saw a few blasphemous posts about SK doing the mecha designs. I'm with the rest of you that say "F--- that!" Live action Macross would be something nice...but think about how the G Savior came out, I didn't watch because I got the verdict beforehand. A wannabe LA Macross coming and another one of my favorites, a LA GitS headed by Dreamworks and Spielberg...first they ruined Street Fighter, Mario Bros, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil...now they're gonna go ahead and ruin our favorite anime franchises...at least Transformers was good. I'm happy with Macross the way it is, I have my idea for some of the actors, but overall...no. I think about it now, yes...but deep down inside it is a big ass "NO!" God, the talk about "smart" just doesn't go well with Homotech/Robojunk/Robocrap...damn you don't have to think about the damn story. They're fighting for the petro of the future damn it! An analogy of today's world depending on who you ask! As for it probably opening doors for possible US releases of Zero and 7 would be nice...but...that's only if they credit the original concept to SK and gang...which probably won't happen because I don't recall their names appearing in HG's abomination. Well...that's all I can say, I had to go iron something to clear my mind of the shock of this relatively new news. Alright, back to watching the bad assery of ep 25 of Frontier and hope to have dreams of my gf in Sheryl's guise like I did earlier today. :lol:

HUH?! WHAT THE HELL?! HOLY CRAP!! I DIDN'T THINK I WAS OUT OF SYNC WITH THE REST OF YOU FOR THAT LONG! DAMN! BEING UNDERWAY SUCKS EVEN MORE! DECULTURE!!!! :blink::wacko: ...............I just took a gander at what IGN had to say and the screenwriter for two of the greatest movies ever will pen this...thing? God, I saw a few blasphemous posts about SK doing the mecha designs. I'm with the rest of you that say "F--- that!" Live action Macross would be something nice...but think about how the G Savior came out, I didn't watch because I got the verdict beforehand. A wannabe LA Macross coming and another one of my favorites, a LA GitS headed by Dreamworks and Spielberg...first they ruined Street Fighter, Mario Bros, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil...now they're gonna go ahead and ruin our favorite anime franchises...at least Transformers was good. I'm happy with Macross the way it is, I have my idea for some of the actors, but overall...no. I think about it now, yes...but deep down inside it is a big ass "NO!" God, the talk about "smart" just doesn't go well with Homotech/Robojunk/Robocrap...damn you don't have to think about the damn story. They're fighting for the petro of the future damn it! An analogy of today's world depending on who you ask! As for it probably opening doors for possible US releases of Zero and 7 would be nice...but...that's only if they credit the original concept to SK and gang...which probably won't happen because I don't recall their names appearing in HG's abomination. Well...that's all I can say, I had to go iron something to clear my mind of the shock of this relatively new news. Alright, back to watching the bad assery of ep 25 of Frontier and hope to have dreams of my gf in Sheryl's guise like I did earlier today. :lol:

As long as you're taking the news calmly...

As long as you're taking the news calmly...

I was quite shocked you know because it was something totally out of the blue. From what I read in earlier posts, quite a few people were shocked. Gods, I'm still wondering if I should throw away part of my paycheck to buy a copy of Shadow Farce, but I always shy away and think about buying Carrier, but I shy away from that too...oh well, looks like I'll just wait till I go to Hong Kong and buy it there for a buck and hopefully Region 0 Macross F Blu-Ray set for like 50 or whatever they wanna charge. ^_^

They're fighting for the petro of the future damn it!

If they don't use this as the tagline for the Robotech movie I will be severely disappointed.

"Coming in 2010, Robotech: The Motion Picture! THEY'RE FIGHTING FOR THE PETRO OF THE FUTURE, DAMN IT!"

I was quite shocked you know because it was something totally out of the blue. From what I read in earlier posts, quite a few people were shocked. Gods, I'm still wondering if I should throw away part of my paycheck to buy a copy of Shadow Farce, but I always shy away and think about buying Carrier, but I shy away from that too...oh well, looks like I'll just wait till I go to Hong Kong and buy it there for a buck and hopefully Region 0 Macross F Blu-Ray set for like 50 or whatever they wanna charge. ^_^

I'd say any Blu-ray set you'd be able to buy of the series there at this point would just be a burned collection of TV-rips. We are talking about Hong Kong after all. Anyway, the japanese Macross F Blu-rays play on any region player so I'll just continue with that gorgeous (and admittedly a wee overpriced ^_^;;) set.

Yeah but there are many Blu-Ray being released where region coding is not enforced. It tends to depend on the studios, but for instance most Warner DVDs aren't region coded, so you can buy a Region A and play it on a Region B player, and so on... There's a nefty site that reference it here actually : http://bluray.liesinc.net/

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of information regarding Japanese DVDs and Animes compared to EU or US releases.

-Sergorn

I'd say any Blu-ray set you'd be able to buy of the series there at this point would just be a burned collection of TV-rips. We are talking about Hong Kong after all. Anyway, the japanese Macross F Blu-rays play on any region player so I'll just continue with that gorgeous (and admittedly a wee overpriced ^_^;;) set.

Well, the thing is sometimes they actually have the real product, but they are sold a very low prices, one of my coworkers wandered over to the Golden Arcade and bought a lot of real region 1 PS2 games complete with the real manual and anti-theft tape. I'm sure tracking down an original blu-ray wouldn't be a problem. I'll have to wait and see, I got some big budget items coming this year ranging from a car, 40+ inch LCD and a PS3 when I get back to JP. Not to mention the 1/60 M+ Valks... :wacko:

Well, the thing is sometimes they actually have the real product, but they are sold a very low prices, one of my coworkers wandered over to the Golden Arcade and bought a lot of real region 1 PS2 games complete with the real manual and anti-theft tape. I'm sure tracking down an original blu-ray wouldn't be a problem. I'll have to wait and see, I got some big budget items coming this year ranging from a car, 40+ inch LCD and a PS3 when I get back to JP. Not to mention the 1/60 M+ Valks... :wacko:

Oh yeah, no doubt about that. Fake or real, shopping in Hong Kong was cheap ^_^ but I got the impression you were going to look for a complete series set. Given that they're up to volume 2 right now, any full series set you do come across assuredly wont be real.

Oh yeah, no doubt about that. Fake or real, shopping in Hong Kong was cheap ^_^ but I got the impression you were going to look for a complete series set. Given that they're up to volume 2 right now, any full series set you do come across assuredly wont be real.

Well, I don't think I'll be going to Hong Kong until the summer or probably next winter in 2009. Just gotta wait, although maybe I'll just get my GF to buy the real set and she probably will do it and call me a geek at the same time and that's when I take her and.... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I'd say McGuire is capable of acting in Spider-Man and producing Robotech at the same time.

agreed. i think his contract specifically states that he doesn't have to put any effort into the roll of spidey. leaves plenty of time for other ventures.

agreed. i think his contract specifically states that he doesn't have to put any effort into the roll of spidey. leaves plenty of time for other ventures.

Well he didn't put any effort to the role of Peter Parker... so he should be available 100% to his Robotech producing duties.

hachacha! ^_^

I think its fair to say that the Robotech Live Action movie is at a stage in Hollywood known as DEVELOPMENT HELL. A lot of movies don't emerge from this stage. The Jim Cameron film Avatar, which is due to come out late next year, has been in the works since 1995, with a lot of that time spent in development hell.

Taksraven

That's a little premature, isn't it? The deal between Warner Brothers and Harmony Gold was signed only about a year ago, and they commissioned the first draft of the script only four months ago. All of the original people who were involved with it still are.

If 2012 rolls around, the movie has bounced back and forth between three different studios, there are six different scripts, the movie has gone through eight different directors and it still hasn't been made, then you can give it the "Development Hell" label. ;p

That's a little premature, isn't it? The deal between Warner Brothers and Harmony Gold was signed only about a year ago, and they commissioned the first draft of the script only four months ago. All of the original people who were involved with it still are.

Are they? The first writer, Craig Zahler, hasn't been mentioned again since he was revealed over a year ago. The recent draft you're thinking of is actually not being written by the first writer pick, Zahler.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/818/818558p1.html

Are they? The first writer, Craig Zahler, hasn't been mentioned again since he was revealed over a year ago. The recent draft you're thinking of is actually not being written by the first writer pick, Zahler.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/818/818558p1.html

I didn't know that, but even if there are two scripts already, it doesn't qualify for "Development Hell."